Chargers Jersey Tonight?

Claystation360

This is kinda related, but only because it is about the game.

The announcers said that only a couple of stadiums have hosted more NFL games, which is believable I suppose. My question is, does anyone know what happens to the flags that hang above Qualcomm Stadium when a team changes logos? Do they just get thrown away, or donated to make something?

And the all white is not a good look.

usd-sig.png

The announcers said that only a couple of stadiums have hosted more NFL games, which is believable I suppose. My question is, does anyone know what happens to the flags that hang above Qualcomm Stadium when a team changes logos? Do they just get thrown away, or donated to make something?

I have wondered about that too. The same with the signs that they hang on street lights and other places around town for Super Bowls, Final Fours, etc....

Do you think we'll see the Jets with White/Green?

Jets are in all-white tonight.

White socks, too. Looks pretty bad. This seems to be a new trend. The Bears did it in week 1.

Yeah, I didnt like the look, but the jeys dont usually break out the green pants till the middle of the season

And the all white is not a good look.

Didn't I see that they were still using the old Cardinals logo?

I get a nosebleed whenever I think about the Chargers uniforms. The Bolt is on a white background on the helmet, it's on a white background on the shoulder, and then it's on a blue background on the pants. Without that blue Pants stripe, these uniforms would be some of the best in the league. It's about consistency people.

PvO6ZWJ.png

In the Chargers case consistency was very overrated. My opinion, of course, but I always thought that the set they retired after 2006 was too blandly consistent compared to their previous uniforms - for about 20 years I missed the white background on the jersey shoulder loop. The current set is consistent - on a white article of clothing (jersey or pants) the background is blue (navy blue on the white jersey and the "standard" white pants, Columbia blue on the alternate pants) and on a blue article of clothing (jersey or pants) the background is white. Only the helmet differs. And I agree about the upside-down bolt; that should have been fixed by now.

Of course I still miss the yellow pants with the white bolts (circa 1979-1983) even if they didn't match anything.

And hey you kids get out of my yard! :P

Archived