MLB Changes for 2009

dbackdiehard17

I've seen all of the changes except for one, and I can confirm that twenty-one (yes, 21) teams will be modifying their uniforms for 2009 in one way or another.

Eleven (11) teams will introduce completely new uniforms. Four (4) teams will be eliminating a uniform.

I can disclose at this moment the following unveiling dates. Please note that 9 teams do not have posted unveiling dates.

November 5 - Nationals

November 10 - Orioles

November 24 - Twins

December 1 - Rays

December 12 - Red Sox

December 31 - Yankees

January 1 - Angels

January 1 - Giants

January 1 - Mets

January 1 - Padres

January 23 - Pirates

January 23 - Rangers

That's 12 teams. If one or more of these teams aren't introducing a uniform or are eliminating one, what would they unveil? Ripping off a patch? Throwing an old uniform in the trash?

Well doesn't the addition or subtraction of a patch count as a uniform modification? For example, the Yankees certainly aren't changing anything, their change is just the removal of the final season and ASG patches (and possible addition of inaugural season patch.) Same applies to several of the others on your list. People are going to get excited for little reason.

That's why I added the following: Eleven (11) teams will introduce completely new uniforms. Four (4) teams will be eliminating a uniform.

Well that's what I get for only reading the first part.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've heard slight rumblings that the Rays may get an alternate jersey next season, now word on color though.

Weren't they supposedly adding "Tampa Bay" to the away jerseys in place of "Rays"?

I've also heard that, but I don't mind Rays on the roadie. Either way, it'll still look good.

They mentioned they might have a "Tampa Bay" jersey when the released the current set:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/18/Rays/Mad...Young_snu.shtml

And it's too bad the Mets are apparently keeping the black jerseys--we Mets fans could've used some good news today.

I'm curious as to what the Red Sox are unveiling...if those unveilings are all game jerseys (and not BP), then I assume we'll be seeing a change in the road uniform. Perhaps a change in font (going back to '80s font??) or perhaps a navy road alt??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm curious as to what the Red Sox are unveiling...if those unveilings are all game jerseys (and not BP), then I assume we'll be seeing a change in the road uniform. Perhaps a change in font (going back to '80s font??) or perhaps a navy road alt??

I can see the Sox ditching the red alt and going with a navy alt.

If I had to gess, I think the Red Sox are going to ditch the red alt and just go with the home and road.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If I had to gess, I think the Red Sox are going to ditch the red alt and just go with the home and road.

No way they'll do that.

The red alts are VERY popular in Boston. Each time I've gone to Fenway, all I've seen is a sea of red and white all over the stadium. Not to mention the fact that their jackets are all red. I think the navy jerseys look out of place. I bet over time they'll ditch the navy jerseys and stick with the red jerseys as their main alts.

No way they'll do that.

The red alts are VERY popular in Boston. Each time I've gone to Fenway, all I've seen is a sea of red and white all over the stadium. Not to mention the fact that their jackets are all red. I think the navy jerseys look out of place. I bet over time they'll ditch the navy jerseys and stick with the red jerseys as their main alts.

The Red Sox have navy jerseys? Did I miss something or are you talking about the road BP jersey?

mets.png

Archived