MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

TFoA's quick thoughts on the day:

CWS @ TB - Evan Longoria is going to become a superstar this October. I can feel it, and his game today helped.

MIL @ PHI - CC is done, which consequently means that Milwaukee is done. It's been real, Brew Crew. Time to get ready for 09.

LAD @ CHC - The Cubs are really cursed. That's the only explanation I have for a team looking that good during the regular season and then looking like complete ass in the postseason, on their home turf at that. I mean, the Dodgers have been great since the Manny acquisition, but this is unbelievable. If the Dodgers get through this, they're the favorites to win it all, IMO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TFoA's quick thoughts on the day:

LAD @ CHC - The Cubs are really cursed. That's the only explanation I have for a team looking that good during the regular season and then looking like complete ass in the postseason, on their home turf at that. I mean, the Dodgers have been great since the Manny acquisition, but this is unbelievable. If the Dodgers get through this, they're the favorites to win it all, IMO.

I really like the idea of Torre winning the World Series. They are my #2 behind Tampa Bay.

If it's not the Red Sox, I want the Dodgers to win it all.

First for Manny, then for Torre. I think they have to be the favorites to win the NL, at this point, but I don't think they'd beat the Angels, Red Sox, or Rays.

IUe6Hvh.png

I agree, "Cursed" is not the word. It's not like a balls are hitting somthing on the infield and are then taking a ricochet to the side. They are just flat-out playing bad and making errors. Each infielder (I think) made an error last night. So, they are falling apart. Z only gave up 3 earned runs. There comes a time where the team needs to pick up the pitcher.

I am pulling for the Phillies (or Brewers) in the NL. Not LA. I do NOT want Manny to act like a punk and then get rewarded for being traded. Manny andTorre have enough Championships. LA is a SOLID ball club though. I can't help but pull for Philly.

I do not want TB to win in the American League. It's a nice story... but I just can't watch the D-Backs, Marlins and the freakin' Rays win a World Seried before the Indians. Bitter..... ? Sure I am!!

Here goes a Cubs joke...

What will do a Cubs fan after winning the World Series?

He'll get up out of his seat, turn off his Playstation 2 and go out to get some drinks. :D

This suit is NOT black!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sort of late and nearly off-topic, but does anyone have the "Tiebreaker" logo from this year ? thanx

Off-topic: I had to adblock your sig. Not because it was causing my computer malicious problems, just because I can't stand to look at that score. Just making you aware of it.

Am I the only one who doesn't think that HBP was intentional? First, it was the second pitch of the game. Kazmir has struggled to find the strike zone all inning and hasn't come inside since. Not only that it makes no since to hit him in that situation to lead off the game. You have all series and even next regular season to get back at him for what happened yesterday. Leading off game 2 of the playoffs isn't a good situation to do it.

This just in...Boston is still the team to beat.

I'm tempted to say Tampa Bay is, to be honest with you. Then again, the Sox are playing the 'best team in baseball' while the Rays are playing, in my opinion, the worst team in these playoffs.

The Angels 3-4-5 is obviously very, very scary. Outside of them, though, not so much.

Torrie Hunter hurt himself pretty badly protesting a call.

Shades of Milton Bradley.

IUe6Hvh.png

Anybody who posts Division Series picks this late is obligated IMO to pick the team currently trailing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived