Sign in to follow this  
Joshawaggie

Saints Punter wears wrist watch on field

Very interesting. Reminds me of Reggie Roby who wore a watch while playing (for I think) to gauge how much hangtime his punts had.

Edit: After seeing the post above mine, yes, that makes me believe that Roby did wear his watch to gauge how much hangtime his punts had.

I remember watching that and thinking "Seriously, this guy has a freaking watch on during a football game??? Wow."

I'd think that one of the coaches could capture the hangtime stats... seems kind of dumb for a player to have to do it.

It seems to me a very dangerous thing to be dicking w/ a watch while 21 other NFL players are hurtling up and down the field trying to return and cover the punt. Either go make a tackle or get off the field. I suppose the rules prohibit players on the receiving team from hitting the punter while the ball is in the air. But it happens and that punter is asking for trouble if he doesn't follow the action of the play. If I were dude's coach, I'd put a stop to that nonsense.

See, that's what distracted Gramatica on that last kick. :cursing:

JK.

Seriously, there's no way a punter is trying to track hang-time while on the field, he's just wearing it because he can. Like they said Gramatica was upset about missing 2 FG's and bolted the locker room without even taking a shower. And? Like a kicker needs a shower after a game anyway. B)

I'd think that one of the coaches could capture the hangtime stats... seems kind of dumb for a player to have to do it.

Yeah I think it makes about as much sense as players wearing thousands of dollars worth of chains, wedding rings and earrings! WTF? I understand you got money and all but please be a little more sensible than that! It makes no sense other than trying to look 'flashy' when you hit the sideline to take your helmet off! I blame Deion Sanders for that because I can't remember too many players sporting bling on the field before him. I remember his days in Atlanta thinking I'd rob his *** if I was on the field or just rip off a few of them chains! When he was with the 49ers back in '94 he said that he lost a custom made #21 pendant in 49ers colors on the field during the championship game worth about $15k! He told the reporters he wasn't worried about that 'chump change' cause' he was gonna' finally get his ring! Go on pimpin'!!!

Seriously, there's no way a punter is trying to track hang-time while on the field, he's just wearing it because he can. Like they said Gramatica was upset about missing 2 FG's and bolted the locker room without even taking a shower. And? Like a kicker needs a shower after a game anyway.

That's funny because when I played HS ball we used to get on the JV and kickers about washing their uni's considering they never got into the game. When they got mad and refused we'd have girls make a mud pit outside the locker room to push them in before they went through the door. You want to look like us junior? Then here you go!

He's the PUNTER. What else does he have to do all game long, other than look at his watch?

Look at the cheerleaders? Spy on the opposition?

He's the PUNTER. What else does he have to do all game long, other than look at his watch?

Look at the cheerleaders? Spy on the opposition?

Since he's not the Patriots punter, idk about that. ^_^

Very interesting. Reminds me of Reggie Roby who wore a watch while playing (for I think) to gauge how much hangtime his punts had.

Edit: After seeing the post above mine, yes, that makes me believe that Roby did wear his watch to gauge how much hangtime his punts had.

No he didn't. Think about it. Was Roby (or Weatherford) clicking a button on his watch the instant his foot hit the ball? Of course not. He was busy PUNTING.

Seriously, there's no way a punter is trying to track hang-time while on the field, he's just wearing it because he can. Like they said Gramatica was upset about missing 2 FG's and bolted the locker room without even taking a shower. And? Like a kicker needs a shower after a game anyway.

That's funny because when I played HS ball we used to get on the JV and kickers about washing their uni's considering they never got into the game. When they got mad and refused we'd have girls make a mud pit outside the locker room to push them in before they went through the door. You want to look like us junior? Then here you go!

That's just hilarious, bullying smaller kids. You, sir, are a shining example of what all kids should aspire to be. I only wish I had someone like you on my high school team when I was an awkward sophomore trying to learn the ropes.

Reggie Roby used to wear his watch as well. Look at his left arm. And yes it was to track hangtime.

01F.jpg

But he didn't start doing that until after the first few years. Early on he wore nothing:

001091355.jpg

No he didn't. Think about it. Was Roby (or Weatherford) clicking a button on his watch the instant his foot hit the ball? Of course not. He was busy PUNTING.

Well, of course he was busy punting. I just thought that maybe he would glance down at his watch or something. Maybe not though, but I was relying on someone to verify or disprove that statement. I guess you just disproved it (unless someone else has some kind of evidence against you.) :)

Well, of course he was busy punting. I just thought that maybe he would glance down at his watch or something. Maybe not though, but I was relying on someone to verify or disprove that statement. I guess you just disproved it (unless someone else has some kind of evidence against you.) :)

My post explaining what my football team's punter used his watch for was deleted, so I guess no one wants the information. What's wrong with you people?

Some punters wear watches to time the hang time they get on punts. Still it just looks very odd.

Sounds like a blind-side hit waiting to happen. :P

Makes me think of this.

Sav Rocca getting jacked up. (Ex-Aussie football player).

I admire the guy tho, cause he just hopped right up.

Meanwhile, Antwan Barnes is a pansy for doing that.

Some punters wear watches to time the hang time they get on punts. Still it just looks very odd.

Sounds like a blind-side hit waiting to happen. :P

Makes me think of this.

Sav Rocca getting jacked up. (Ex-Aussie football player).

I admire the guy tho, cause he just hopped right up.

Meanwhile, Antwan Barnes is a pansy for doing that.

Aw man. I love that hit. Not because he's the punter, but because he's Sav Rocca :D