For the lazy or those that don't feel like clicking:

"Friday December 5, 2008, 7:00 PM Magic vs. Thunder"

:)

It's been changed since then to:

"Friday December 5, 2008, 7:00 PM Magic vs. Oklahoma City"

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rumored colors as stated on an OKC Radio Station today....

Oklahoma flag blue, yellow, and red.

Interesting.

oklahoma-flag.jpg

I read that as "Oklahoma flag blue" and basic red and yellow. PatSox seems to be reading it as those colors in the closest shades on the flag. (I don't really see tan as yellow, though.)

Could work either way. What team comes closest to the primary colors? Cardinals except navy? I'm drawing a blank on any others but I could see it working.

I read that as "Oklahoma flag blue" and basic red and yellow. PatSox seems to be reading it as those colors in the closest shades on the flag. (I don't really see tan as yellow, though.)

I read it the way you did - "Oklahoma flag" describing only the blue.

Okay, ColorWerx, time for some more swatches. :D How close is "Oklahoma Flag Blue" to the Grizzlies' "Beale Street Blue", Minnesota's "Slate Blue," the Hornets' "Creole Blue," and Washington's "Slate Blue"?

I was really hoping for something 'Thunder-ish'. (i.e. gray or grayish-blue, maybe some minimal 'lightning yellow' accents). That Oklahoma flag blue is going to suck if it's associated with yellow & red for a team named Thunder.

ujsignature.png

Okay, ColorWerx, time for some more swatches. :D How close is "Oklahoma Flag Blue" to the Grizzlies' "Beale Street Blue", Minnesota's "Slate Blue," the Hornets' "Creole Blue," and Washington's "Slate Blue"?

Sorry to pull this off topic but are ColorWerx and Pantone the same person or do we have a new color guy?

Sorry to pull this off topic but are ColorWerx and Pantone the same person or do we have a new color guy?

One and the same.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think those colors have some nice potential.

OKC-1.png

(Quick mockup of possible application of the colors)

This almost looks like a 70's powder blue version of the current Cavs colors. If the trend existed in basketball then, this is what their uniforms could've looked like. I like the colors and combos, but still think Thunder is pretty lame and the Barons would've been a more traditional name with more unique possibilities.

From the okcnbafans.com forums:

thundervw8.jpg

Real?

Eh, I can't say I'm really feelin that logo -- especially with that brutal orange/yellow/blue color combo.

It's not often that i guet to use this smiley, but... :puke:

6uXNWAo.png

Another case of Agency FB taking over sports. (If it is in fact real).

See Pacers, Chargers, D-Backs (player name font), Canucks, & more.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Doesn't really feel like a primary... and not sure where the reference to thunder is in that either... very bland imagery. Just feels wrong having Thunder up top... OKC below that... and the stripes make no sense.

The OKC part I can see being a secondary.... they wont refer to them as the OKC Thunder will they?

My guess is that it contains various elements of the official logo set... but wouldn't surprise me either if this is it.... if it is... BIG miss.

Wow. That just, um, screams "D-League".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived