Canucks Logo

Bmac

It hasn't been mentioned so far, but the original Johnny Canuck logo ....

johnny.jpg

was used by the Vancouver Canucks of the old Western Hockey League/Pacific Coast League from 1944-1970.

The WHL's Canucks folded when the NHL Canucks entered the league.

I'll always associate the Canucks w/ the red/yellow/black skate logo (which, I admit, when I first saw it didn't know what the heck it was), but I really like that Johnny Canuck logo. Outside of that unused "Johnny-head V" logo, did the Canucks ever try incorporating him in any other jersey/logo renditions?

I'm assuming this isn't used either. What happened to it?

mo4s55icd2yfae5f644c.gif

Supposedly that logo will be a shoulder patch on their 3rd jersey.

I keep hoping not... that is the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen! Use either a "V" or "Johnny Canuck" logo; don't make some weird mixture of the two where it looks like the V is eating him, for crying out loud.

I'm assuming this isn't used either. What happened to it?

mo4s55icd2yfae5f644c.gif

Supposedly that logo will be a shoulder patch on their 3rd jersey.

I keep hoping not... that is the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen! Use either a "V" or "Johnny Canuck" logo; don't make some weird mixture of the two where it looks like the V is eating him, for crying out loud.

It's back on their official logo sheet, so I'm guessing that it will show up somewhere...third jersey sounds pretty reasonable...

I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions about some NHL logos for me.

canucks-uniforms.gif

Is this logo used at all by the team? On merchandise, or anything? The one on the left.

Canucks fight song if they use that logo

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It hasn't been mentioned so far, but the original Johnny Canuck logo ....

johnny.jpg

was used by the Vancouver Canucks of the old Western Hockey League/Pacific Coast League from 1944-1970.

The WHL's Canucks folded when the NHL Canucks entered the league.

That's not the original Johnny Canuck logo. That particular logo came out sometime in the 60's. FYI it was scanned from a program so it's not really that representative. The logo found on their 60's uniforms was actually in colour.

The original Johnny Canuck logo looks more like that on Luongo's vintage helmet. or like this:

60s puck

156.jpg

Orland Kurtenbach's 1957-58 jacket

246.jpg

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived