Maryland will debut new endzone art

aykay

I am digging that. Now, let's hope the Terps do a better job of getting in the endzone than they did against Delaware and Middle Tennessee.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Didn't the Ravens do something like this, but better. I love the Maryland flag but I don't like the Terps version of it.

The Ravens secondary shield logo, which is at midfield at M&T Bank Stadium, incorporates elements of the state flag and state seal. However, they have never used it as part of their endzone art.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Didn't the Ravens do something like this, but better. I love the Maryland flag but I don't like the Terps version of it.

The Ravens secondary shield logo, which is at midfield at M&T Bank Stadium, incorporates elements of the state flag and state seal. However, they have never used it as part of their endzone art.

Are you positive about that? I could have sworn they did that in the early years before M&T bank stadium. I remember they had it one year when they played the Jags.

Are you positive about that? I could have sworn they did that in the early years before M&T bank stadium. I remember they had it one year when they played the Jags.

Pretty sure. The closest I can think of is in 2000, when they had a black end zone with the primary logo and the word "Ravens" in white stacked on "2000" in red. You might remember Shannon Sharpe catching a pass from Tony Banks in one of those endzones in the final 1:00 to beat the Jaguars 39-36.

I'll see if I can find a picture.

Pretty sure. The closest I can think of is in 2000, when they had a black end zone with the primary logo and the word "Ravens" in white stacked on "2000" in red. You might remember Shannon Sharpe catching a pass from Tony Banks in one of those endzones in the final 1:00 to beat the Jaguars 39-36.

I'll see if I can find a picture.

I guess you are right because I have been searching. The image is stuck in my mind but I could be going nuts.

It does look cool. I wonder how many times Cal will be entering that end zone on Saturday :D

Instead of the state flag, you'd think Maryland would just paint big white flags in the endzone and call it a day :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It does look cool. I wonder how many times Cal will be entering that end zone on Saturday :D

Instead of the state flag, you'd think Maryland would just paint big white flags in the endzone and call it a day :D

I sure hope that WSU in your user name doesn't stand for Washington State University if you're going to toss around *cough -- 66-3 -- cough* smack like that.

:P

Archived