The NHL over the next 15 years (2025-26)

josh_cat_eyes

By 2028-29, hopefully whoever the NHL commish is, that he realises that Canada is the foundation of the NHL and there will be at least 10 Canadian teams by then. Once Gary Bettman is gone the NHL will be fine. If Burke actually took over (or as I would like, the current head of the NHLPA to be the next Commish) there would definatly be more Canadian teams.

As for the idea, its cool. Some of the stories are pretty bad, Im not going to lie. Not liking a few of the team names either and Utah and Milwakee should not have NHL teams.

Other then that, Id like to see the jerseys and logos you come up with.

beLEAF

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an update on the cup situation.

2009:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Montreal

[1] Tampa Bay

Western Finals:

[3] Detriot

[4] San Jose

Cup Finals:

[4] Montreal

[3] San Jose

2010:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Boston

[3] Pittsburgh

Western Finals:

[4] Chicago

[2] Vancouver

Cup Finals:

[2] Boston

[4] Chicago

2011:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Pittsburgh

[3] Washington

Western Finals:

[4] Chicago

[1] Winnipeg

Cup Finals:

? Chicago

? Pittsburgh

2012:

Eastern Finals:

[4]Pittsburgh

[0]Rangers

Western Finals:

[4]Calgary

[0]Los Angeles

Cup Finals:

[?]Calgary

[?]Pittsburgh

I also have an update on the divisions:

Eastern Confrence:

Northeast Division:

Montreal Canadiens

Boston Bruins

New York Rangers

New Jersey Devils

Atlantic Division:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Philadelphia Flyers

Washington Capitals

Carolina Hurricanes

Ontario Division:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Ottawa Senators

Hamilton Bulldogs

Buffalo Sabres

North Central Division:

Chicago Blackhawks

Milwaukee Admirals

Minnesota Wild

Detriot Red Wings

Western Confrence:

South Central Division:

Kansas City Storm

St. Louis Blues

Columbus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

Pacific:

Utah Sting

Vancouver Canucks

Seattle Rush

Portland Huskies

Update on the Divisions.

Northwest Division:

Edmonton Oilers

Calgary Flames

Winnipeg Golden Jets

Colorado Avalanche

Southwest Division:

San Jose Sharks

Los Angeles Kings

Anaheim Ducks

Pheonix Roadrunners

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I like the idea but I must express a heartfelt "boooooooooooo!" on the moving of the Panthers. Why move a team from Phoenix and then move another one back to the same city(I'm looking at you MLS... San Jose?). I was looking forward to seeing a new Panthers design, just not as the Phoenix Roadrunners >.<.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Anyone who thinks an NHL team can survive in Hamilton has never been to Hamilton.

NHL teams will not work in Portland, Kansas City. Winnipeg will never make the playoffs because, sadly, there will never be a team in Winnipeg.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Anyone who thinks an NHL team can survive in Hamilton has never been to Hamilton.

NHL teams will not work in Portland, Kansas City. Winnipeg will never make the playoffs because, sadly, there will never be a team in Winnipeg.

Actually, if Hamilton made Copps bigger, they could easily suit an NHL team. You know why? Everyone that doesnt want to pay $200 for a Leafs ticket and everyone that doesnt want to go through the hassle of crossing the border to see a Sabres game will come see the Hamilton team play. Sure parts of downtown are junky and grubby, but arent all cities like that? Knock down Jackson-Sqaure (wasted space beside the arena) and expand Copps, clean up downtown a bit and an NHL team in Hamilton could work.

Just my opinion though.

beLEAF

Good news for you guys. I got some work done today and tomorrow I will have my first three concepts up. I will also update the more in depth history of the NHL for the next 5 years including where teams finnish per year and how the playoffs unfold. Because its hard to keep track of I am not going to be using anymore player signings unless they are very important like sidney crosby for instance. Anyway, should give you guys something to talk about.

BTW, the teams I am posting tomorrow are Ottawa, San Jose and Minnestota.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

2024-25:

The Atlanta Thrashers are put up for sale and the owner of the NBA's Utah Jazz buys the team and moves them to Salt Lake City renaming them the Utah Sting

Shouldn't that be the Utah Thrashers?

:rolleyes:

Texas Villan

astonvilla.gif

2024-25:

The Atlanta Thrashers are put up for sale and the owner of the NBA's Utah Jazz buys the team and moves them to Salt Lake City renaming them the Utah Sting

Shouldn't that be the Utah Thrashers?

:rolleyes:

Not really, that would be like the LA Lakers. The only reason the Thrashers are called the Thrashers is because the state bird of Georgia is the Brown Thrasher. Personally I think its a good name, but it wouldn't work in Utah. Also I am considering changing the names of Utah, Seattle and I am also considering replaying the Flordia/Pheonix situation. Afterall, this is a concept and you guys are giving me C&C and most of you don't like those three things. One things for sure though, the Panthers are moving.

Any ideas?

Ok, Finally here is some concepts. I have posted some like these before, but thats ok, because I have since edited these. Also other than Ottawa they are custom EDGE templates made by myself.

First off, if people are wondering why only the Sharks concept has an alternate logo, the trend in 2028-29 is for teams to have only a couple logos. A good example of the trend is the Wild. They have their main logo on their home and road jerseys with minor updates to make them fit and then they have a partial logo on their alternate jersey, which is also now the practice jersey for teams that have an alternate jersey. I know now teams tend to wear different color jerseys in practice to show if they are a rookie or other things I can't think of right now. But in 2028, instead of a jersey the players wear a plain color on their socks and the same color on their helmet.

Anyway, enough of that stuff; here is what you've been waiting for:

Home Jersey:

Concept-OttawaSenatorsRoadJersey1.png

Road Jersey:

Concept-OttawaSenatorsHomeJersey1.png

Home Jersey:

Concept-MinnesotaWildHomeJersey.png

Road Jersey:

Concept-MinnesotaWildRoadJersey.png

Alternate/Practice Jersey:

Concept-MinnesotaWildAlternateJerse.png

Sorry, Josh, but none of your concepts do it for me. They are fine concepts and all, but not for this thread. What I mean is, it's NHL 2028. Now, you ripped this idea from jayjackson, who is doing an excellent job coming up with new wordmarks and tweaking logos/templates to bring out a more modern league. You seem to be keeping the league the same. I think the point of the thread is to show how the league might look like down the road, not just put up concept ideas that look exactly like templates from today. It is fun to realign a league, but if you throw out concepts that have the same template, logos, colors (excluding Sharks), as the current era....well....then I find this thread pointless. You might as well call it NHL redesign 2008 and not NHL 2028. I really don't want to come across as mean about it but you are missing the point of the original idea behind the series.

Archived