MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Who's up for the Century of Futility?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet you Cubs fans wish you were playing the Mets :D:PB)

I bet you Mets fans wish you were playing...............anyone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Scored a ticket about 3pm to game two of the NLDS. Made it to my section just as Myers was working the walk in his first AB versus CC. The derisive "cee-cee" chanting was hilarious.

High-fives and towel-waving were at their apex on the Victorino grand slam.

Not bad for my first post-season event in person since a Vanderbilt NIT home game against Saint Bonaventure in 1998. Let's just say Citizens Bank Park was slightly more energetic.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I'm thinking 500 years before this pathetic franchise wins a World Series. These players are playing tight. They are playing not like a team who wants to win, but a team who wants to not lose. Was it not the most hilarious thing to watch the Cubs fans sit there stunned as Zambrano blew up and gave up 5 runs? Did they not see this coming? Zambrano is a head case that will never win.

The Marlins have two and the D-Backs have one. The Rays are looking pretty good right now. What a kick in the nuts if three of the four last expansion teams get a WS before the Cubs.

And let's not forget the other expansion team in that set has also been to a World Series.

The Marlins have two and the D-Backs have one. The Rays are looking pretty good right now. What a kick in the nuts if three of the four last expansion teams get a WS before the Cubs.

Getting a WS before the Cubs? The Chicagoans won twice in 1907 and 1908 so they got some WS.

But I got your point.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Oh man, the Cubbies are really, really cursed.

I'm not sure cursed is the word. More like, "need to play every postseason game outside of the Friendly Oh my God the sky is Falling! Curses! Goats! Bartman! Doom! Confines."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Getting a WS before the Cubs? The Chicagoans won twice in 1907 and 1908 so they got some WS.

But I got your point.

You sure about that?

Here goes a Cubs joke...

What will do a Cubs fan after winning the World Series?

He'll get up out of his seat, turn off his Playstation 2 and go out to get some drinks. :D

----------------------

Last news!!!

Game 3: at LAD

Sat, Oct 4 - 10:05 pm EDT

TV: TBS

Chicago Cubs

R. Harden

vs.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Pitching Machine

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle