Buffalo Pro Hockey

buffaloprohockey

I'm really surprised that more of you are not getting in on this. I speak from experience when I say that landing an identity job for a sports team (at any level) is not an easy thing to do.

I hope that more of you take advantage of this opportunity and show buffaloprohockey what you've got. I have seen some pretty cool things on this board and this is a chance to see your skills in action - go get 'em.

--

Joe Bosack

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the best designers on this site only compete in fantasy competitions... it's sad really. embarrassing sometimes when you get a contest for a real logo, and the 'big guns' dont compete, they all hide, scared that it's a real opportunity, sometimes they'll say they have no time to design the logo... yet 2 days later they've got another 5 logos for the lastest challenge, or fantasy contest on the board.

maybe if we advertised this as a fantasy contest we'd start to see a lot of concepts.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

EDIT EDIT: HA! lol.......ok, well I put this up WITHOUT reading the urging in the above posts. I was doing this anyway. I'm not that easy to prod. But I agree, a team identity project, ANY time is a big deal. High School, minor hockey, whatever. Well, I put something together this afternoon and emailed it over. I know the "Buffalo buffalo" vibe is tired, but operating within the "potential" client's paramenters, here's what I have.

one.jpg

two.jpg

I've always hated it when teams with the name stampede feature one figure. I mean, one animal does not a stampede make. One is.........one is a crazy running buffalo. So anyway, this is my "stampede"

I may play further with the dust cloud at their feet to further drive home the point, depending on feedback. But I kind of like the shape these three make all by themselves.

-thanks

EDIT: Oh yeah, have a version with an "S" on the forhead too. TOo much?

I'll post it later. Smaller probably.

^_^

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Thanks Brian,

I usually don't post things this early in this "rough" of a state but I appreciate the input. I may just try that. I thought I kind of got away with one on ole scowly mouthed Moosey, but I'll giver a shot.

THis is SO crap and really rushed, but something like I was going for it they weren't straight on.

three.jpg

EDIT: BTW, I think the above , if pursued further, could be cool if I went like all the heads were writhing in different directions....pulling against reigns that aren't there..barely under control in their stampeding glory.......like the black steeds the Nazgul ride, all frothy and enraged and pitch black with red eyes.

In the end, I picked the straight on to show cause it remained contained and kind of iconic and I liked that.

I'll be working tomorrow, I'll show some more stuff then. Until then, I have a date with School of ROck.

man i am so jealous, i wish i could use photoshop and what not, and possess artisitc skill, it just kills me that I SUCK, cuz i have so many ideas runnin through my head, but I can never put it out there. :down::evil:

Exactly how I feel. :mad:<_<

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

sterling, you son of a bitch ... I was just putting the final touches on some sketches that all too closely resemble what you have already put together here.

Excellent work on the first two, I think its a very interesting direction to go in, and also a very cool "brooding" color scheme. Its a cool contrast using black buffalo, as opposed to the Sabres white buffalo.

I am gonna try and develop another idea I had now (which you seemingly started to describe a bit).. with the 3 buffalo en masse charging in different directions.

sterling, you son of a bitch ... I was just putting the final touches on some sketches that all too closely resemble what you have already put together here.

HA!! I'm sorry dude. Really. But to be scourged by someone in your league is an honor.

Hey, seriously, it's not like the cash on this one is much to sneeze about. It's about visibility and the work being top notch. You want to put our heads together on it let me know.

If this were uniform design, I'd be all over it, but I'll leave the logos to the pros.

Sterling--First logo is great, but I have one problem: The darkest gray is far too dark. It's really hard to pick out the darkest gray from the black. I hope you don't mind, but I made a quick solution by basically shifting the grays up one. There are three logos side by side to show what they would look like against different jersey backgrounds. One the white I would probably replace the silver outline with something else and the red came out with white flecks, but overlook that.

The second has the same issue, but I like the first more so I edited that one. Great job on both.

Sterling slight mod

I hope you don't mind, but I made a quick solution by basically shifting the grays up one.

I dont mind a bit sabres. I love "hands-on" feedback. Thanks, I may definitely shift grays. For now though, here is how far I am.

You guys will have to bear with me, this is the new center buffalo from the above three-headed concept. So you'll have to picture him without the glow and with a friend on either side for now. I'll get to the rest asap.

four.jpg

I like this guy much better. Crabby, ornery. Head turned slightly. Sometimes this is really fun. I can't wait to finish his pals.

Ok, I guess it'll be something like this. But with dust pouring out of the shield shape you'll be able to see hints of the forelegs and the of course, redrawn side buffs.

five.jpg

To paraphrase Howard Dean: YEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Sterling, your latest work on this concept is nothing short of brilliant. I absolutely LOVE where you're going with this. That center bison is just SO damn awesome! I can't wait to see this guy's two bison buddies. The finished product is going to be SWEET!

I'm a big fan of the color scheme, too. The orange provides a nice "pop" to the overall palette. Just as an aside, I might opt for white (with gray shading) for the primary (center) bison's horns, as this would be more consistent with the animal's teeth... as opposed to the coat.

Brian in Boston

Sterling,

The updated three buffaloes on the plaque look is sweet. I was thinking a side view kicking up dust would be the way to go, but after seeing your three "swimming" buffaloes, I would have to say the straight on group looks much better.

OK I know they weren't swimming but they didn't look like they were stampeding either.....

Newest is, well, fantastic. I like the orange, which might work well for a buffalo team considering it will differentiate itself from the current Sabres scheme. As js said, the grays and black make a cool "brooding" color scheme, but a vibrant color like orange is most definately needed to give the logo some pop and make the jerseys have more potential patterns and layouts. great work.

jesus sterling ... i think i should not even really bother finishing up my ideas. That buffalo is phenomonal, and very likely perfect for this team. I see alot of room for detail improvement (ie. losing the slight "furriness" of it all), but the concept and main illustration you executed here is simply fantastic. I would love to get a vector version of this and show you how I see it being "cleaned up a bit". Fantastic work, simply marvelous.

Archived