World Football (Updated)

bigmike

Two points:

-in the rest of the world, Birmingham is a city in England. Move the team to Atlanta or Dallas

-Eastern divisions are a little off. Look at the distance between Seoul and Beijing/Tokyo on a map and then you'll see they shouldn't be split up.

My Suggestions:

Eastern Hemisphere...

Far East Div.

Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul

Pacific Div:

Sydney, South Africa (Johannesburg or CapeTown)

--No need for 2 Aussie teams, its a big world - Pick 2 of these 3: India, New Zealand, or Dubai

Euro West:

London, Dublin, Paris, Madrid

Euro East:

Moscow, Stockholm, Rome, Athens

Western Hemisphere:

NA East:

NY, Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal

NA West:

Vancouver, LA, Chicago, Honolulu

Central:

Mexico City, Havana or a Jamaican team, Dallas, Miami

South Americas:

Rio, Beunos Aires, Puerto Rico, Lima?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two points:

-in the rest of the world, Birmingham is a city in England. Move the team to Atlanta or Dallas

-Eastern divisions are a little off. Look at the distance between Seoul and Beijing/Tokyo on a map and then you'll see they shouldn't be split up.

My Suggestions:

Eastern Hemisphere...

Far East Div.

Pacific Div:

--No need for 2 Aussie teams, its a big world - Pick 2 of these 3: India, New Zealand, or Dubai

Euro West:

Euro East:

Western Hemisphere:

NA East:

NA West:

Central:

South Americas:

First, divisions for the Eastern Hemisphere are pretty difficult to make, but I don't see why South Africa should have a team. They, distance wise, are just too far away from everybody else. I don't know how well India would handle a team but their population would make them feasible. Why take away a team from Germany? If anything replace Stockholm with Berlin.

I was pretty split on putting a team in Philly or D.C., but the more I think about it the more I think a team should be in D.C. I don't see why Honolulu should have a team. They have a small population with a small market. Why put a team in Cuba, a country that I'm pretty sure doesn't allow American visitors or something like that. Jamacia is also too small to support a team. Brazil should also have two teams. Rio has a 13 million metropolis population, and Sao Paulo has a metropolis population of 22 million. Compare that to Los Angeles which has a metropolis population of 17 million.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Two points:

My Suggestions:

Eastern Hemisphere...

Far East Div.

Pacific Div:

Euro West:

Euro East:

Western Hemisphere:

NA East:

NA West:

Central:

South Americas:

Like I said about Bama, just ignore it if you don't like, I put D.C. in place of Boston, now we need Logo and jersey ideas!

Any help?

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Conference of the Americas

Capitol

Halifax

Miami

New York

Washington, DC

Central

Chicago

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

Century

Birmingham

Mexico City

Orlando

San Antonio

Coastal

Las Vegas

Los Angeles (or "SoCal")

San Fran/Oakland/San Jose

Vancouver (or "Cascadia" to bring in $$$ from rest of Pacific Northwest)

European Conference

Euro Century

Athens

Berlin

Moscow

Stockholm

Euro Capitol

Amsterdam

Barcelona

London

Scotland

Euro Central

Copenhagen

Frankfurt

Rome

Vienna

Euro Coastal

Dublin

Paris

Madrid

Milan

Well, we are some of the craziest fans in the country about football and we dont have a pro franchise, and the Birmingham team from the WFL in the 80's won the whole thing I think so Im keeping Bama in there :) but like I said there are 4 spots open in the West all of those could go to USA temas

I know you are wanting a team in Birmingham. I must correct you on your decades. It was 1974 when the WFL started, and it is true the Birmingham Americans beat the Florida Blazers in the first (and only) World Bowl. In 1975, the league folded after 12 games. The then Birmingham Vulcans were given the unofficial championship because they had a league best 9-3 record. The Stallions of the USFL in 1983-85 drew large crowds and made the playoffs.

These were the last real fan supported pro football franchises in Birmingham. The Fire in the WLAF lasted 2 seasons, the Barracudas of the CFL lasted one season as did the Bolts of the XFL.

