MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This just in...Boston is still the team to beat.

I'm tempted to say Tampa Bay is, to be honest with you. Then again, the Sox are playing the 'best team in baseball' while the Rays are playing, in my opinion, the worst team in these playoffs.

The Angels 3-4-5 is obviously very, very scary. Outside of them, though, not so much.

Torrie Hunter hurt himself pretty badly protesting a call.

Shades of Milton Bradley.

Rayes-Red Sox will be quite an ALCS if it happens. As I said in an earlier post, The Red Sox are a really good team that just gets better in the playoffs. But the Rays seem to have cranked it up a notch as well. In any case, if it's Tampa and Boston I think the winner will be the World Series winner. For my money they are the two best teams in baseball right now and I have to give the nod to The Red Sox just because they are so clutch in the postseason. It's 5-2 right now and I'm willing to bet that's as close as this game gets.

And WTF was Hunter thinking?

BB52Big.jpg

I've sat here and wondered why the Angels haven't been successful since 2002. I found the answer. Chone Figgins. I've always argued that he's the most overrated player since well, David Eckstein. Well at least Eck, produces in the clutch, Figgins doesn't belong on a Major League ball field after the last day of September. As of the the bottom of the 5th in game two of the ALDS his stats are as follows:

Games 24

AB 74

R 8

H 12

2B 4

3B 1

HR 0

RBI 4

SB 3

BB 2

K 20

AVG .162

If the Angels are knocked out this year, the first thing they need to do is to trade this overrated player to some sucker for a team (Yankees). Take a bag of balls, because Figgins has none when it comes to clutch playoff baseball.

I've sat here and wondered why the Angels haven't been successful since 2002. I found the answer. Chone Figgins. I've always argued that he's the most overrated player since well, David Eckstein. Well at least Eck, produces in the clutch, Figgins doesn't belong on a Major League ball field after the last day of September. As of the the bottom of the 5th in game two of the ALDS his stats are as follows:

Games 24

AB 74

R 8

H 12

2B 4

3B 1

HR 0

RBI 4

SB 3

BB 2

K 20

AVG .162

If the Angels are knocked out this year, the first thing they need to do is to trade this overrated player to some sucker for a team (Yankees). Take a bag of balls, because Figgins has none when it comes to clutch playoff baseball.

Check out Vlad's postseason numbers. He disappears come October too.

Man, vintage Dice-K these last two innings. Gets himself in trouble, but manages to limit the damage.

IUe6Hvh.png

That was an awful at-bat by Kendrek in the 7th. You can the bases loaded and 1 out and you swing at 3 straight pitches not in strike zone. You got to have patience in that situation and make the pitcher work for it.

The next guy walked, and then another strikeout. 5-4 now through 7.

That was an awful at-bat by Kendrek in the 7th. You can the bases loaded and 1 out and you swing at 3 straight pitches not in strike zone. You got to have patience in that situation and make the pitcher work for it.

Yeah, Angels have blown a lot of chances. Though, the Sox got hosed on the Rivera walk. That 3-2 pitch has been a strike all game.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, Angels have blown a lot of chances. Though, the Sox got hosed on the Rivera walk. That 3-2 pitch has been a strike all game.

No they didn't. It was inside. Although there have been some high ones that have been called strikes that I have questioned.

BTW, do you bring Papelbon in for 2 if your the Red Sox?

Manny Delcarmen for the 8th, Papelbon for the 9th.

I don't have any numbers but I would think Papelbon's less effective in 6 out saves.

edit: You've got to be :censored:-ing kidding me.

Now you bring in Papelbon.

IUe6Hvh.png

O.K. let me change that Phillies in 4 Dodgers in 3

Red Sox in 3 Rays in 4

Phillies in 5 Rays in 7

not sure about the rest.

That's the last you'll hear from me until the beginning of the world series.

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

Papelbon did great, though. Nothing he could really do, there. Got out of the inning without throwing a lot of pitches, at least.

I don't mind the 3-4-5, etc. up against K-Rod, though.

edit: See why? Ortiz got a hold of that one... Please get him over, then home...

edit again: Wrong side of the infield, Youk!!!

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't know about that safe call on the pickoff

Papelbon did great, though. Nothing he could really do, there. Got out of the inning without throwing a lot of pitches, at least.

edit: See why? Ortiz got a hold of that one... Please get him over, then home...

I'm not saying that Papelbon did anything wrong. As I said before there was nothing he could do he was brought into a no win situation.

I don't know about that safe call on the pickoff

I'm not saying that Papelbon did anything wrong. As I said before there was nothing he could do he was brought into a no win situation.

Oh I know you're not. I was just saying he did do great. I know exactly what you were saying.

HOME RUN JD DREW!!! That place got real quiet, real quick.

IUe6Hvh.png

Can the TBS announcers be quiet. They just said you have to "point the finger at the Angels offense in this game".

No you point the finger at K-Rod. Sure the Angels blew some opportunities but they came back and tied the game, their closer should be able to hold the tie to give them a chance in the 9th, not give up a long double off the wall by Ortiz and give up a longer home run by Drew.

Ballgame. 2-0 Red Sox...

J.D. Drew's blast was no Manny walkoff (last years ALDS Game 2), but I'll certainly take it. Few things I like more than facing K-Rod in October. I was ecstatic when I thought that ball was going off of the wall -- glad it got over. Youk put on a defensive clinic in the 9th.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm actually happy that Frankie blew another one. Moreno announced that he wasn't planning on increasing payroll very much next year. Hopefully this will convince him to let Frankie walk, bump payroll up a bit, and lock up Teixeira. Arredondo is a closer in the making, so that'll fill in that gap. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Aybar dealt someplace, have Figgy shift to short, and start Wood at the 5 next year. Wood started showing promise late in the year when he finally got regular at-bats, and 3B needs to be a power position.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived