World Football (Updated)

bigmike

Which are you trying to represent, the whole state of Ohio or just Columbus...

Some ideas for an "Ohio" team:

something to have to do with steel in some ways, as Ohio used to have a bunch of steel mills (but you CANNOT name a team in Ohio the Steelers)

the Cardinals (state bird)

something to have to do with the first flight of the Wright Brothers

something having to do with the start of football there

Some ideas for a "Columbus" team:

something to do with the naming the city after Chris Columbus (not the Clippers, that is already taken)

and I also like the idea of the Colonels, but personally I like a name like the Crusaders better (as I associate Colonels with Colonel Sanders of KFC, and the Kentucky Colonels of the ABA)

Just giving my two cents as a (former) Buckeye.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Don't bump after 2 hours.

-The DC logo has serious issues. The overall idea is good. The facial expression on the Eagle pains me to look at. Also the design on his upper head looks really weird, it just doesn't match the rest of the logo. Eagle for a DC team? That seems a little overdone to me. Other problems: The DC should be in a real font. I guess you just freehanded it but it doesn't look good/clean. Also what is with the varying line stroke in between elements? No separation with head/d. Very thin line between d/c. 2 Thicker (nonmatching) strokes in between the red and blue elements of the d and c.

-The Knights font is nice, but that is where it ends for me. It looks like you just typed in "horse" on google and pasted it into the background.

-The DC logo has serious issues. The overall idea is good. The facial expression on the Eagle pains me to look at. Also the design on his upper head looks really weird, it just doesn't match the rest of the logo. Eagle for a DC team? That seems a little overdone to me. Other problems: The DC should be in a real font. I guess you just freehanded it but it doesn't look good/clean. Also what is with the varying line stroke in between elements? No separation with head/d. Very thin line between d/c. 2 Thicker (nonmatching) strokes in between the red and blue elements of the d and c.

-The Knights font is nice, but that is where it ends for me. It looks like you just typed in "horse" on google and pasted it into the background.

I have the font, and I typed it in there, and the D.C. logo was hard to make I can work on it more but like I said, all I am using is paint and PhotoSuite, which again is not photoshop or Illustrator, If you wanna try and clean it up, I could use some help on it. Oh and Sorry about bumping it in 2 hours, I didn't realize I had done that before :(

something to have to do with steel in some ways, as Ohio used to have a bunch of steel mills (but you CANNOT name a team in Ohio the Steelers)

something to do with the naming the city after Chris Columbus (not the Clippers, that is already taken)

and I also like the idea of the Colonels, but personally I like a name like the Crusaders better (as I associate Colonels with Colonel Sanders of KFC, and the Kentucky Colonels of the ABA)

You know I like crusaiders, so I might go with that but would Columbus Crusaders sound better or Ohio Crusaders

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I have the font, and I typed it in there, and the D.C. logo was hard to make I can work on it more but like I said, all I am using is paint and PhotoSuite, which again is not photoshop or Illustrator, If you wanna try and clean it up, I could use some help on it. Oh and Sorry about bumping it in 2 hours, I didn't realize I had done that before :(

You know I like crusaiders, so I might go with that but would Columbus Crusaders sound better or Ohio Crusaders

OK, I might be able to help you out in the next couple of days.

Alrighty

DCEaglesnew.png

This DC logo any better???

Alright here is a Columbos Crusaider logo idea, very very simple, I drew it on paper and scaned it in and edited from there, so Im expect heavy critisim on it but this was just a idea I wanted to build of off. C&C please, also when we are done with this and edit up the D.C. logo, I will bring out the first WFL jersey set and show this division!

ColumbusCrusaders.png

Like I said I don't think this is great, but I want to build on it from here if so.

i am not a huge fan of the columbus script, but i do like the way the colors look, and i would improve the shield and add a sword

personally, i like something that looks modern

the dc logo is one i really like

Alright, I will see what I can do, what script might look good with it??

I just realized, why should there be two teams such has the Crusaders AND the Knights in the same league, let alone the same division?

Crap, yeah I just realized that too, well then we once agin have to come up with a new name for Columbos/Ohio

Archived