The NHL over the next 15 years (2025-26)

josh_cat_eyes

When I saw the MLB one for this same topic I was like wow thats a really neat idea so I started working on this. I have the basic NHL history for the next 20 years. I will give a more in depth history of each team as I do them. This could probably take a while, and I will most likely resort to past concepts that I have done. Anyway for now I just want to get the NHL history up.

Here is the new logo that is implemented following the resignation of Gary Bettman:

3078.png

2009-10:

The IIHF and NHLPA begin negotiations on an international players union.

2012-13:

The IIHF, NHL, NHLPA and EHF make an Agreement to start a new organization called WHPA (World Hockey Players Association).

This organization becomes in charge of arbitrating players when they transfer between a EHF league and the NHL.

This esentially eliminates the Player Transfer Agreements, and it ensures that all partys involed in a player transfer recieve proper compinsation.

2013-14:

Wayne Gretzky moves the Coyotes back to Winnipeg after the Coyotes gradualy loose support.

They play in the the new home of the Hudson Bay Company in the newly renovated 19,000 seat HBC Centre (formerly MTS centre)

The team is also renamed the Winnipeg Golden Jets after the great "Golden Jet" Bobby Hull.

2015-16:

After a bizare turn of events, the Milwaukee Brewers owner buys the Admirals & the Predators

and after the Predators a year off to deal with attendance and finances,

they demote the Predators to the AHL and replace them with Admirals.

Gary Betman gives Kansas City and Expansion team but they fold after one season

and their roster is transfered to the Milwaukee Admirals.

2016-17:

Following the end of the season, the New York Islanders buyout

Rick Dipetro after he posted a 3.12 GAA and a .887SV% in 67 games.

The New York Islanders sign G Ray Emery to a 2 year 15 million dollar contract, Nik Antropov

to a 2 year 12 million dollar contract, Sean Avery to a 2 year 10 million dollar contract and

Alexander Radulov to a 2 year 16 million dollar contract.

2017-18:

The New York Islanders declare bankruptcy at the end of the season.

Gary Betman resigns at the end of the season.

2018-19:

Brian Burke named Comissioner

NHL switches back to white jerseys at home and limits teams to 6 home games per season

for using their alternate jersey, which also replaces the practice jerseys.

NHL gets rid of the gradiants and the extra outline on their logo

NHL signs a 10 year deal with ESPN, gets rid of Versus.

2020-21:

The league anounces a 2 team expansion; the Portland(Oregon) Huskies & the Hamilton(Ontario) Bulldogs.

Hamilton begins play in 2022-23 while Portland begins play in 2023-24.

2022-23:

After a new staduim is built in Seattle to attract the NBA back, a group from Seatle buys

the New York Islanders and moves them to Seattle.

The team is renamed the Seatle Rush after the Klondike gold rush at the end of the 1800's

The team also takes a year off due to arena issues and resumes play in 2023-24

2024-25:

The Atlanta Thrashers are put up for sale and the owner of the NBA's Utah Jazz buys the team and moves them to Salt Lake City renaming them the Utah Sting

2025-26:

The Flordia Panthers are sold to the owner of the NBA's Pheonix Suns and they move them to Pheonix and rename them the Roadrunners

2026-27:

After 5 straight years at the bottom of the league the Tampa Bay Lightning declare bankruptcy.

The Owner of the NBA's new Kansas City team buys the Tampa Bay Lightning and moves them to

Kansas City and renames them the name Kansas City Storm.

2028-29:

NHL Commisioner Brian Burke signs a 25 year deals with ESPN, TSN and CBC to broadcast NHL games.

Eastern Confrence:

Northeast Division:

Montreal Canadiens

Boston Bruins

New York Rangers

New Jersey Devils

Atlantic Division:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Philadelphia Flyers

Washington Capitals

Carolina Hurricanes

Ontario Division:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Ottawa Senators

Hamilton Bulldogs

Buffalo Sabres

North Central Division:

Chicago Blackhawks

Milwaukee Admirals

Columbus Blue Jackets

Detriot Red Wings

Western Confrence:

South Central Division:

Kansas City Storm

St. Louis Blues

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars

Pacific:

Utah Sting

Vancouver Canucks

Seattle Rush

Portland Huskies

Northwest Division:

Edmonton Oilers

Calgary Flames

Winnipeg Golden Jets

Minnesota Wild

Southwest Division:

San Jose Sharks

Los Angeles Kings

Anaheim Ducks

Pheonix Roadrunners

Ottawa Senators Home Jersey

Ottawa Senators Road Jersey

Minnesota Wild Home Jersey

Minnesota Wild Road Jersey

Minnesota Wild Alternate/Practice Jersey

San Jose Sharks Home Jersey

San Jose Sharks Road Jersey

San Jose Sharks Alternate/Practice Jersey

Detroit Red Wings Logo

Detroit Red Wings Home Jersey

Detroit Red Wings Road Jersey

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mountain division=dumb, and why are the most west teams not in the northwest division? Brian Burke's gonna be a old commissioner.

There I fixed it up, I had pasted the wrong notepad file into the post. That one was from about a week or so ago.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I would hope Quebec City or Hartford could get a team in the meantime...

I considered giving Quebec a team, but not Hartford. I also considered Huston, Richmond, Virgina and moving the Rochster Americans to the NHL like the Admirals. I also considered moving the Ducks or having them merge with the kings but that messed up the division alingment and the ducks are actually probably more of a stable franchise the the kings anyway.

I really have that long before my Isles either become bankrupt or move? Great news!

Things on the island seem to be going good, but wang uses up all his money, and in the end it costs him. Thats just a hint of the isles future.

Will someone learn how to spell Milwaukee

Sorry, didn't catch that. Fixed it now.

I think this is far from what the league will actually look like in 20 years (34 teams is a lot, the talent pool is already severely spaced out amongst the league), but I can appreciate the work that went into this idea alone. Great work! Can't wait to see some concepts!

Its actually 32 teams. I set up the divisions like the NFL. Its hard to keep track of all the teams though.

When I saw the MLB one for this same topic I was like wow thats a really neat idea so I started working on this. I have the basic NHL history for the next 20 years. I will give a more in depth history of each team as I do them. This could probably take a while, and I will most likely resort to past concepts that I have done. Anyway for now I just want to get the NHL history up.

Here is the new logo that is implemented following the resignation of Gary Bettman:

3078.png

2009-10:

The IIHF and NHLPA begin negotiations on an international players union.

Plausable.

2012-13:

The IIHF, NHL, NHLPA and EHF make an Agreement to start a new organization called WHPA (World Hockey Players Association).

This organization becomes in charge of arbitrating players when they transfer between a EHF league and the NHL.

This esentially eliminates the Player Transfer Agreements, and it ensures that all partys involed in a player transfer recieve proper compinsation.

i actually see this happening soon.

2013-14:

Wayne Gretzky moves the Coyotes back to Winnipeg after the Coyotes gradualy loose support.

They play in the the new home of the Hudson Bay Company in the newly renovated 19,000 seat HBC Centre (formerly MTS centre)

The team is also renamed the Winnipeg Golden Jets after the great "Golden Jet" Bobby Hull.

somewhat plausable. But i'm not sure if winnipeg would be landing the phoenix team.

2015-16:

After a bizare turn of events, the Milwaukee Brewers owner buys the Admirals & the Predators

Totally ASB.

2016-17:

Following the end of the season, the New York Islanders buyout

Rick Dipetro after he posted a 3.12 GAA and a .887SV% in 67 games.

The New York Islanders sign G Ray Emery to a 2 year 15 million dollar contract, Nik Antropov

to a 2 year 12 million dollar contract, Sean Avery to a 2 year 10 million dollar contract and

Alexander Radulov to a 2 year 16 million dollar contract.

completely plausable.

2017-18:

The New York Islanders declare bankruptcy at the end of the season.

Gary Betman resigns at the end of the season.

I fully expect this to happen.

2018-19:

Brian Burke named Comissioner

NHL switches back to white jerseys at home and limits teams to 6 home games per season

for using their alternate jersey, which also replaces the practice jerseys.

NHL gets rid of the gradiants and the extra outline on their logo

NHL signs a 10 year deal with ESPN, gets rid of Versus.

Aside from Burke being named commish, the rest is plausable.

2020-21:

The league anounces a 2 team expansion; the Portland(Oregon) Huskies & the Hamilton(Ontario) Bulldogs.

Hamilton begins play in 2022-23 while Portland begins play in 2023-24.

I doubt there would be any expansion.

2022-23:

After a new staduim is built in Seattle to attract the NBA back, a group from Seatle buys

the New York Islanders and moves them to Seattle.

The team is renamed the Seatle Rush after the Klondike gold rush at the end of the 1800's

The team also takes a year off due to arena issues and resumes play in 2023-24

Plausable except up to the part where the Seattle team would be named the Klondike.

2024-25:

The Atlanta Thrashers are put up for sale and the owner of the NBA's Utah Jazz buys the team and moves them to Salt Lake City renaming them the Utah Sting

They wouldn't move them Utah. Utah doesn't have a strong history in major league league level hockey.

2025-26:

The Flordia Panthers are sold to the owner of the NBA's Pheonix Suns and they move them to Pheonix and rename them the Roadrunners

The nhl failed in phoenix the first time, why would they want to put a team back in phoenix again?

2026-27:

After 5 straight years at the bottom of the league the Tampa Bay Lightning declare bankruptcy.

The Owner of the NBA's new Kansas City team buys the Tampa Bay Lightning and moves them to

Kansas City and renames them the name Kansas City Storm.

Possible. I think the bolts are relocated far sooner than 2027.

2028-29:

NHL Commisioner Brian Burke signs a 25 year deals with ESPN, TSN and CBC to broadcast NHL games.

Eastern Confrence:

Northeast Division:

Montreal Canadiens

Boston Bruins

New York Rangers

New Jersey Devils

Atlantic Division:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Philadelphia Flyers

Washington Capitals

Carolina Hurricanes

Ontario Division:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Ottawa Senators

Hamilton Bulldogs

Buffalo Sabres

North Central Division:

Chicago Blackhawks

Milwaukee Admirals

Columbus Blue Jackets

Detriot Red Wings

Western Confrence:

South Central Division:

Kansas City Storm

St. Louis Blues

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars

Pacific:

Utah Sting

Vancouver Canucks

Seattle Rush

Portland Huskies

Northwest Division:

Edmonton Oilers

Calgary Flames

Winnipeg Golden Jets

Minnesota Wild

Southwest Division:

San Jose Sharks

Los Angeles Kings

Anaheim Ducks

Pheonix Roadrunners

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

2015-16:

:woot:

If only...

But still... I can't wait until that dumb ass pee wee league skull logo is finally put to sleep (or thrown back into Lake Michigan... according to the dumb ass story that came along with the change).

I think this is far from what the league will actually look like in 20 years (34 teams is a lot, the talent pool is already severely spaced out amongst the league), but I can appreciate the work that went into this idea alone. Great work! Can't wait to see some concepts!

Its actually 32 teams. I set up the divisions like the NFL. Its hard to keep track of all the teams though.

Wow, I can count!

Archived