OKC NBA to announce nickname, logo, colors September 3

Burmy

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okc-mock-up.png

Tried my best to clean it up.

If that's the real deal, then it is FAIL. Even a generic lightning bolt logo would be better than that.

Then that would make it an EPIC FAILURE since they are the THUNDER.

If you're going with a generic logo, you'd go with a HAMMER or THORR

Is THORR anything like Thor, the Norse God of Thunder? By the way, the hammer has a name. It's Mjolnir.

But how many people in the world know that. The word hammer would come up faster in the mind then Mjolnir.

You're most likely right. If I hadn't been a lifelong comic-book dork, I probably wouldn't have known it, either. I was just dropping a little info on our friend.

Sigs are for sissies.

okc-mock-up.png

Looks like the OKC part has more of a solid navy backing to it, from the O all the way to the C. Also, the K looks off. I'm glad somebody went through the trouble of trying to vectorize this though, and nice job. I thought about doing it, but then I just kept on living my life.

okc-mock-up.png

Looks like the OKC part has more of a solid navy backing to it, from the O all the way to the C. Also, the K looks off. I'm glad somebody went through the trouble of trying to vectorize this though, and nice job. I thought about doing it, but then I just kept on living my life.

You saying I have no life?

=p

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

anyone else as depressed as I am that the two logos closest by comparison are WNBA logos? Ugh....

Just think about how the people from Oklahoma City must feel.

They don't care. A team with a bad nickname and logo is better than no team at all.

okc-mock-up.png

Am I the only one who sees a football when I scroll by it quickly just to get to the bottom of each page?

No, I see a football.

Come on, what is that? You would never no that was a logo for a team called thunder.

okc-mock-up.png

I think this is just a generic okc logo until the real thing comes out. That can't be the actual logo. I believe it 2008 not 1994.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived