Sabres new 'vintage style' logo on center ice...

daschuck77

Why do teams go with an alt logo at center?

When the alt (In this case, a slightly modified version of the original Sabres logo) is a vastly superior logo to the current primary (In this case, Buff A. Slug), it only makes sense to use the more popular and pleasing logo. At this point, i believe the only reason the Sabres still have the buffaslug in any capacity is because of NHL marketing rules and regulations.

We've seen this formula before: Team has bad logo/jersey - Team get nice alternate logo/jersey - Team eventually switches to the superior logo/jersey.

Within 3 season the Sabres will have their modified classics as the primary uniforms.

Who's gonna get fired for this leak?

It was taken from an "open practice" lol

2gv93jc1.jpg

Taking a little trip on the way back machine...

When the HSBC Arena project was in its infancy (back then, it was referred to as the Crossroads Arena, before naming rights came into play), I remember seeing a video showing renderings of the building.

In the video, the logo at center ice was the Sabres' original logo. Of course, they switched to the black & red when they moved in, so that logo (or anything close to it) has never appeared at center ice.

Until now.

Looks good.

And let me just say that, you know, I'm no fan of the slug. But for the love of whatever god you find pleasing to your heart, mind, and wang, just shut the :censored: up already about the damned thing. Every time anything remotely Sabres-y is posted, a select number of you take it upon yourselves and get all butthurt about the slug logo. It's just a :censored:ty logo, it didn't break into your house and :censored: your girlfriend, it's just a bad logo. It'll go away.

Just shut. The. :censored:. Up. Already.

Thank you.

Looks good.

And let me just say that, you know, I'm no fan of the slug. But for the love of whatever god you find pleasing to your heart, mind, and wang, just shut the :censored: up already about the damned thing. Every time anything remotely Sabres-y is posted, a select number of you take it upon yourselves and get all butthurt about the slug logo. It's just a :censored:ty logo, it didn't break into your house and :censored: your girlfriend, it's just a bad logo. It'll go away.

Just shut. The. :censored:. Up. Already.

Thank you.

No deal.

just because the sell Pepsi at the arena, doesn't mean Coke can't buy advertising rights on the ice. This happens with beer all the time. In the Metrodome, there are Miller ads all over, but they sell A-B products.

Local sales resp should get fired for not being able to sell an exclusivity clause...

Archived