NFL alternate jerseys

Delux247

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man...y'all making me relive damn near my entire NFL Monochrome Madness thread!!! (See...ain't all y'all now glad I took the time to do all that?)

FWIW...if anyone else feels liek reliving the monochrome madness, the link's in my sig.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I remember "authentic" silver jerseys being sold on their websites and assumed they had been worn at some point. The website store is all I had to go on. This was probably 5-6 years ago as best I remember...

yes, these were for most teams 5-6 yrs ago as "fashion jerseys". the Panthers silver fashion jersey looked more like dirty white, like the Pats.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Does anyone remember the Raiders silver jerseys? It looked a lot like the Pats "dirty white" silver jersey.

Holy misinformation, Batman!

The Raiders have never, and will never, wear silver alternates.

I remember "authentic" silver jerseys being sold on their websites and assumed they had been worn at some point. The website store is all I had to go on. This was probably 5-6 years ago as best I remember. There was no misinformation intended. I never said that I saw it on the field. That is why I asked if anyone remembered them. I just wanted to know if anyone had any information. Thank you for your input, but since they are the "silver and black" I can see the possibility that even if they have never worn silver, the chance that they might. It is feasible. I am sorry for your misunderstanding, but there was no misinformation.

No deliberate misinformation, but that was one huge assumption there.

So just to straighten this all out (BTW, I don't care about stupid throwbacks being alternates. This list is solely concerned with modern alternates):

AM I CORRECT?

- Arizona: no alternate

- Atlanta: still using black alternate; red is primary

- Baltimore: still using black alternate; purple is primary

- Buffalo: no alternate (ThBk)

- Carolina: still using blue alternate; black is primary

- Chicago: still using orange alternate; navy is primary

- Cincinnati: still using orange alternate; black is primary

- Cleveland: no longer using orange (ThBk used)

- Dallas: no alternate (ThBk)

- Denver: still using orange alternate; navy is primary

- Detroit: still using black alternate - temporarily ThBk this year; blue is primary

- Green Bay: no alternate

- Houston: still using red alternate; navy is primary

- Indianapolis: no alternate

- Jacksonville: still using black alternate; teal is primary

- Kansas City: no alternate

- Miami: no longer using orange

- Minnesota: no alternate

- New England: still using silver alternate - temporarily ThBk this year; navy is primary

- New Orleans: no alternate

- New York Giants: still using red alternate; blue is primary

- New York Jets: no alternate (ThBk)

- Oakland: no alternate

- Philadelphia: still using black alternate; green is primary

- Pittsburgh: no alternate (ThBk)

- St. Louis: no alternate (ThBk)

- San Diego: still using powder alternate; navy is primary

- San Francisco: no alternate (ThBk)

- Seattle: no alternate

- Tampa Bay: no alternate

- Tennessee: still using navy alternate; powder is primary

- Washington: no longer using maroon arrowhead alternate

ujsignature.png

So just to straighten this all out (BTW, I don't care about stupid throwbacks being alternates. This list is solely concerned with modern alternates):

What an awful statement.

If a jersey is being used as an alternate in 2008, then how the :censored: is not a "modern alternate"?

"Alternate" can be given 2 definitions and I subscribe to the latter.

(1) any jersey not currently the home or away (usually throwbacks or special occasion)

--- e.g. the Bills' throwbacks or Boston Celtics' St. Patty's green & gold

(2) a color &/or slight design variation to the current (i.e., "modern") set of uniforms

--- e.g. the Panthers' blue (color) or Washington Wizards' gold (color & design)

Like I've always said, I prefer modern design over historical design. I am not interested or impressed by a team wearing jerseys that are many years old, whether it's to 'get back to roots', 'honor tradition', or whatever.

ujsignature.png

"Alternate" can be given 2 definitions and I subscribe to the latter.

(1) any jersey not currently the home or away (usually throwbacks or special occasion)

--- e.g. the Bills' throwbacks or Boston Celtics' St. Patty's green & gold

(2) a color &/or slight design variation to the current (i.e., "modern") set of uniforms

--- e.g. the Panthers' blue (color) or Washington Wizards' gold (color & design)

In your example, the Celtics' green & gold are a "slight design varation" on the standard roads. I'd call that a modern alternate.

I think you're actually looking for a distinction between "throwback" and "alternate". Throwbacks are often a clean break with current designs, sometimes incorporating different color schemes, numbering or design styles.

- Patriots silver

I haven't seen those atrocities in quite a while -- and it needs to stay that way!

I will never understand why the Pats chose to have those dingy looking silver jerseys over some stellar red alternates. :wacko:

I thought there was a red alt on its way? Is that supposed to be for next season. I remember hearing something about it last year.

I've heard nothing about a red Patriots alt, but here's a photoshop job (props to whoever did this) of what should have been...

37760zc.jpg

They're bringing in the Pat Patriot throwbacks as an alt starting next year. unfortunately, no red based off the current set (which I'd LOVE to see).

So they're changing their name to the New England Loyalists?

Its funny because we all know that red was associated with the British army at the time of the revolution which obviously fought against the people the team is named for but at the same time its hard to ignore the red jerseys in Pats history which I think looked very good. What do I know though, my team's colors were based off the owners gas station!

mets.png

Here's an example of two words used interchangeably that really ought to mean something different.

I'd call the Cowboys' jerseys "Retro." Styled similarly to an old uniform, designed to resemble that old uniform with modern touches. Think Brewers' Friday alts, which look like the 1980s uniforms but have modern touches like belts and button-fronts.

Contrast that with "Throwback," which in my lexicon would require more fidelity to the actual history.

Some of those photoshopped jerseys were, or maybe still in some areas, were used as replica third jerseys that were for sale but never used.

Bucs-black.

Packers-yellow.

Chiefs-black.

49ers-gold.

Jets-black.

Vikings-black.

And on the list you forgot to mention Minnesota is using the purple throwback as an alternate.

2ly2w09.jpg

Jake, it looks like you are posting all of Bucco B's monochrome jerseys from his thread a while back. I'm sure he would appreciate it if you gave him credit when posting all of these.

you are very right, i am sorry i did not give bucco b or brandon odis any credit.

i was never at any point trying to take vredit for these, i am sorry if i offended anyone

i just had them lying around on my computer and i thought what the hell then got a little carryd away,

sorry

Archived