NFL Uniforms

GoDawgs08

I doubt it's for throwbacks-since the NFL forbade them for the Rams.

Forbade them? Why?

IIRC the Rams blew the deadline again.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 1 month later...
Chiefs- I honestly dont like the Chiefs uniforms. Red and Yellow just isnt appealing. I dont know how you could change them though without causing trouble with the locals

The Chiefs just need to change the helmet logo outline from black to yellow.

79826631pm1.png

50697893nk3.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The Panthers uniforms, although a bit dated now, aren't bad.

It never ceases to bewilder me....the Yankees, Canadiens, Blackhawks, Bears, Celtics (I could go on) are always commended for rarely overhauling their uniforms. However, since they're a newer team the Panthers are somehow supposed to fumble around, as if they couldn't possibly have gotten the uniform right the first time. It strikes me as an odd argument, tbh.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Actually, the Panthers aren't all that dated. They just need to replace the tapered stripes on the helmet and pants with full stripes, and they can last forever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Actually, the Panthers aren't all that dated. They just need to replace the tapered stripes on the helmet and pants with full stripes, and they can last forever.

If you ask me...I think they could use some tweaks.

As is, they're one of three teams that use tapered stripes in the NFL. (The Texans and the Patriots, though a bit different, are the others.) That counts for uniqueness, at least. I say keep them, and just trim them down a bit. What they could stand to do is add a set of black pants to the set, with blue taper stripe. Something kinda like this:

CARpanthersblack.jpg

(Now you see why I say "trim them down a bit"...those shoulder stripes just look pathetic.)

I'm kinda on the fence about the silver. I think if anything, the Panthers might want to look at silver numbers for the dark jerseys, should they choose to keep the silver. As for the silver helmet...on one hand, having a black logo on a light colored background helps the logo stand out more, but if the Falcons got away with a black logo with a simple white outline on a black helmet for practically the whole '90s, then I don't see why the Panthers can't go with black helmets.

The other thing they could do is try those silver pants with the white jerseys once more (they've only done this once, and I wanna say it was the last game of the '98 season). Something like this:

CARpanthers-white-silver.jpg

I'd suggest one more thing...but that's a personal "fetish" of mine: some type of team-unique typography. Hell...it's worked out great for the Jaguars (and the Eagles, to some extent)...why not the Panthers???

Of course, this is all just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Tennessee needs to do something...anything...to those God-awful uniforms. I'm from Tennessee originally so I have a warm spot for the Titans, but the uniforms look like they picked the winning design from a third-grade coloring contest.

Tennessee needs to do something...anything...to those God-awful uniforms. I'm from Tennessee originally so I have a warm spot for the Titans, but the uniforms look like they picked the winning design from a third-grade coloring contest.

I couldn't agree more. They look like toddler pajamas.

I doubt it's for throwbacks-since the NFL forbade them for the Rams.

Forbade them? Why?

IIRC the Rams blew the deadline again.

it's not necessarily that they blew the deadline intentionally. when the rams former owner died, the team wanted to pay tribute by wearing the old uniforms. they did not anticipate the owners death, so they did not have the proper timing to notify the league by the deadline. however, the rams were hoping that the league would make an exception to the rule since it was in tribute, and not for sales or marketing.

my two cents:

cardinals should stay with red helmets. i like the white jersey with red pants. the red jersey and red pants combo is pretty slick too! if you want a black helmet, watch the falcons - who have the red/black/white combo already going on.

the panthers would look insane with an all black uniform, including the helmet. by adding sliver and blue trim accordingly to the jersey - without being ridiculous with the design - i think it would look absolutely stunning. I never understood the silver helmet for them? One would think that the "Panthers" would focus more on black...not on silver and blue....

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I think the main cause of the 'clutteredness' of the Panthers' jerseys is the logo on the sleeves. Move the TV numbers down to the sleeves and it alleviates the 'packed-in' overall feel of the shoulder yoke. Plus, I just dig numbers on the sleeves...

Also on the subject of the Panthers' unis, I'd say black helmets and pants are almost a MUST for a team named the Panthers. It's kinda ridiculous for them NOT to, really. I'm all for the logo standing out and whatnot, but their logo IS a black panther, after all..

Teams with recent makeovers that need ANOTHER makeover:

Bengals

Bills

Cardinals

Seahawks

Vikings

Teams that would look good with just a tweak or two:

Forty Niners: Drop the drop shadows. Hell, just drop the black, altogether.. It's too much.

Broncos: Three words: New. Number. Font. Making orange the primary again wouldn't hurt, either.

Steelers: Return to block numbers, por favor.

Chargers: Ditch the panelling that surrounds the bolts on the jerseys and pants. It's unnecessary.

Lions: Again, ditch the black.

Patriots: Replace the 'Flying Elvis' on the sleeves with the TV numbers.

Giants: Ditch those God-awful red jerseys.

Cowboys: At least TRY to match your silvers and blues, please?!

Teams that should've never approved their uniforms from the start:

Ravens: Crappy logo + crappy number font + purple = garbage. Please try again.

Titans: I admit, I dig the shoulder yokes. Everything else needs rethought, however.

Texans: Navy and red?! Gee, THAT's original. Not much you can do with a name like 'Texans', though.

Teams that look pretty good, for the most part:

Colts

Jets

Bears

Packers

Raiders

Chiefs

Jaguars

Browns

Dolphins

Redskins

Eagles