I intentionally left out the Alabama Vulcans of the AFA in 1979, because they were semi - pro. Though the state of Alabama has proven their undying devotion to the religion of college football, they are, at best, lukewarm toward any pro league venture. The fans expect any league that a team from Birmingham would be involved in to last one or two seasons, at best. To this end, the Birmingham city council has tried over the years to build a dome to try to lure either an existing NFL franchise or an expansion team. All efforts to do either are always shot down, either by vote or lack of support.

I know this is a concept league, but be aware that any league that includes a Team in Birmingham is destined to failure. I have included a pic one of my favorite pieces of sports memorabilia, my autographed 1974 WFL Birmingham Americans George Mira helmet.

WFLMIRA.jpg

Okay I have been one of the biggest Madden junkies since I have bought the game, I have had every one since 02 or 03. Every tim I got one I would always like creating teams (usally just to change colors and logos for a team already) but in 05 or 06, after they had the World Baseball Classic, I would make country teams like ( USA, Japan, Africa, etc.) I've always thought it would be cool of they had a world Football Classic (League,etc.) I know there really has been a WFL before but this would be for now, this is just for fun but I would like to make teams and logos and stuff, and see your ideas! Im kinda wanting to take a break from my NCAA concepts so this wasa good wayto do that I thought.

Any logo ideas, team ideas would help now for team ideas I thought we could either have a USA team and other Countrys or we could just have teams located all across the world and our country, if I can see wheter yall rather see this as a olympic sport or have regions kinda like the World Wiffle ball thing then you all can tell me. After that we can come up with teams, I guess I will go aheand and start it, we will just go with teams from all over locations instead of Countrys.

Western Hemisphere

North America East Div.

D.C. Eagles (Washington D.C.)

NY/NJ Knights (New York/ New Jersey)

Ohio Blaze (Columbus, Ohio)

Montreal Royals (Montreal, Canada)

North America West Div.

Vancouver Whalers (Vancouver, Canada)

Hollywood Stars (Los Angeles, California)

Hawai'i Islanders (Honalulu, Hawai'i)

Mexico City Rebels (Mexico)

North America Central Div.

Alabama Gladiators (Birmingham, Alabama)

Chicago Fury (Chicago, Illinois)

Dallas Wranglers (Dallas, Texas)

San Juan Porters (Puerto Rico)

South America Div.

Amazon Andacondas (Brazil)

Buenos Aries Breeze (Argentina)

Venezuela Vipers (Venezuela)

Lima Kings (Peru)

All spots are filled for Western Hemisphere.

Eastern Hemisphere

Pacific Div.

Tokyo Tsunami

Hong Kong Tigers

Sidney Outback (Feel free for suggestions) (Australia)

Melbourne Outlaws (Australia)

[b]Western Div.

London Monarchs (England)

Berlin Blitz (Germany)

Stockholm Hammers (Sweden)

Dublin Shamrocks (Ireland)

Northern Div.

Beijing Fire

Moscow Dynamite (Russia)

St. Petersburg Aurora (Russia)

Seoul Metropolitans/Mets (South Korea)

Southern Div.

Athens Thunder (Greece)

Madrid Toros (Spain)

Paris Hammer (France)

Rome Centurions (Italy)

All spots are filled, now we will make logos and uni's Feel free to give logo ideas in fact, I want to see your ideas because I don't have Illustrator, I can mess around and come up with some logos but I really need Your help with that. :) Thanks for the ideas so far, keep 'em comin!

Well thats all I can come up with any ideas? would like to get 32 teams in all, like the NFL 16 in each Hemi. :) Hope to see your guys thoughts. If yall think there should be more spots tell me but I just thought we would start with 32 since thats the way NFL does it.

I don't like the idea of the Ohio Blaze. Kind of a stupid name for a state in the midwest. I think Ohio Glory based off the WAFL team would be the best. And Breeze is a :censored: name for a football team ;) Buenos Aires Blaze or Blazers would be better. Stockholm should have a different name if Paris is going to be the Paris Hammer. I still think Norsemen or Night Riders would be better. Amazon Anacondas should be the Sao Paulo Anacondas. No one really lives in the Amazon, except for native tribes. And how about the Sydney Outbackers instead of just Outback.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Okay I have been one of the biggest Madden junkies since I have bought the game, I have had every one since 02 or 03. Every tim I got one I would always like creating teams (usally just to change colors and logos for a team already) but in 05 or 06, after they had the World Baseball Classic, I would make country teams like ( USA, Japan, Africa, etc.) I've always thought it would be cool of they had a world Football Classic (League,etc.) I know there really has been a WFL before but this would be for now, this is just for fun but I would like to make teams and logos and stuff, and see your ideas! Im kinda wanting to take a break from my NCAA concepts so this wasa good wayto do that I thought.

Any logo ideas, team ideas would help now for team ideas I thought we could either have a USA team and other Countrys or we could just have teams located all across the world and our country, if I can see wheter yall rather see this as a olympic sport or have regions kinda like the World Wiffle ball thing then you all can tell me. After that we can come up with teams, I guess I will go aheand and start it, we will just go with teams from all over locations instead of Countrys.

Western Hemisphere

North America East Div.

D.C. Eagles (Washington D.C.)

NY/NJ Knights (New York/ New Jersey)

Ohio Blaze (Columbus, Ohio)

Montreal Royals (Montreal, Canada)

North America West Div.

Vancouver Whalers (Vancouver, Canada)

Hollywood Stars (Los Angeles, California)

Hawai'i Islanders (Honalulu, Hawai'i)

Mexico City Rebels (Mexico)

North America Central Div.

Alabama Gladiators (Birmingham, Alabama)

Chicago Fury (Chicago, Illinois)

Dallas Wranglers (Dallas, Texas)

San Juan Porters (Puerto Rico)

South America Div.

Amazon Andacondas (Brazil)

Buenos Aries Breeze (Argentina)

Venezuela Vipers (Venezuela)

Lima Kings (Peru)

All spots are filled for Western Hemisphere.

Eastern Hemisphere

Pacific Div.

Tokyo Tsunami

Hong Kong Tigers

Sidney Outback (Feel free for suggestions) (Australia)

Melbourne Outlaws (Australia)

[b]Western Div.

London Monarchs (England)

Berlin Blitz (Germany)

Stockholm Hammers (Sweden)

Dublin Shamrocks (Ireland)

Northern Div.

Beijing Fire

Moscow Dynamite (Russia)

St. Petersburg Aurora (Russia)

Seoul Metropolitans/Mets (South Korea)

Southern Div.

Athens Thunder (Greece)

Madrid Toros (Spain)

Paris Hammer (France)

Rome Centurions (Italy)

All spots are filled, now we will make logos and uni's Feel free to give logo ideas in fact, I want to see your ideas because I don't have Illustrator, I can mess around and come up with some logos but I really need Your help with that. :) Thanks for the ideas so far, keep 'em comin!

Well thats all I can come up with any ideas? would like to get 32 teams in all, like the NFL 16 in each Hemi. :) Hope to see your guys thoughts. If yall think there should be more spots tell me but I just thought we would start with 32 since thats the way NFL does it.

I don't like the idea of the Ohio Blaze. Kind of a stupid name for a state in the midwest. I think Ohio Glory based off the WAFL team would be the best. And Breeze is a :censored: name for a football team ;) Buenos Aires Blaze or Blazers would be better. Stockholm should have a different name if Paris is going to be the Paris Hammer. I still think Norsemen or Night Riders would be better. Amazon Anacondas should be the Sao Paulo Anacondas. No one really lives in the Amazon, except for native tribes. And how about the Sydney Outbackers instead of just Outback.

Alright I like all those names and I will change them, I will try to make some logos but like I said if any of yall want to make some and put them on here feel free to do so, you would get credit for them and you all would prolly be better at then me :) cause I don't have illustrator or any logo designer programs.

Thought of one more name for the Hollywood team... So Cal City Stars perhaps?

Ah I like that, but Hollwood Stars really sounds you know Hollywood, i might change it, btw I have come up with D.C. logo I think it looks nice, I will go ahead and post it.

DCEagles.png

/\ Is that one better or this one \/

DCEagles2.png

refresh the page and the top logo will be updated

Thought of one more name for the Hollywood team... So Cal City Stars perhaps?

Ah I like that, but Hollwood Stars really sounds you know Hollywood, i might change it, btw I have come up with D.C. logo I think it looks nice, I will go ahead and post it.

DCEagles.png

/\ Is that one better or this one \/

DCEagles2.png

refresh the page and the top logo will be updated

*Bump*

That D.C. logo is sick, nice job man.

As for the Hollywood thing, Hollywood isn't even really a city, and I personally think Hollywood Stars sounds generic and flat. Perhaps Hollywood City Stars? But it's up to you, this is your idea. I think I have come up with a logo for the Montreal Royals, but I only have it on paper and don't know if I can vectorize it. I might just scan it and maybe you can take a shot at it, because the design is pretty simple.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

That D.C. logo is sick, nice job man.

As for the Hollywood thing, Hollywood isn't even really a city, and I personally think Hollywood Stars sounds generic and flat. Perhaps Hollywood City Stars? But it's up to you, this is your idea. I think I have come up with a logo for the Montreal Royals, but I only have it on paper and don't know if I can vectorize it. I might just scan it and maybe you can take a shot at it, because the design is pretty simple.

Thanks, and I agree, Hollywood does kinda soud like a team in a movie so I will change it to SoCal City Stars, but yeah, I would love to see the logo idea you have and I have vector magic downloaded on my computer so I can run it through there or sketch over it on paint if I need to but yeah I would love to see it :)

This is just something I thought of quickly, made in Photoshop, so it isn't that good...

montrealroyalslogota3.png

Also, there may be a conflict in colors in the first division. You have D.C. which obviously should be R/W/B, and Glory sounds like it should be R/W/B as well. Montreal can't really be any colors besides B/W and maybe red, but I tried to eliminate the red.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

This is just something I thought of quickly, made in Photoshop, so it isn't that good...

Also, there may be a conflict in colors in the first division. You have D.C. which obviously should be R/W/B, and Glory sounds like it should be R/W/B as well. Montreal can't really be any colors besides B/W and maybe red, but I tried to eliminate the red.

Yeah, I just did a google search on the glory and realized man they look a lot like D.C., so we will have to create a new idea for them. but I love that Montreal logo. so we can use it. Thanks again, you think yellow might look good as a secondary lcolor for the Royals? Also I will put jerseys for the whole division, once we get all the logos up for it. :) Thanks again, Any more logo ideas??

Yeah, I just did a google search on the glory and realized man they look a lot like D.C., so we will have to create a new idea for them. but I love that Montreal logo. so we can use it. Thanks again, you think yellow might look good as a secondary lcolor for the Royals? Also I will put jerseys for the whole division, once we get all the logos up for it. :) Thanks again, Any more logo ideas??

I think the royals logo looks good with the M filled in with yellow

MontrealRoyals.png

so that might be the colors, Thanks again to 'The Imperfect' for the logo, all credit here goes to you, now I have decided we need a new name for the Ohio Glory because if we keep it, the colors will be r/w/b and thier logo has a eagle on it so it and D.C. is way to simlar so any one have name ideas for Ohio???

Columbus Colonels (Maroon/Gold/White)?

Okay, I like that, and also I came up with a new NY/NJ Knights logo, I used a pic of an actually horse and turned it into this :), I think this is the best logo I have ever made, I put a star for the eye because that is what the NY/NJ knghts original logo had on its head.

NYNJKnights.png

Alright anybody got logo ideas for the new Columbus Colonels (Ohio)???

Columbus Colonels (Maroon/Gold/White)?

Okay, I like that, and also I came up with a new NY/NJ Knights logo, I used a pic of an actually horse and turned it into this :), I think this is the best logo I have ever made, I put a star for the eye because that is what the NY/NJ knghts original logo had on its head.

NYNJKnights.png

Alright anybody got logo ideas for the new Columbus Colonels (Ohio)???

*Bump*

Bumping it on the same day?

The Knights has good potential, as well as the D.C. logo.

A few things:

The horses shadowing is off.

The D.C. makes the Eagles look to long.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Bumping it on the same day?

The Knights has good potential, as well as the D.C. logo.

A few things:

The horses shadowing is off.

The D.C. makes the Eagles look to long.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived