Matt Millen Fired!

Atomic

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for you Detroit. Thats as good as a W in the column.

It's almost as good as a Super Bowl victory.

Note to Bill Ford, Jr.: Please give Marty Schottenheimer a call.

Ole Schotts would be a great pick up. Who knows, maybe even Bill Cowher?

If Cowher comes back(which isn't likely) he is going to a marquee franchise(think NY Giants when Tom Coughlin retires) not the likes of the Lions or Browns.

I'm thrilled Millen is gone, but let's face it, this should have happened 5 years ago. Without a doubt, Matt Millen is the worst GM in sports history. He was totally clueless on draft day, inept at choosing coaches and failed in free agency. The guy's presence in Detroit was diminishing one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL. He simply had to go. There was no way to justify him staying.

Millen's record of 31-84 is like Glenn Hall's 502 straight games in net or Cy Young's 511 wins--a record that will never be touched. No team will allow a GM to fail for this long without firing him. William Clay Ford Sr.'s devotion to this clown was beyond pathetic and his sanity should be questioned.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

This is great, now if the Bengals can just get rid of Mike Brown, the world will be a better place

Relatively speaking, yes, you are right--but it'll truly be better once Bill Bidwill displaces himself and Al Davis vanishes from the sport altogether... :D

Let's hope for better uniforms. With Millen gone could we have a return to Blue and Silver? Or perhaps a new color scheme? I smell a new CCSLC contest.

I'm already on it, homeboy...have been for a very long time... ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Let's hope for better uniforms. With Millen gone could we have a return to Blue and Silver? Or perhaps a new color scheme? I smell a new CCSLC contest.

It sounds a bit minor, but how about replacing the black with a darker shade of blue?

As for the jerseys, time for a total overhaul. I've never really cared for them after the black was added. Time to have a completely different uniform style.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Barry Sanders....

Bobby Layne....

and now you can add Bill Ford Jr. to the short list of Detroit football greats.

Billy Sims wants to see you in the parking lot. He looks pissed.

Lem Barney, Charlie Sanders, Jerry Ball and Bubba Baker are all right behind Billy.

Millen's record of 31-84 is like Glenn Hall's 502 straight games in net or Cy Young's 511 wins--a record that will never be touched. No team will allow a GM to fail for this long without firing him. William Clay Ford Sr.'s devotion to this clown was beyond pathetic and his sanity should be questioned.

...unless you're Donald Sterling and the Clippers, and you've had Elgin Baylor as your general manager for 22 years (four playoff appearances and multiple wasted draft picks). Thankfully, Mike Dunleavy is making more of the player personnel decisions over the last few years. No matter how inept Millen was, he could NEVER touch Elgin Baylor's "success".

It sounds a bit minor, but how about replacing the black with a darker shade of blue?

As for the jerseys, time for a total overhaul. I've never really cared for them after the black was added. Time to have a completely different uniform style.

I have a good concept:

barry-in-throwbacks-detroit-free-press-picture.jpg

Add TV numbers and the helmet logo (sans black), and you're set.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I have a good concept:

barry-in-throwbacks-detroit-free-press-picture.jpg

Add TV numbers and the helmet logo (sans black), and you're set.

Why is everyone so damn smitten with the idea of the Lions looking like a low-budget high school team? The only good thing about those uniforms is the solid blue socks.

Archived