The NHL over the next 15 years (2025-26)

josh_cat_eyes

Another cup update:

2009:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Montreal

[1] Tampa Bay

Western Finals:

[3] Detriot

[4] San Jose

Cup Finals:

[4] Montreal

[3] San Jose

2010:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Boston

[3] Pittsburgh

Western Finals:

[4] Chicago

[2] Vancouver

Cup Finals:

[2] Boston

[4] Chicago

2011:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Pittsburgh

[3] Washington

Western Finals:

[4] Chicago

[1] Winnipeg

Cup Finals:

[3] Chicago

[4] Pittsburgh

2012:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Pittsburgh

[0] Rangers

Western Finals:

[4] Calgary

[0] Los Angeles

Cup Finals:

[1] Calgary

[4] Pittsburgh

2013:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Toronto

[3] Montreal

Western Finals:

[1] Edmonton

[4] Los Angeles

Cup Finals:

[3] Los Angeles

[4] Toronto

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another cup update:

2013:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Toronto

[3] Montreal

Western Finals:

[1] Edmonton

[4] Los Angeles

Cup Finals:

[3] Los Angeles

[4] Toronto

HA HA HA!!!

Eh, dont worry. The world will end the year before anyways.

What I do like about these predictions, though, is the Pens winning the cup their first year in their new arena and probably the same week I graduate high school.

oBIgzrL.png

Another cup update:

2013:

Eastern Finals:

[4] Toronto

[3] Montreal

Western Finals:

[1] Edmonton

[4] Los Angeles

Cup Finals:

[3] Los Angeles

[4] Toronto

HA HA HA!!!

Eh, dont worry. The world will end the year before anyways.

What I do like about these predictions, though, is the Pens winning the cup their first year in their new arena and probably the same week I graduate high school.

Ironicly its their first year in their new rink. But they win two in a row twenty years after they did the first time. Also just s note, they somehow manage to get Jagr back to the NHL in 2011, the first year of their double championship but he retires at the end of the season.

Also I find it funny that even though the Hawks cup drought is longer than the Leafs but it was was only after I posted that the Leafs win, not Chicago, that someone says something.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Indeed. Though winning at least one in the ol igloo would be best, imo.

This is what happens:

In the fall of 2009, during a very strong thunderstorm, the wind and rain cause damage to part of the roof and it leaks and causes damage to the floor and seating area. The damage ends up being more extensive then first thought and structural issues arise with the roof itself and the opening of the arena is delayed; hence the team does not play in the arena when they win the Stanley cup in 2010-11.

Also, during the first game of that season, which happens to be against the New York Rangers, they retire Jaromír Jágr's #68. Also that year, Ron Francis' #10, Paul Coffey's #77 and Tom Barrasso's #39 are all retired; Francis during a game against Carolina then Coffey and Barrasso during a game against the Edmonton Oilers.

i'm going to agree with elliot.

nothing about these is futuristic at all. some are nice, but they're not futuristic.

I'm with you and elliot, that is why there was so much intrest in this thread beause we wanted to see some out-of-the box designs not the usual stuff that gets posted on here.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

nothing about these is futuristic at all. some are nice, but they're not futuristic.

I'm with you and elliot, that is why there was so much intrest in this thread beause we wanted to see some out-of-the box designs not the usual stuff that gets posted on here.

Hey, I'm not done yet. As far as I can see, other than my designs I am already pretty far out of the box. There is teams in Utah, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle and plus there is a team in Pheonix agian. Just wait till I have more concepts up before you go judging it. I hope to have one or two more up today or tomorrow.

Hey, I'm not done yet. As far as I can see, other than my designs I am already pretty far out of the box. There is teams in Utah, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle and plus there is a team in Pheonix agian. Just wait till I have more concepts up before you go judging it. I hope to have one or two more up today or tomorrow.

I want this series to be a success, haha.

I hope it can be because lots of people are excited about it.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I have another concept done. I am very happy with how this turned out.

The Detriot Red Wings have changed their jersey about as often as the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs combined, and thats not very often, so I decided to go with the same jersey style that that have always had. I tweaked that bottom a bit though aswell as the nameplate. It is no longer arched as the NHL introduces a rule that makes all jerseys have a mandatory straight facing nameplate.

Also As for the logo, well I did some tweaking to that too. I just felt that it needed to be updated. I had seen it updated before and I really liked it, but I felt it was a bit too extreme.See Link Here

Also in case anybody is wondering, One of the things Burke does when he becomes Commishiner is make numbers on the shoulder/front optional. He also makes a rule that if you have one you can't have the other. Alot of teams start to not use them, although some still do. Also for the first 5-7 years of the rules existence, the trend was putting numbers on the front of jerseys but that trend became like teal in the 90's and it faded away.

One more thing to update, the name Utah Sting is no longer going to be used. It will now be the Utah Blizzard, afterall, the States Slogan did used to be "The Greatest Snow on Earth" for about 40 years. I am also planning on changing the Seattle Teams name aswell.

Anyway here is the concept:

Logo:

79_vectorized_free1123.png

Home Jersey:

Concept-DetroitRedWingsHomeJersey.png

Road Jersey:

Concept-DetroitRedWingsRoadJersey.png

I think the point of the thread is to show how the league might look like down the road.
It's true that the Red Wings will likely look like this in 20 years, but the point of the thread is to think outside the box. You changed almost nothing.

So there is two points to the thread now. I think that the point of the thread is to show what the league will look like 20 years from now. I think that this is what it will look like. What do you want me to do...it would be like changing the habs jerseys, you just CAN'T do it!

Oh and redesigning the logo and tweaking a jersey thats been the same for 50 years is almost nothing is it?

So there is two points to the thread now. I think that the point of the thread is to show what the league will look like 20 years from now. I think that this is what it will look like. What do you want me to do...it would be like changing the habs jerseys, you just CAN'T do it!

Yes, you CAN change the Habs jerseys. These are concepts. Don't be limited by what might not happen in real life. These aren't real, so why not be creative?

Oh and redesigning the logo and tweaking a jersey thats been the same for 50 years is almost nothing is it?

Ok, you might have tweaked it, but it way short of a redesign. There is a difference.

Look, I'm just trying to help the direction this thread is going. I want you to put out new stuff, not concepts that we have seen before. No one has ever done an NHL thread like this (I don't think) so you might as well give us concepts that we have never seen. Even if the Habs might not look any different in 20 years, you might as well try to change it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I got myself a macbook, which took up alot of my time and work and the girlfriend took up the rest of my time so I had no time for this. Anyway, I have some good news. Fellow board member CreamSoda is now working with me on making some logos and we should have some more teams up, hopefully by the end of the week.

Teams to come soon:

Columbus Blue Jackets

Utah Blizzard

Portland Huskies

Winnipeg Golden Jets

Seattle HC (I am still undecided what I want to call the team, but I will leave it as a surprise)

32 teams? If anything the NHL needs to contract, not expand.

Cool, in that case the Penguins can be the first team to go.

No. The-scum-of-the-NHL flyers can go first. And their fans.

THANK YOU!!!! You just became like my best friend in 2 seconds :hockeysmiley:

Archived