New Wegmans Logo

Waffles

Unacceptable and unnecessary. I have a lifelong attachment to the store and the logo, and I'm sad to see it change.

I didn't read the article -- is the logo update tied at all to future national expansion? I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

EDIT: I read the article, and nope, it's just one of those "let's do it" changes. Eh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow. The old one is so recognizable, I'm not sure why they'd want to change it. The new one isn't bad, but it just doesn't seem necessary. They're building one of these right across the street from my work - I was looking forward to seeing the traditional "Wegmans" sign from the window.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've grown up with Wegmans too being from Buffalo. I can't say I'm surprised, it was only a matter of time before the 70's telex machine looking wordmark was phased. I like their vision to make it feel warm and nostalgic, but I just don't get that from the solution. The left half of the logo is so busy and the right half is so plain. The tail of the "g" looks odd and there's a bit too much space between the n and s that makes the s look like it's hanging on for dear life. This could be ALOT better considering that's a typed out font (whose names escapes me) that they just made a few tweaks to.

Having only heard of the place on occasion, I will call it a large upgrade. I think it looks fantastic. I'd much rather shop at the place with the new sign than the old one.

If you ever get the chance to shop at one, you'll understand why people would go out of their way to shop there even if they changed their logo to a big W made entirely out of feces.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Having only heard of the place on occasion, I will call it a large upgrade. I think it looks fantastic. I'd much rather shop at the place with the new sign than the old one.

Same here. I guess taking a look at it objectively rather than looking through a prism of history and tradition changes the perception in this case.

nav-logo.png

I shopped there for 4 years when I went to college in Western NY and I, along with all of my friends, fell in love with it. I am sad to see the old logo go, but only knowing about the place since 5 or so years ago, the history of the old logo doesn't hit me that hard. I actually like the new script. I think it is successful at harkening back to the past and looking more inviting. I think a move like this will pay off when they spread to areas that have never seen or heard of Wegmans before. This new logo is miles ahead of the old one from the marketing and aesthetic standpoints. New customers will love it.

Upgrade by a long shot IMO.

Although its got a bit of a Walgreens vibe, seeing that they are in different industries, not a huge deal.

It shouldn't be an issue. They've been using a big script W on their private label stuff for years. That looks a bit more like the Walgreenton Nationals than the new logo, but I don't think anyone has ever complained.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Upgrade by a long shot IMO.

Although its got a bit of a Walgreens vibe, seeing that they are in different industries, not a huge deal.

It shouldn't be an issue. They've been using a big script W on their private label stuff for years. That looks a bit more like the Walgreenton Nationals than the new logo, but I don't think anyone has ever complained.

Yeah they don't look much alike...I just get that vibe. Its more of a "cursive word starting in W" vibe...

If you ever get the chance to shop at one, you'll understand why people would go out of their way to shop there even if they changed their logo to a big W made entirely out of feces.

the prices

they used to be dumpy, now they are much nicer. i think the logo suits the chain cleanup well.

Archived