Oregon to unveil new uniforms October 11?

ONUV

That's cool. Your opinion is every bit as valid as mine.

My only problem is when somebody tries to diminish somebody's opinion by explaining it away.

I won't do it for you, please don't you do it for anybody else, and we'll have a great conversation.

And FWIW - I think the Oregon uniforms are both ugly and innovative. One needn't preclude the other. :D

Agreed. I will make no more generalizations about a group of people of whom I don't know.

I will say that some of the combinations are not my favorite, i.e yellow jerseys with green pants, but when they wear the white helmets and jerseys, that is sharp. They would be a whole lot better without that stupid, armpit stain they have though. Oh well, at least my Mizzou Tigers look good :P .

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an Oregon student and huge fan. I've also heard the rumors of new jerseys and I'm very curious to see if they are true. I kinda hope they aren't, simply because I love what they have now (I know I'm in the minority here, but I really, really like them).

Phil Knight was quoted in the Indianapolis Star that Oregon does have new jerseys on the way this year.

If that is true, this is what I've heard rumored:

Black helmets. Possible, and freshman Chris Harper did say that he was told they were coming during his recruiting process. Although it has also been said that Oregon will never go there out of respect to Oregon State. IMO, if the only thing standing between us and black helmets is the Beavers, I say :censored: em, they gets no love from me.

Camo. Not Padres-ugly camo, but the more subtle kind like on the basketball team's green jerseys. Could be interesting, certainly appropriate for the "Civil WAR". In addition, the team usually debuts new cheerleader uniforms at the same time as new football uniforms and I do know that the a cheerleaders just got new camo uniforms that they haven't worn yet.

One-pieces. Very possible, because despite the crazy looks, Nike's new Oregon unis have always featured the very latest in performance technology. If they went in this direction I believe it would have to be a decision made from the performance aspect. I still don't understand how the players would get in to them, but whatever, they'd make it work.

"Tribal". What that means I don't know. "Tribal uniforms". Could be like Hawaii's ones with the pattern on the leg (one of my fave college unis), but I don't know. I just read that Oregon will be getting "Tribal unis" in more than one place.

A Combo. It really wouldn't surprise me if they ran out on the field in "tribal, camo, one-piece uniforms, with black helmets." Haha. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

"Tribal". What that means I don't know. "Tribal uniforms". Could be like Hawaii's ones with the pattern on the leg (one of my fave college unis), but I don't know. I just read that Oregon will be getting "Tribal unis" in more than one place.

It's kinda funny you mentioned Hawaii. Before Hawaii's new Under Armour uniforms were going to be unveiled some members of the press who saw them prior to the public referred to them in the media as "like Oregon's (football uniforms)." I guess they were referring to the kapa patterns at the sleeves and shoulders and drawing similarities to Oregon's diamond plating at the shoulders.

Oregon's uniforms may not be for everyone (I like some, but not all of their combos), but you gotta admit they won't ever be mistaken for any other college football team...and even moreso if these rumors are true.

Whatever it is, it's going to get crazy attention and ever crazier reactions...therefore, I can't wait to see what they bust out tomorrow (if anything)!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Tribal could mean that it will be something like the back of the USA basketball uniforms, a large "tribal tattoo" style graphic.

Now that you mention that...I can COMPLETELY see that happening.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nothing at the game last night, and I think I'm glad. I was excited to see what they'd come out in, but I'm actually pretty happy they aren't done with the diamond plate yet. The next date where they could debut something new would probably be at the Civil War against OSU at the end of the season. We'll just have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

If anything is new, I would expect the unveiling to be Nov. 29 in the Civil War. The current look (minus the number tweak) was unveiled during the Oregon State game, so I would expect the same to happen.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived