NFL-League Wide Jersey Patch

capsfan1000

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the time Tagliabue dies, teams will be required to have an artist's depiction of his face at the 50 yard line and a mural of his living, grieving descendants in each endzone.

I thought a 17 week patch was overkill, the I saw how big it was. Then I saw the giant 50 yard line tribute in Cleveland, Atlanta and others and I am just stunned at how idiotic the NFL has become. Hopefully they tone it down for week 2.

That Lions picture is classic -- and honestly worse than the Arena Football League (I think most teams only have 2 patches).

I won't copy and quote all of you but I will let you know that I to am disgusted by what the NFL is doing with this patch BS!! Enough already cuz' dude wasn't that great both as a player and in the office!!

Hall Of Fame Member.

NFLPA President for 25 Years.

You fail, son. Back to class.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Hall Of Fame Member.

NFLPA President for 25 Years.

You fail, son. Back to class.

Upshaw isn't the first person to hold a job for years and moonlight as to knowing how to do it! Yeah he did some good but mostly dude's business handling was a mess you know just like this wonderful president this country has until January!

Does anyone know if the Colts will wear the LUKE patch all season (I think it said Grand Opening so possibly just wearing it for the first week)? I really hope not, it would have looked cool on the field but it was too big for the jerseys. By the way, does anyone have a clear version of it?

Zach.

Any word on when the league is going to release the Tom Brady memorial patch for use by every team in the NFL? Afterall, the NFL's golden boy going down is probably one of the league's darkest moments....Upshaw on one shoulder, Brady on the other. People can look to NFL players shoulders and pick their lotto numbers..Lions fans can pick....8....12....63.....75....8.....(ok, you can't pick the same number twice...suspend belief people)

Better yet...how about making every team replace their helmet logos with big black circles with "12" in the middle? You know...that'll free up some space on the jerseys so Reebok can slap another logo on them.

It's interesting to see the different placement of the patches on the pictures above. Most tried to put the captains patches in their normal place and then fit the GU patch above but the Colts interestingly have the GU patch on the other side where teams not wearing a commemorative patch this season had them. I wonder whether the Colts had always planned on wearing that patch on the right shoulder or not.

mets.png

I turned on the Tampa-New Orleans game and looked at the Bucs and came to the realization that the uniforms have way too much crap on them. The Bucs have numbers, secondary logo, captain's patch, the ridiculous Upshaw patch, and throw on top of that there's the Reebok logo. I look at the Vikings who also have a logo on the back above the number and think this is getting way out of hand. Oh yeah and let's not forget the team name across the front below the NFL equipment logo. I mean the real purpose for that logo is what? Did players from San Diego occasionally come out in San Diego State equipment only to be told by a coach or referee that it was not NFL equipment? Oh and the thought crossed my mind, if Gene Upshaw was head of the players association and probably hated by the owners, why the hell are the owners even acknowledging him by putting that ridiculous logo on THEIR field? If it was up to me, I wouldn't allow the logo on the field or the uniforms at all, and come out and say that Gene Upshaw didn't care about the players, just himself and his ego. What's the NFL going to do? It's not like Upshaw worked for the league, he was the head of the player's association. And as far as the players go, from all reports, it's not like all the players liked Upshaw, so I say let the players decide whether to wear it or not. That would weaken the union completely as you'd find out publicly who was for Upshaw and who wasn't. I'm all about the banishing of sports player unions.

Archived