Panthers field

pagan696

it was not a "new look" except for the logos on the 25s. Jerry has always revered the shield at the 50, league 1st.

now the endzone script has changed a few times since panthers stadium has been open. the 1st 2-3 years it was the script logotype. then during seiferts stint it was block lettering, and now they have gone back to the current script. the grounds crew has preffered to use less paint on the real grass, so there typically is no solid background color in the endzones anymore. it has been used in the past but the grass is slow to recover from the paint saturation. i think the only times recently it has been done was when a college game was hosted in same weekend (rare, but does happen).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

it was not a "new look" except for the logos on the 25s. Jerry has always revered the shield at the 50, league 1st.

now the endzone script has changed a few times since panthers stadium has been open. the 1st 2-3 years it was the script logotype. then during seiferts stint it was block lettering, and now they have gone back to the current script. the grounds crew has preffered to use less paint on the real grass, so there typically is no solid background color in the endzones anymore. it has been used in the past but the grass is slow to recover from the paint saturation. i think the only times recently it has been done was when a college game was hosted in same weekend (rare, but does happen).

I'm going to disagree with you somewhat...the Panthers started out with block lettering in the EZ at Clemson and continued using it in Charlotte for maybe 2-3 years after that. Then they switched to the wordmark, sometimes including helmets or Panther logo.

I'm going to disagree with you somewhat...the Panthers started out with block lettering in the EZ at Clemson and continued using it in Charlotte for maybe 2-3 years after that. Then they switched to the wordmark, sometimes including helmets or Panther logo.

Dan's right. it was Block then Script... d'oh!

stadium%20inside.jpg

carolina_panthers.jpg

carolina_panthers_stadium.jpg

ericssonfullfield.jpg

last year:

http://www.duke.edu/~jfervin/'06%20Car...ame%20Field.jpg

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I wonder if the Jets and the Giants should try putting their "NY" logo on the 25 yard lines. I wonder how it would look.

Side by side, or pointing to different sides of the stands?

Pointing to different sides of the stands and change it every week like they do with the team names in the inzone

I wonder if the Jets and the Giants should try putting their "NY" logo on the 25 yard lines. I wonder how it would look.

Actually I have a better idea for them... I think they should simply put "NEW YORK" in both endzones... one in Giants' font and one in Jets' font. They're the only stadium that should have the NFL logo at midfield, because they have more than one team. I think the Panthers should put their logo at midfield, or else put an alt logo (IDK if they have one, maybe they should get some sort of Carolina blue alt logo)

espnsig.gif

Actually I have a better idea for them... I think they should simply put "NEW YORK" in both endzones... one in Giants' font and one in Jets' font. They're the only stadium that should have the NFL logo at midfield, because they have more than one team. I think the Panthers should put their logo at midfield, or else put an alt logo (IDK if they have one, maybe they should get some sort of Carolina blue alt logo)

the NJSEA will not allow "New York" to be put in the endzone. Back in the astroturf days, when the Jets changed to their current logo and uniform set, they had their logo zippered in at midfield. The NJSEA made sure the "NY" in the background of the jets logo was removed.

They're serious in Jersey, man.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Then call them the NJ Giants or NJ Jets or have them actually play in NY.... just a suggestion :D

but then again, I always thought it was funny how you could cross "state lines" by crossing the parking lot from Giants Stadium (NYG, NYJ, NY Red Bulls) to Continental Airlines Area or whatever its called now (NJ Nets, and formerly NJ Devils)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

eb6ff50107194670a02db0b314356a3b-getty-81705538sl010_chicago_bears.jpg

That picture is amazing, I never realized how cool the locaton of that park was.

Yep, it was a great decision to put the stadium uptown instead of out in the suburbs somewhere. In addition to the cool backdrop of the Charlotte skyline, you can park for free or cheap in one of the many office parking decks and lots if you don't mind walking a few blocks.

Then call them the NJ Giants or NJ Jets or have them actually play in NY.... just a suggestion :D

This coming from a fan of a team that calls itself "Los Angeles", yet plays further away from it's "host city" than the Giants or Jets do? :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

the NJSEA will not allow "New York" to be put in the endzone. Back in the astroturf days, when the Jets changed to their current logo and uniform set, they had their logo zippered in at midfield. The NJSEA made sure the "NY" in the background of the jets logo was removed.

They're serious in Jersey, man.

Then I'd just put "JETS" in one endzone and "GIANTS" in the other, or just have the throwback-style endzones with those lines, like in Green Bay.

espnsig.gif

I don't mind the lined endzones at Lambeau, but I wish they'd put some graphics on the end walls to remind people they're in Green Bay. With the Packers' history, there could be some great art there.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

eb6ff50107194670a02db0b314356a3b-getty-81705538sl010_chicago_bears.jpg

That picture is amazing, I never realized how cool the locaton of that park was.

Total homer pick, but BOA Stadium is one of the best-looking venues in the NFL. Not only does it have a good view, but I just really love the old-school coliseum-style architechture that few other NFL stadiums have anymore.

did anyone notice the white pants in todays game? that looked good

Sorry to go off topic. But I love that CD in your avatar. 3OH!3 is the :censored:!

yeh i live in boulder their home town, i have seen them 4 times in concert, they r pretty good.

everyone else on here should check them out.

as for the white pants, soryy i guess i thought they wore the silver pants exclucivly, my bad

This coming from a fan of a team that calls itself "Los Angeles", yet plays further away from it's "host city" than the Giants or Jets do? :P

Hey, I didn't name the team lol

I grew up with the California Angels. Then I was cool with Anaheim Angels so that it gave it more of a city identity rather than saying we own a whole state that has 5 baseball teams. I hate the name. It's not even relatively the same metropolitan area. Its a good 45 mile, 30 minute drive between the cities. I also dont buy the stupid recognition, higher revenue argument. If Arte really wanted more recognition than Anaheim (ya know the city of Disneyland... a worldwide icon), I dont know why The OC Angels would have been soo terrible. Or how about you honor the stadium agreement... stay ANAHEIM... whatever... :P

Anyways,

I have family in NY and in New Jersey. I know that its right there. We always fly into Newark and I see the City, then Giants Stadium, then the runway. in that order.

Whereas with LAAofA... not even relative...

I just thought it was funny that NY teams and NJ teams were right next to each other. I dont know why they didnt just call every team NY (well except the Devils.. beacuse without the NJ it makes no sense.) 3 of the 4 teams will be NY (Brooklyn) in the near future anyways.

:D

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

All this NY/NJ talk makes me really wish that the Jets' railyard stadium project proposal hadn't been denied. I don't know...something about the name "Manhattan Jets" just has a nice ring to it.

(Plus they'd be the only one of the NY metro's current pro sports teams to use something other than "New York" as their team locale.)

Ehh well...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived