NFL alternate jerseys

Delux247

I may be outdated by 2 or 3 years, but I was wondering which of these (former?) NFL alternate jerseys are still in use?

- Falcons red/black (whichever is not the primary)

- Ravens black

- Bengals orange

- Browns orange

- Broncos orange

- Lions black

- Texans red

- Jaguars black

- Dolphins orange

- Patriots silver

- Eagles black

Also, do the following teams even have an alternate jersey?

- Saints

- Rams

- Titans

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns orange, Lions black, Dolphins orange, and Patriots silver are gone. The Lions black is temporarily gone since they're using throwbacks this year. Everything else you mentioned is still there (and the Falcons black is the alternate. ;))

The Saints are using throwbacks, the Rams supposedly have one but don't wear it, and the Titans just made their Columbia Blue alternates their primary and the navy blue are now the alternate.

titans alternates are most certainly in existance... they will be worn once this season, and were also worn in the first preseason game.

they are the "classic" titans navy blue jersey.

Browns orange, Lions black, Dolphins orange, and Patriots silver are gone. The Lions black is temporarily gone since they're using throwbacks this year. Everything else you mentioned is still there (and the Falcons black is the alternate. ;))

The Saints are using throwbacks, the Rams supposedly have one but don't wear it, and the Titans just made their Columbia Blue alternates their primary and the navy blue are now the alternate.

And IIRC, the lions black was only shelved for THIS year and I thought that the Dolphins Orange one was still on the official style sheet but I am not too sure about that one...

ColorWerx would be the best one to ask about the Dolphins or any of the alternates

Alternate Jerseys began in 2002. Heres a list of everyone.

Browns- they wore an orange jersey starting in 2002, but have not worn it in a while.

Bengals- orange jersey, though they change so much you really cant call it an alternate.

Steelers- they wore a throwback style jersey last year.

Ravens- black alternate jersey, it has only been worn with black pants

Chargers- they have a powder blue alternate that goes with their recent new set, but they also had the powder blue "throwback style" uniform they wore since 2002. One of the best looks in all of sports.

Raiders- have not worn a throwback.

Broncos- they have worn orange jerseys on a few occasions, but no sign of them recently

Chiefs- have not worn an alternate jersey yet

Titans- just switched to the light blue jersey as the primary, so now navy blue is their "alternate". The light blue was first worn in 2003 against the Raiders. But, like the Bengals, they mix and match so often...no jersey is more of a primary than the other.

Texans- "battle" red alternate jersey

Colts- have not worn any alternate jersey, they did wear a throwback on the road vs. the Lions on thanksgiving, but no extreme alternates.

Jaguars- black jersey, only worn with black pants

Patriots- silver jersey, but looks like white jersey dunked in grease!! awful!!

Jets- no alternate jersey

Bills- alternate, throwback style uniform they wear a few occasions during the year. Started wearing them a few years back. Light blue jerseys with white helmets and white pants.

Dolphins- orange jerseys, but they havnt worn them in a while

Giants- red alternate jersey, looks like a QB practice jersey.

Eagles- black alternate jersey, but they have not worn them in a few years

Cowboys- you might consider the navy blue uniform set an alternate, considering they never wear them on their own will (only when the home team wears white to make them change into them). They have worn a nice throwback style alternate with white helmets, navy jerseys, and white pants for a few years now (on numerous occasions)

Redskins- wore an alternate uniform (maroon helmet, with spear, maroon jersey, gold pants) in 2002 during home games, and then wore it a few times the following few years. They then switched to a gold helmet, white jersey, gold pant throwback last year.

Packers- none

Vikings- wore a throwback style uniform last season at home once vs. the Packers. Grey facemask, the old look

Lions- black alternate

Bears- orange jersey

Rams- none

Seahawks- none

Cardinals- none

49ers- throwback to the Steve Young days

Falcons- black jersey, worn with only black pants. it was originally the primary jersey, and they didnt wear red until the 13th game of the season in 2003.

Panthers- Carolina blue alternate, but they tend to wear white so much at home that the black jersey and blue jersey appear around the same amount.

Saints- wore a gold jersey on the road vs. a Purple clad Vikings team in 2002. Only game ive see with two teams wearing colors. Very strange...ANYONE REMEMBER THAT?

Bucs- none

ill post pics of the ones that havnt been worn n a while

Alternate Jerseys began in 2002. Heres a list of everyone.

Browns- they wore an orange jersey starting in 2002, but have not worn it in a while.

Bengals- orange jersey, though they change so much you really cant call it an alternate.

Steelers- they wore a throwback style jersey last year.AGAIN THIS YEAR

Ravens- black alternate jersey, it has only been worn with black pants

Chargers- they have a powder blue alternate that goes with their recent new set, but they also had the powder blue "throwback style" uniform they wore since 2002. One of the best looks in all of sports.

Raiders- have not worn a throwback.

Broncos- they have worn orange jerseys on a few occasions, but no sign of them recently.BRINGING THEM BACK

Chiefs- have not worn an alternate jersey yet

Titans- just switched to the light blue jersey as the primary, so now navy blue is their "alternate". The light blue was first worn in 2003 against the Raiders. But, like the Bengals, they mix and match so often...no jersey is more of a primary than the other.ONLY ALLOWED TO WEAR ALTS TWICE PER SEASON. LIGHT BLUE IS THE PRIMARY

Texans- "battle" red alternate jersey

Colts- have not worn any alternate jersey, they did wear a throwback on the road vs. the Lions on thanksgiving, but no extreme alternates.

Jaguars- black jersey, only worn with black pants

Patriots- silver jersey, but looks like white jersey dunked in grease!! awful!!

Jets- no alternate jersey. TITANS THROWBACKS TO BE WORN AGAIN THIS YEAR

Bills- alternate, throwback style uniform they wear a few occasions during the year. Started wearing them a few years back. Light blue jerseys with white helmets and white pants.

Dolphins- orange jerseys, but they havnt worn them in a while

Giants- red alternate jersey, looks like a QB practice jersey.

Eagles- black alternate jersey, but they have not worn them in a few years

Cowboys- you might consider the navy blue uniform set an alternate, considering they never wear them on their own will (only when the home team wears white to make them change into them). They have worn a nice throwback style alternate with white helmets, navy jerseys, and white pants for a few years now (on numerous occasions)

Redskins- wore an alternate uniform (maroon helmet, with spear, maroon jersey, gold pants) in 2002 during home games, and then wore it a few times the following few years. They then switched to a gold helmet, white jersey, gold pant throwback last year.

Packers- none

Vikings- wore a throwback style uniform last season at home once vs. the Packers. Grey facemask, the old look

Lions- black alternate. THROWBACKS TWICE THIS YEAR.

Bears- orange jersey

Rams- none. PETITIONED TO THE LEAGUE TO WEAR SUPER BOWL ERA UNIS, BUT TOO LATE.

Seahawks- none

Cardinals- none

49ers- throwback to the Steve Young days

Falcons- black jersey, worn with only black pants. it was originally the primary jersey, and they didnt wear red until the 13th game of the season in 2003.

Panthers- Carolina blue alternate, but they tend to wear white so much at home that the black jersey and blue jersey appear around the same amount.

Saints- wore a gold jersey on the road vs. a Purple clad Vikings team in 2002. Only game ive see with two teams wearing colors. Very strange...ANYONE REMEMBER THAT?

Bucs- none

ill post pics of the ones that havnt been worn n a while

- Patriots silver

I haven't seen those atrocities in quite a while -- and it needs to stay that way!

I will never understand why the Pats chose to have those dingy looking silver jerseys over some stellar red alternates. :wacko:

- Patriots silver

I haven't seen those atrocities in quite a while -- and it needs to stay that way!

I will never understand why the Pats chose to have those dingy looking silver jerseys over some stellar red alternates. :wacko:

I thought there was a red alt on its way? Is that supposed to be for next season. I remember hearing something about it last year.

Also a note on the Bucs. I read their Wikipedia page recently, and it says they actually have the black jersey/pewter pants combo listed as their official alternate, but it hasn't ever been worn. I don't know how true that actually is (given that it's Wikipedia), but if it is in fact true, I'd really like to see them wear it soon.

I know I'll take a lot of heat for this, but I hate throwbacks. I'm a very pro-modern guy and don't even consider throwbacks alternate. I mean, the very name "alternate" should imply alternative color or style of current set, not resurrecting an old jersey.

BTW, are the Bears still using their oranges? I completely forgot about those.

I may be outdated by 2 or 3 years, but I was wondering which of these (former?) NFL alternate jerseys are still in use?

- Falcons red/black (whichever is not the primary)

- Ravens black

- Bears orange

- Bengals orange

- Browns orange

- Broncos orange

- Lions black

- Texans red

- Jaguars black

- Dolphins orange

- Patriots silver

- Eagles black

- Redskins maroon

Also, do the following teams even have an alternate jersey?

- Saints

- Rams

- Titans

So which of these can we officially say are 'done & gone' as opposed to 'temporarily on hiatus' or 'unsure'?

heres some interesting sets we dont see anymore

boo101302.jpg

FPAFPricePeerless.jpg

Those Redskins unis were some of my favorite uniforms of all time. Damn, that was a clean look. The Falcons black jersey-white pants look should be the primary look IMO.

2002Team.jpg

Still my favorite alternates. I miss these. :(

Archived