Logo Quickie: Usfl's Michigan Panthers

nitroseed

Nitro:

It seems like you are on the brink of doing two concepts for each team, a gentle massage, and a straight out redesign. Like, for Michigan, you did a new logo, with new colors, then you did one closer to the old, with old colors. Perhaps this is the ay to approach the stallions as well. I like the horse you did, but that orangey-red is pukable.

Maybe recolor your horsehead to your liking, then do the old logo massage, in the old colors.

I love this thread. Very cool, B

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps this is the ay to approach the stallions as well. I like the horse you did, but that orangey-red is pukable.

Maybe recolor your horsehead to your liking, then do the old logo massage, in the old colors.

I love this thread. Very cool, B

I was thinking the same thing I like the old colors on the jerseys back in the day, but it needs a darker red like a crimson red maybe a navy blue in it also. I like the horse head as well.

This has been the best thread there has been on here in a couple of weeks.

rtrich, I agree with the notion that the hair looks very modelesque. That's the main thing I didn't like about it. So, I came up with this version shortly after doing that one (which I like even less). See what you guys think:

stallions2.gif

It seems fairly... "standard" to me. "Fat" might even be a way to describe it. I'm not happy with this at all, so I'll probably wind up changing a good deal about it before it's over with.

maybe extend the head down to the shoulder?

I see what you mean about him looking fat, but if you cover up the mane, he doesnt look fat at all. I don't quote know how to keep him from appearing fat.

Thin the mane maybe?

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Or perhaps ditch the outline background. It kind of gives it an orange-ish tint that might be throwing everyone off.

The Stars and Bandits, the Generals and Gold, the Invaders and Wranglers, the Showboats and Express... man, I can't wait to see what you might do with some of these others, Nitro! :notworthy::woot:

nav-logo.png

Nitro,

Nice job on both!

My only problem is with the Panthers. I loved their color scheme (champegne, plum & lt blue). While I really like the artwork, I don't think the original coloring mathces the "updated" look you were going for (the introduction of black and the change of the plum to burgundy (?)...I look at it and see another team. The second coloring is perfect in keeping the original scheme, but I would prefer to see the panther head as plum (like the original and play around with the secondary coloring. Overall, though, I really like it.

Good work to on the Stallions! I have had them on my "re-do" list forever, now I may not even bother...I like the second version the best. The Birmingham Stallions was a logo I always thought waaaaay underachieved from its possibilty. My first impression (back in '83) was not "wow...good football logo", it was more like "are they a football team, or an equestrian event?" It was a very wimpy, passive logo,and a major disappointment. Your update is perfect!

I would like to see what you would do for the Gunslingers...that logo was laughable at best! :lol:

Well i see the possiblity of Madden Recreations of these if Nitro ends up with the whole league. The USFL lives ON! :woot:

Actually I've been doing custom USFL teams in Madden 2004 on X Box. Granted, I can't get the logos on the uniforms (with the exception of the Invaders since their logo sans the circle is one of the logos available in the create a team feature) but I am trying to get the colors as close to accurate as possible.

Nodon't let this one die this is good bump.

3 bumps over 3 days? It's the way things go... threads die. Sometimes they get revived, but eventually, they all die. Except for the Word Association thread, but that's another subject.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Nodon't let this one die this is good bump.

3 bumps over 3 days? It's the way things go... threads die. Sometimes they get revived, but eventually, they all die. Except for the Word Association thread, but that's another subject.

I'll let it die when I hear from Nitro that he's abandoned the idea of doing more USFL 'modernizations.' His work on these has been exceptional and if he's up to it, I'm sure we'd all like to see more!

nav-logo.png

His computer died, so he isn't working on anythign right now. I'm sure he is smart enough to find this thread when he does get back up and rocking.

ΓΔΒ!

Archived