OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

Ok.

A) The fact that they never saw nor used my logo is about 1% of my general frustration, I am very well aware it was a long shot. 99% of my frustration is coming from the fact that first, they stole the team from Seattle. Then, they drop this lame-ass logo :censored: on us. Thus making themselves look like a half assed organization, whom in point-in-case, are just plain ignorant. Aesthetically, and ignorant to the NBA's 'NBA Cares' theme.

B. For what it's worth, I like the court design, broke.

C. Enough already.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are all the OKC Thunder alternate/partial logos shown here really the only alternates they're releasing? More (& hopefully better) to come? It's like a really bad song stuck on repeat (only with different colored backgrouds. Creative.).

ujsignature.png

I just got done looking through all of this thread (yeah I know I'm late), and um er uh..."no". That's about as mildly as Imma put that.

None of those colors even remotely says "Thunder" to me. In fact, it's quite oxymoronic...to have a team called "Thunder" decked out in colors that are more indicative of a BRIGHT SUNSHINY DAY.

Yeah--nice thinking there, whoever came up with this. (insert "shipment of fail" image here.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So are all the OKC Thunder alternate/partial logos shown here really the only alternates they're releasing? More (& hopefully better) to come? It's like a really bad song stuck on repeat (only with different colored backgrouds. Creative.).

nope that's it. for what it's worth the official nba logosheet only has what we've seen.

Bennett has said, however, that secondary/additional logos are forthcoming.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I guess it's wishful thinking that there's a better logo on the horizon, but i'm resigned to the fact that this is it. And i'm preparing to ignore the franchise thusly.

Just got back from vacation... a little late to the party in seeing the logo. Wow, this competes with the Wizards and Bobcats as worst logo in the NBA. There's nothing worse from a design standpoint then when a franchise gets a new opportunity to create a fresh identity, and they go for the clip-art look. I hope they have the worst merchandising sales in the league (of course, they won't because the OK people are going to buy it up). Ugh. I wonder who they hired to design this... or more likely, how many good designs they passed up in favor of this one.

"Hey, we want a basketball in our design. And, we don't know what thunder looks like, so make it colorful and swooshy."

also, check the website now...they have something taking your mind off the terrible logo ;)

www.nba.com/thunder/

Now if only they would have a "Thunder Dancers salute the Soceity of Nude Recreation" night... ^_^

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

So as seen on their website, the court will have a blue circle at mid-court, and orange trim around the court, with blue lines it looks like. The best part is that the circle at mid-court has no logo yet, so maybe their kick ass new logo that replaces this mess will go there when it is designed.

So as seen on their website, the court will have a blue circle at mid-court, and orange trim around the court, with blue lines it looks like. The best part is that the circle at mid-court has no logo yet, so maybe their kick ass new logo that replaces this mess will go there when it is designed.

That's still the OKC-owned Hornets' maple with the post-Hornets paint job.

I think the Thunder will have their own floor and keep the OKC/Ford Center job for things like the Big XII Tourney/AND1/State Championships/Globetrotters/etc. I forget if OKC was required to provide the Thunder a floor in their lease agreement when I read it.

Goodness gracious just listen to how hard they're bsing themselves, unbelievable:

Mason, Carleisimo, Wilkins Agree: Logo's A Hit

LOL

After stating that he approved of the logo, PJ Carleisimo was subsequently choked to death by a mob of people who can see. Roughly 90% were wearing Lattrell Spreewell jerseys.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

A) The fact that they never saw nor used my logo is about 1% of my general frustration, I am very well aware it was a long shot. 99% of my frustration is coming from the fact that first, they stole the team from Seattle. Then, they drop this lame-ass logo :censored: on us. Thus making themselves look like a half assed organization, whom in point-in-case, are just plain ignorant. Aesthetically, and ignorant to the NBA's 'NBA Cares' theme.

MOD EDIT, "NBA Cares" is just a slogan for their charity work/community outreach programs. It's not some paramount moral code by which the league and its teams live and conduct business. It's irrelevant to the Supersonics' relocation, other than underprivileged Seattle-area youths losing the opportunity to have Luke Ridnour read books to them. Did your head fall off if home crowds booed subpar play in the late 1990s, since it was antithetical to "I Love This Team"? Geez.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This whole procedure was like a blind date that you meet on one of those telephone dating hotlines.

The commercial (Clay Bennett) lures you in with these beautiful, big busted women who look like they should be on the cover of Playboy.

They (Bennett/the organization) follow it up by giving you free access for a trial period, where you talk to a girl who has a voice like heaven, and claims that she's not only on par with those hot babes you saw on the commercial, she's BETTER.

It ends with a large buildup, where you two hit it off perfectly, only to go on the blind date to find out your "dream girl" is 5'2, weighs 450 pounds, has buck teeth, lives at home with her parents, is unemployed and broke; looks and smells like she hasn't ever heard of the concepts of soap, water and deoderant and has the personality of a dry shoe.

That's the gist of what this entire name/logo countdown has been like. For quite some time, I had resigned myself to the fact that the team was going to use the Thunder nickname. I'll give Clay credit, he at least gave other alternatives, which certainly were unlikely to be used however he at least gave the impression he was going to ACT like the fans had a choice. Fact is though, as stated above, I was resigned to the name. It wasn't the most horrendous name, however if they hit a home run with their logo package, the name could sell itself (see Houston Texans).

After a decent wait and having visions of a nude Jessica Beil dancing in my head, Clay Bennett instead unveiled naked pictures of Rosie O'Donnell and dumped a logo on our laps that looked like it was torn right off the generic Clip-Art "design a logo" page.

Perhaps the secondary logo is going to be THE logo and blow this one back to the second page where it should be, but we've already been taken to the cleaners twice by Bennett, three times if you include the "I'll give a good faith effort to keep the Sonics in Seattle" bs. Fool me once..

Texas.gif

You spaz, "NBA Cares" is just a slogan for their charity work/community outreach programs. It's not some paramount moral code by which the league and its teams live and conduct business. It's irrelevant to the Supersonics' relocation, other than underprivileged Seattle-area youths losing the opportunity to have Luke Ridnour read books to them. Did your head fall off if home crowds booed subpar play in the late 1990s, since it was antithetical to "I Love This Team"? Geez.

Woah, take it easy there admiral underpants, I'm already bent out of shape enough for the both of us. I know what NBA Cares is. I was just bad mouthing their organization some more.

But hey if I really hadn't known what NBA Cares was, I'd say you just pretty damn well put everything into perspective, almost article worthy verbage there chief

This whole procedure was like a blind date that you meet on one of those telephone dating hotlines.

The commercial (Clay Bennett) lures you in with these beautiful, big busted women who look like they should be on the cover of Playboy.

They (Bennett/the organization) follow it up by giving you free access for a trial period, where you talk to a girl who has a voice like heaven, and claims that she's not only on par with those hot babes you saw on the commercial, she's BETTER.

It ends with a large buildup, where you two hit it off perfectly, only to go on the blind date to find out your "dream girl" is 5'2, weighs 450 pounds, has buck teeth, lives at home with her parents, is unemployed and broke; looks and smells like she hasn't ever heard of the concepts of soap, water and deoderant and has the personality of a dry shoe.

So finish the story.... how'd the rest of your date work out?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived