MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ruiz is actually 29.

My mistake. I thought he was older. I haven't been able to see Coste play in person (outside of his career in Fargo-Moorhead), but from my quick glance at the limited defensive statistics (which I realize aren't necessarily the best) available, Coste and Ruiz are on par defensively. I stand by my opinion that Coste should start over Ruiz, but I can understand why he doesn't.

Ruiz has a better arm and can pick runners off 1st and 3rd like Pudge Rodriguez and Benito Santiago used to do. Coste's numbers for throwing out runners probably look better than usual because he usually catches Moyer, who keeps everyone close to 1st...

As a fan, I'd love to see a Minnesota-Cubs series.

As one who'd love to stick it to MLB, though, I want Tampa-Milwaukee. Small markets FTW.

I couldn't agree more.

Is it really sticking it to MLB if Selig's team gets in?

Maybe not but it still screws FOX and ESPN and that's good enough for me.

Weren't the Twins slated for contraction? I'd think that the Twins over Brewers sticks it hard to Selig, and the networks too.

Yes, but that was at the request of the Twins' owner. No evidence Selig cares much about them either way.

ALDS:

Angels def. Red Sox 3-1

Rays def. AL Central Champion 3-2 (no matter who it is, it will take the series to 5 games)

NLDS:

Cubs def. Dodgers 3-2

Brewers def. Phillies 3-2

ALCS: Angels def. Rays 4-2

NLCS: Brewers def. Cubs 4-3

World Series: Angels def. Brewers 4-1 (1982 Revenge match)

ALDS:

Angels over Red Sox in 4

Rays over White Sox in 4

NLDS:

Dodgers over Cubs in 4

Phillies over Brewers in 4

ALCS:

Angels over Rays in 6

Phillies over Dodgers in 7

World Series:

Angels over Phillies in 6

ALDS

Boston Red Sox def. Los Angeles Angels [3-1]

When it comes to the playoffs, the Angels are the Sox proverbial bitch.

Tampa Bay Rays def. AL Central Champion [3-0]

The Rays are good enough to get past whoever comes out of the Central

NLDS

Milwaukee Brewers def. Philadelphia Phillies [3-0]

This is more of a pick against Philly, than for Milwaukee. The Phillies just have "choke" written all over them.

Los Angeles Dodgers def. Chicago Cubs [3-2]

Cubs are the best team in the NL, but they are catching the Dodgers at the wrong time. 100 + 1 Cubbie fans.

ALCS

Boston Red Sox def. Tampa Bay Rays [4-3]

Red Sox have been here before. The Rays have not. Boston teaches the new kids.

NLCS

Milwaukee Brewers def. Los Angeles Dodgers [4-2]

Sabathia vs Manny. CC gets it done, and for the first time ever, people in Milwaukee will drink beer.

The 2008 World Series: American League vs. National League

Boston Red Sox def. Milwaukee Brewers [4-0]

Yea...

ALDS

NLDS

This is more of a pick against Philly, than for Milwaukee. The Phillies just have "choke" written all over them.

Cubs are the best team in the NL, but they are catching the Dodgers at the wrong time. 100 + 1 Cubbie fans.

ALCS

NLCS

Sabathia vs Manny. CC gets it done, and for the first time ever, people in Milwaukee will drink beer.

Yea...

... Really?!

You bring up a point, though. The Red Sox may have struggled against the Rays and Angels this year but they have done something none of the other AL teams have done -- won games in the playoffs.

Yea...

Never thought I'd see the day I'd read what I just read from who just typed it. :blink:

Not thrilled bout doing it either, but objectively, that's how i sees it...

ALDS

NLDS

ALCS

NLCS

Yea...

... Really?!

You bring up a point, though. The Red Sox may have struggled against the Rays and Angels this year but they have done something none of the other AL teams have done -- won games in the playoffs.

Personally, I think thats the most overrated "stat" in all of sports. Who cares if past teams have "Been there" before? It's a completely new year, and as of THIS season the Angels have absolutely PWN3D the Sox. Boston is gonna have to prove that they can handle THIS Angels team, and they have an enormous hill to climb to do it.

Personally, I think thats the most overrated "stat" in all of sports. Who cares if past teams have "Been there" before? It's a completely new year, and as of THIS season the Angels have absolutely PWN3D the Sox. Boston is gonna have to prove that they can handle THIS Angels team, and they have an enormous hill to climb to do it.

Do you think i really wanted to put the Sox up there? i fu*king HATE the Sox. They can all go suck balls in Hell's Assh*le for all i care.

However, this is the way i see it. Only time will tell if i am right or wrong.

Do you think i really wanted to put the Sox up there? i fu*king HATE the Sox. They can all go suck balls in Hell's Assh*le for all i care.

However, this is the way i see it. Only time will tell if i am right or wrong.

Haha hey now, your entitled to your opinion, but all I'm saying is that I personally feel that the Sox have a BIG task on their hands if they are to prove you right. And it's not exactly easy for me to talk so highly of a division rival, the Angels either.

But I still REALLY hope you're wrong :P

ALDS

NLDS

ALCS

NLCS

Yea...

... Really?!

Why do they have an enormous hill to climb? They start out 0-0... so the Angels have had their number? The Angels also haven't played a meaningful baseball game in months (since the A's threw in the towel). If the Red Sox split the first two, all of a sudden they're 1-1 with Beckett taking the mound in game 3.

Archived