Portland Trail Blazers

Conrad.

so, i was told the font i was using was a little suspect, so i found this new font:

new_font.gif

after i looked at them side by side, i realized that the font i created was trapping too much negative space, so i understand now why it wasn't working...i feel like this new one flows a little better with the positive and negative space, yet still retains the rounded modern feel i wanted to harmonize with the mark.

also, here's my initial jersey idea:

home_jersey1.png

i just tweaked the current format to feel more 'streamlined' and modern. i also changed the necktype to better reflect the 'tail' of my new logo i created.

thoughts on this? anything feel odd? suggestions? as always, thanks for takin' a look.

These are cool. They remind me of an update for the Blazers look I started a while back but never finished. What I don't like however are how the stripes on shorts taper in at the bottom. The flare out on the jersey looks sick, so just keep going with it. Make the stripes on the shorts get even fatter. And see what they look like with the gold between the red and the black, instead of at the bottom (ala the pistons). Just some ideas to think about, you're on the right track.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
either of these shorts work better?

2shorts.gif

i tried to make the lines continue, but they were getting skewed too much, and the orange stripe was almost in the middle of the backside.

The second pair with the striping down the side works very nicely. The first pair doesn't seem o match up quite right, it looks like it was accidental instead of intentional.

It will be hard to make them match up exactly, so the best solution might be to make the sash go down the side, like on the second pair of shorts, but have it do that on the bottom of the jersey as well. I really like the look of it, but if you can get the stripes to match up it will be that much better. I think you have a good color balance right now.

thanks for the comments guys...here's another version where i think the jersey and shorts stripes would align:

home_jersey2.gif

the only thing i dont like about this one is the space between the red jersey stripe and the wordmark/number...it seems like too much space and feels awkward to me. i tried making the number bigger, but that looked dumb, so im not sure how to resolve that space. is it fine as is, or do i need to figure something out for it?

The jersey backs look a bit empty to me. I'd suggest placing the "blazing" logo (the one on the front of the shorts) either above the nameplate, or on the back of the waistband (ala the Hornets and a few other teams). Also, arching the nameplate wouldn't be a terrible look either.

I don't like the red alt, and the throwbacks just aren't right either. Too modern for a throwback.

I'd love do see a really funky alt with a lot of that gold mixed in. I'm talkin really funky and out there like the Mavs alt, or even better, the Wizards alt.

Those black aways look great though, I'd buy one.

any last changes for these?

home_jersey2-1.png

away_jersey1.png

alt_jersey1.png

Fantastic. I personally like the lowercase wordmark FAR better than the capitalized one, but either way these are extremely well done. I think you nailed the shorts too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Fantastic job on the entire project. I enjoyed watching the evolution from concept to tweaking to completion. The updated logo, the typeface, the colours, the uniforms - everything screams Trail Blazers without neglecting their history.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived