UNCC football?

pagan696

So what would they shoot for (at first)? The CAA?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Probably. Although, with Old Dominion and Georgia State already added in the South Division and then you'd add Charlotte, you have to wonder if the CAA can handle the possible 15 team football conference (With 9 teams in the South, mind you) without doing a WAC-style implosion and having the schools from the North form another conference, say America East?

Plus, Charlotte wants to reach I-A by 2016 and wouldn't mind landing in the Sun Belt to help that conference add another team along with Western Kentucky and South Alabama. Plus, Charlotte has history with the Sun Belt as a former member, so I think that they can still get along.

Probably. Although, with Old Dominion and Georgia State already added in the South Division and then you'd add Charlotte, you have to wonder if the CAA can handle the possible 15 team football conference (With 9 teams in the South, mind you) without doing a WAC-style implosion and having the schools from the North form another conference, say America East?

Plus, Charlotte wants to reach I-A by 2016 and wouldn't mind landing in the Sun Belt to help that conference add another team along with Western Kentucky and South Alabama. Plus, Charlotte has history with the Sun Belt as a former member, so I think that they can still get along.

I'm kinda surpsied that Charlotte woudl head for the Sun Belt conference for football, when they are currently a Atlantic 10 member for other sports.

If they want a design for a future stadium, I could draw up a seating chart.

I'm kinda surpsied that Charlotte woudl head for the Sun Belt conference for football, when they are currently a Atlantic 10 member for other sports.

If they want a design for a future stadium, I could draw up a seating chart.

The Atlantic 10 doesn't sponsor football anymore. Hence why they would be searching for other conferences.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder if it would be a possibility to play home games at the Panthers Bank of America Stadium while the university sees if a football team would be worth building an on-campus stadium.

Probably not due to cost considerations, but I'm wondering why other local facilities (large H.S. stadia, for example) wouldn't be a viable option for them at least in the interim.

nav-logo.png

Archived