Resurrection of the USFL

JH42XCC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet! My San Antonio Gunslingers shirt is no longer ironic!

. . . but my Baltimore Stars hat and Philadelphia Stars jacket may not be as "valuable".

I'd show you pictures, but they haven't made it onto usfl.info yet. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Hooray zombie leagues! Will it be a WHA-style zombie or an ABA-style zombie?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yet another spring football league to add to the junkpile (WFL, USFL, NFL Europa, WLAF, AAFL, XFL). <_<

I think the AAFL still exists. It just hasn't had a game played yet.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Yet another spring football league to add to the junkpile (WFL, USFL, NFL Europa, WLAF, AAFL, XFL). <_<

I think the AAFL still exists. It just hasn't had a game played yet.

True, it does still exist. But I would be surprised if they actually play a game. ^_^

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Two things:

1. Has anybody signed up to be considered a coach yet? That's the sign of a promising league, open casting call for coaches...

2. I've said this many times before, and I'm sure I'll say it many times again: awarding more points for longer field goals is the stupidest football rule I've ever seen...

Two things:

1. Has anybody signed up to be considered a coach yet? That's the sign of a promising league, open casting call for coaches...

2. I've said this many times before, and I'm sure I'll say it many times again: awarding more points for longer field goals is the stupidest football rule I've ever seen...

That's fine compared to a 3pt PAT if over 10 yards out. And 4 pt safeties? Good lord. <_<

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Competition is always good! I wonder what city they will choose for Michigan, for finally, I'm in a position where I can "roam" a bit for the first time in my life. Here's to hoping they choose Grand Rapids.

Kalamazoo is more likely. It's part of the same media market and has a decent sized stadium for this kind of league. I have no idea where they'd play in Grand Rapids.

But why do I have the sick feeling that they're gonna put a team in the silverdome and end up playing in front of two rows of fans?

You're going to notice that I'm strangely silent on this, at least for now. And there's a reason for it.

Mr. Commissioner. ^_^

Clearly not. His name isn't on the board list.

I wouldn't doubt some sort of role, though.

Hopefully not web design. What a mess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived