OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

Wow, this conveys nothing.

I know the Knicks just have a basketball and their name, but they can get away with it. They're the Knicks. This is just crap. I can't wait for the "partial logos based on the priary." Maybe they'll take those two little abstract streaks and make a logo out of those.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised there's no real wordmark here. I refuse to consider the slapped-on, generic "THUNDER" that arcs the top of the logo as a legitimate wordmark.

What will they put on the front of a jersey? If they use that font, it'll end up looking just like the NBADL Albuquerque Thunderbirds.

a_tucker_300_071217.jpg

This is the worst idea in the history of the NBA. I hope for nothing but infinite failure for this franchise, its owners, and its player who sadly have to bear this nonsense as their symbol. Holy :censored:, this is terrible. And of course it's the biggest load of bull :censored: I've heard to validate it. That :censored: is awful.

They seriously went with this! They seriously believed that this was the best choice. A picture of a dog taking a :censored: on the lawn would've been better. "Red for the sunsets and yellow for the sun." BAHAHAHAHA. Damn I wish this team goes 0-82 next year. The less we have to see that logo, the better.

Bennett said 'partial' logos are in development as well as a mascot. He also said their 'stunning' uniform design is complete and will be unveiled at the beginning of training camp, at the end of the month. He also spewed a load of poop about the 'symbolic' colors. What a crock of :censored:.

LMAO, he said they have orange and red for the sunsets and yellow for the sun.

Because nothing says Thunder like THE SUN.

"But not too red, and not too orange."

www.nba.com/thunder went blank AGAIN...

Maybe this was all an elaborate bluff just to get a reaction and then they'll release a much better and actually relevant logo to the name Thunder... O who am I kidding. Boo to you owners, Boo to you.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

............................................________

....................................,.-??...................``~.,

.............................,.-?...................................?-.,

.........................,/...............................................?:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:?........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....?~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....?~,_........?~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......?=,_.......?-,_.......,.-~-,},.~?;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......?=-._......?;,,./`..../?............../

...,,,___.\`~,......?~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-?

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

espnsignq8.png

I love this logo! The simplicity is cool, and the streaks and shapes suggest action and motion to...

...just kidding. I've taken dumps with more character and depth than this.

HOWEVER, since SOMEONE at SOME POINT has to post SOMETHING good about them, I think the colors will work if they use that lighter blue as the primary, red as the secondary and yellow and dark blue as the trim. There's a blue t-shirt up on their website that shows what that looks like (the one on the right on the main page at the Thunder Store).

But the logo is so bad, angels are crying.

Archived