Interesting choices in HSFB

ManCalledAmp

I know there are a number of threads out there about what your alma mater's uniforms are, or what your favorite HS helmet or uni is, but this is different enough to merit a new thread IMO.

I was flipping through the sports channels Saturday and came across a HSFB game on CSS. I finally found out who the teams were when I looked it up tonight. the Columbia Tigers (Lake City, FL, I believe) were decked out as LSU clones, against a very...interesting...Camden County (GA) Wildcats squad. CCHS was outfit in two-tone-blue Colorado Crush uniforms, even with the Seven-C logo on the hip. However, the dark blue helmet featured a light blue Clemson-and-company pawprint. It stood out to me because I don't recall seeing logos or uniform templates from the Arena leagues being used in high school...ever. My research on CCHS turned up basically one photo of the Wildcats in the (apparently) brand new uni set. In fact, last year (I assume) they rocked a set that looks like a UConn clone...also a less than common template in my experience.

1sports12.7.jpg

The 07 UConn look.

1sports8.27.jpg

The "old school" Crush set...in Titan/Grizzlie-esque colors.

Maybe it's just in my area (Middle TN), but those templates aren't in use that I've seen. The most unique thing that I've seen recently is Wilson Central HS (Lebanon, TN) using Texas State San Marcos for their "Wildcats" logo for about a season before switching to combinations of motion-W and unrelated C's, and th ubiquitous Powercat. Well, that and both of Murfreesboro's newest schools--Blackman (the Blaze) uses a "Blazing B" from seemingly the Calgary Flames' font set, and Siegel uses the Dallas Stars logo recolored in blue, teal, and silver.

Does anyone else know of some creative uses of templates, logos, images, etc., in HS sports that are different from the usual clipart and ho-hum applications? It seems like every other school uses the Broncos' template, and scanning the Georgia HSFB Helmet archive showed me far more "Power T" logos than I thought the state allowed.

So, does anyone have any examples of creative and different from the norm uni and logo uses in HS?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Well my old High School, Denair, keeps the helmet logos simple as shown in my sig. That helmet was only used during the 2006 season. In 2007 our coach switched to the Denver Broncos stripes but going the other way. Photobucket isnt working right now so I'll post later. And by the way Denair uses the Denver Broncos uniform also. Just in purple, white, and gray.

raiders-2.png

My old high school, Westhill High in Stamford, CT, has used the Minnesota Viking head as a primary logo for years (possibly since the school opened in the early 70s), but football uniforms, and the helmet design especially, seem to change on an almost yearly basis.

In the past, they've also used Minnesota's horned helmets and a Washington Huskies-like block W.

wh2.png

wh1.png

2006-present?

wh3.png

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

When i played football in high school, we were the St Mary's Saints Helmet was the Marshall M just with St Mary's written in it and we had almost exact replicas to the U of Saskatchewan Huskies jerseys colors were Green, Black and White

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah, UConn's actually jersey is nothing like that. They were the template originally worn by Maryland toward the end of their Nike contract, which had the wraparound shoulder stripe.

Touche. You guys got me. I was just going off memory, and my memory failed me.

340x.jpg

Actual UConn.

The school name on the front does remind me of UConn, but the off-colored shoulders are not wrap-around stripes. Yeesh. Pretty well off.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived