Hometown Miracle Destroyed

CrookedThumb

For those of you who dont know about it, in December of 1996 an image of the Virgin Mary mysteriously appeared on the wall of an office building in my hometown of Clearwater, Florida. I past it hundreds of times while it was up, and every time I always thought, "Wow, what a miracle!" It was up there for seven years until yesterday. Some vandal shattered three of the panes that the image was on. I don't know why somebody would stoop so low and do this.

baynews9.com

Here's what it used to look like

capt.wxs60103011822.clearwater_virgin_wxs601.jpg

Never heard of it before, but upon looking at the photo, I don't see it. I mean, I sorta see a warped figure of a woman, but I see nothing to make me say "Gee, that's the Virgin Mary"... perhaps its just one of those things, but anytime I've seen things like this on Unsolved Mysteries or whatever, I just don't see it... I see it like clouds... if you look at a cloud, you may see a boat, a dog, Jesus... whatever.

But regardless of what I think, the vanadalization of it is certainly wrong... if people want to believe in this "miracle" and come to see it and all, then that's their buisness and it should go uninterrupted. Afterall, it's not hurting anybody.

I hate to see random people taking it upon themselves to ruin what people choose to believe in. Be it ruining this window, slapping swastikas on Synogogues or whatever... it's just sick.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

This is certainly weird but to think of all the windows in all the world, of course this could happen. Glass does weird things, especially if it has a outer film which these windows did. I looked like the sun with the mixture of nature did it. I don't think it's obviously enough to absolutely say it's a "miracle".

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Because their is a growing anti-christian atompsphere through out the world, some one who has no respect for religion at all likely decided to smash it, because they dont have the respect for reliogon that they should have.

This is happeneing everywhere. This is happeneing in the Northeat as Ctaholic Church statues are destroyed in Jewish cemetaries where headstone sare knocked over its trully sickening taht some poepl have no respect.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You say this has been around since 1996. Starchild and I aren't quite sold on the idea that it's absolutely The Virgin Mary on that window. Windows break and it is a possibility that someone didn't even know that this image when scene on the window.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I can't understand people who vandalise buildings like that. I don't know if a secular person did this. I'm not religious, but I would not go this low. However, I just don't see how people get obsessed over an image, especially the Virgin Mary. I don't really see the Virgin Mary on the window, but a middle finger!

I remember at one time, people were amazed about a bun that had an image of the Virgin Mary.

I saw, I came, I left.

I remember being in high school when this happened.

According to everyone I know who saw it, they said they really could see Jesus. But the image disappeared after a few weeks when they changed the lightbulbs.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I remember at one time, people were amazed about a bun that had an image of the Virgin Mary.

I thought it was Mother Theresa

Oh yeah! Couldn't tell the difference. I guess that bun had more wrinkles!

I saw, I came, I left.

Crap happens. I won't be long before some other mysterious image will appear on something and then people will flock to see it.

Retired Number's To Come

Was anybody profiting from this image?  Just trying to think of a motive other than hate.

If anybody was, then the governement was too, is that ok?

I don't think so... people shouldn't profit from people's spirtual beliefs.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Was anybody profiting from this image?   Just trying to think of a motive other than hate.

If anybody was, then the governement was too, is that ok?

I don't think so... people shouldn't profit from people's spirtual beliefs.

On that note, I loathe those evangiliists (sp?) (like Benny Hinn) who circle the globe claiming they can heal people for a price! :cursing:

I saw, I came, I left.

I remember being in high school when this happened.

According to everyone I know who saw it, they said they really could see Jesus. But the image disappeared after a few weeks when they changed the lightbulbs.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I'm more intrigued that the Tim Horton's where this apparition appeared is next to a restaurant called Lick A Chick. Is that like Hooters to the next level?

Was anybody profiting from this image?  Just trying to think of a motive other than hate.

A Christian group bought the building and turned it into a worship center. They do have a gift shop, but I don't think that money was a primary concern to them. Someone thought that The Passion of the Christ had something to do with it.

Yes probably, but it's always good to explore the options other than the obvious.

True. It could have easily been a person who was quite religious, but deeply disturbed. Maybe someone who was hdining a dark secret, and felt that the image was there looking down on him specifically, tormenting him day after day until he needed to destroy it.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived