Portland Trail Blazers

Conrad.

I say keep the black, keep the gold as a trim (since the Raps also use silver as something of a trim), and brighten up the red almost to a "warm red", which looks almost orange. So far, there is no black-and-orange team in the NBA, so if even at a glance (though I'm sure your color would be more red than orange), that would help the Blazers stand out a bit more and inject something of a warmer feel.

Just a thought...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new round of colorations based from eRay's thoughts:

ptb-colors2.png

i like the idea of utilizing the maroon somehow, and part of me likes the version with predominantly white (something not seen in the nba)

i'll try a couple more ideas from what you all have been posting, i really appreciate the time you are taking to give me some guidance and direction with this.

ptb-colors2.png

i like the idea of utilizing the maroon somehow, and part of me likes the version with predominantly white (something not seen in the nba)

i'll try a couple more ideas from what you all have been posting, i really appreciate the time you are taking to give me some guidance and direction with this.

The top and bottom left look the best of those options, with the bottom slightly better. Those ones are all much better than the last set you posted, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

ptb-colors2.png

I really like the bottom left, especially cuz it loks like an actual wheel now, as opposed to what they have now, this is a big improvement on what you had orginally.

thanks for the comments everyone...here are different placements of the name, which looks best?

ptb-typeplace.gif

I've decided to keep the black and drop any kind of grey because of the connotations with a car wheel, so I want to have a gold and either a warm red, normal red, or dark red...i used a couple different colors, so do any of these combinations work? maybe some combination of the colors there?

thanks for the comments everyone...here are different placements of the name, which looks best?

ptb-typeplace.gif

I've decided to keep the black and drop any kind of grey because of the connotations with a car wheel, so I want to have a gold and either a warm red, normal red, or dark red...i used a couple different colors, so do any of these combinations work? maybe some combination of the colors there?

I like the darkest red (bottom left) and the lightest gold (top left). How about trying those together.

As for the word placement, I like the bottom right.

Good job on these so far.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

ptb-typeplace.gif

I like the darkest red (bottom left) and the lightest gold (top left). How about trying those together.

As for the word placement, I like the bottom right.

Good job on these so far.

I agree with LEWJ on the colours, but I prefer the top-left word placement.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

ptb-colors2.png

Forget that red & gold... that top left one is the best out of the whole bunch. It's got a cool retro yet modern feel to it. This seems to be the direction the NBA is headed in. Also, maroon and silver are not currently being used in the NBA and I think they should be. I also dig the middle one from that batch.

However, if your mind is set on red & gold, I guess I would go with the middle one out of the red & gold batch. Best shade of gold in my opinion.

thecatch.jpg

I myself prefer the shade of gold in the middle with the warm red of the top right. I also favor the word placement of the top right...but right behind that is the word placement in the middle. For some reason, I think warmer colors work better with certain west coast teams...plus, the warmer red definitely pops off the black much better.

Here's another thing to think about: Trail Blazers. Well a blaze is normally pretty hot, right? There's my logic for the warm-ish red (and thus my reason for suggesting it in the first place).

Great job on these so far!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

ptb-typeplace.gif

I really like the orange and gold or the burgundy and silver. They are very unique and work well together.

Whoa, the logos are due already? I thought you had much longer to do this.

I must say, the colors look great. Also, the one color version of the logo on White looks amazing. It highlights the best parts of the logo and lets it pop. Maybe the team should have just been Black and White. I could live without the PTB but it isn't that bad. It should just be a PB though, since your logos and wordmarks never mention the word Trail.

Uniforms I would say should be done in the same way you did this logo. A modernization/tweak of their current design. You need-need-need the sash. I know it will be tempting to make an alternate that is the new Gold color, but I would stay away from that if you can control yourself. Gold jerseys in basketball rarely stick. I will start this motion; Don't two-tone the court. Give it some color and identity.

I really like how this progressed, the final looks great. The PTB is average, but like eRay said, that logo looks so ****ing badass in black and white. The uniforms could use a nice modernization, like the logos, of some of their past unis, which I think some are great.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

so, i was told the font i was using was a little suspect, so i found this new font:

new_font.gif

after i looked at them side by side, i realized that the font i created was trapping too much negative space, so i understand now why it wasn't working...i feel like this new one flows a little better with the positive and negative space, yet still retains the rounded modern feel i wanted to harmonize with the mark.

also, here's my initial jersey idea:

home_jersey1.png

i just tweaked the current format to feel more 'streamlined' and modern. i also changed the necktype to better reflect the 'tail' of my new logo i created.

thoughts on this? anything feel odd? suggestions? as always, thanks for takin' a look.

The shape of the diagonal stripes on the jersey is great. Since they don't curve down and really aren't "one" with the shorts stripes, I'd reverse the shorts stripes so they start out skinny and get fat at the bottom. More consistent that way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived