Buffalo Pro Hockey

buffaloprohockey

Stampede sounds like some of the NMSU Herd concepts could make their way, renamed, to this thread.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats too funny, my friend sent the buffalo logo to me when I told him about the contest. I'll have to show him the real thing. I apologize and wonder what other logo's he has given me that have been ripped from somewhere.

I defiantely like the blast better than the stampede. I think the city of buffalo is all-too-quickly given a buffalo-the-animal as a logo, and i think that is a shame. Id like to see them with something non-buffalo-thanimal related.

That said, the Blast is a hard concept to pictorialize. Physical items are a lot easier to make logos for.

I have a concept I'm working on. I will post if it turns out well.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Glad you like it. Please pick mine, though, I need a new roof and let me tell ya, $500 AMerican would go a loooooooong way ;)

Should I send pictures of my kids, too? :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Joe, if a good name/logo package is put together and its for something OTHER than Stampede or Blast, will it be immediately shot down, or is there room for consideration at all ?

i like it, its different than anything i have gotten so far. do any of you like either of the names better than the other? joe

I like the name Blast better, but Stampede seems easier to work with. One concern with Stampede is that there was a roller hockey team called the Buffalo Stampede a few years ago.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

well i really am kind of set on blast or stampede guys sorry. i will look at what ever you have, but i did promise the fans i would let them choose the name and i dont want to break that promise. people have been voting on line for 2 months now via e-mail and a poll. so thats a dicey deal for me. heres another angle tho, there will be 2 more expansion teams looking for logos and such within the next 90 days, so keep those ideas perkin. joe

well I ask joe, because, as many people on this board know, there is a growing cliche of Buffalo team names. And being from and living in Buffalo, I find a sense of pride in using a Buffalo as an emblem, but it does grow tired. I would like to see a team having nothing to do with the buffalo animal (we have bisons, bills, sabres, .. we had stampede and destroyers all with buffalo logos).

I would love to see something thats a bit out of the Buffalo box is all ... like Buffalo Knights .. or Buffalo Soldiers.

A note to all you designing logos... don't accept any logos your "friends" give you... I don't care how much you trust this "friend" of yours, I do NOT want to catch ANYONE posting someone else's logo as their own, ESPECIALLY when it's for a real design involving cash.

If you were a designer hired to do this work, you would've been sued, and rightfully so.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

well I ask joe, because, as many people on this board know, there is a growing cliche of Buffalo team names. And being from and living in Buffalo, I find a sense of pride in using a Buffalo as an emblem, but it does grow tired. I would like to see a team having nothing to do with the buffalo animal (we have bisons, bills, sabres, .. we had stampede and destroyers all with buffalo logos).

I would love to see something thats a bit out of the Buffalo box is all ... like Buffalo Knights .. or Buffalo Soldiers.

Buffalo Chips, Buffalo Wings, Buffalo the Vampire Slayers...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

there are also a couple teams that have gotten out of the Buffalo box before ... the Buffalo Stallions, Buffalo Blizzard, Buffalo Braves, and the only one thats still active .. the Buffalo Bandits. All of these have shined in a minor way because of their complete independance from the buffalo as an animal, in my humble opinion.

Archived