MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Someone double-check this for me.....

Aside from the Rangers and Expos/Nationals, every other current team has now made an appearance in the World Series since the Cubs last made it in 1945.....

No, but consider: all four of the 1990's expansion teams will have at least appeared in a World Series. Sad and sobering if you're a fan of the O's, Royals, A's, Rangers, Cubs, Pirates, or any other team that hasn't been there in the past 15 years.

nav-logo.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm torn between the two teams. While I should support the AL since that's Boston's league, I don't dislike the Phillies (I used to own a red cap).

I think I will just enjoy the Series as a fan of baseball.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If you had told me before the season that...

Schilling would be out for the season without even throwing a pitch

Drew, Lowell, and Ortiz would all miss large chunks of the season, and Ortiz would never fully recover

The bullpen would be as bad as they were

Ellsbury, Lugo, and Varitek would all be as terrible as they were

Buchholz would be as bad as he was

Beckett and Dice-K would miss extended periods of times

And Manny would finish the season playing in Los Angeles

... I'd have thought you were :censored:-ing insane to suggest they even make the playoffs. Disappointing finish for sure, but a great season, and great resiliency to make it this far.

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays... they made the hits they needed while the Sox didn't.

IUe6Hvh.png

Are the Phillies EVER going to get some love nationally? Everyone picked the Brewers and Dodgers and looked stupid and now everyone is on the Rays bandwagon...... <_<

I'm sorry, but who picked the Brewers? (lol, thinking back, I think I did, only because it was spur of the moment. :P) Everybody knew that when CC was done, the Brewers were done.

Drew, Lowell, and Ortiz would all miss large chunks of the season, and Ortiz would never fully recover

... I'd have thought you were :censored:-ing insane to suggest they even make the playoffs. Disappointing finish for sure, but a great season, and great resiliency to make it this far.

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays... they made the hits they needed while the Sox didn't.

I wouldn't call Ellsbury terrible. He did have over 50 stolen bases, and made some great plays in the outfield. His bat struggled as the season went on, but I think he had a much better season than Lugo and Varitek.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I wouldn't call Ellsbury terrible. He did have over 50 stolen bases, and made some great plays in the outfield. His bat struggled as the season went on, but I think he had a much better season than Lugo and Varitek.

Yeah,you're right... he just had one really rough stretch. I tend to think it was a very disappointing season from him, though... especially considering the postseason. Still, though, with all the rest on that list, I'm proud of this team.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm torn between the two teams. While I should support the AL since that's Boston's league, I don't dislike the Phillies (I used to own a red cap).

I think I will just enjoy the Series as a fan of baseball.

Same thing with me. I also have a Phillies cap left in somewhere. Then let's enjoy the World Series. Hope that it'll not be so bad like 2005 and 2006 (not intended offense against the White Sox and the Cardinals who won deservedly both Series).

Yeaaah, you are dead right about those points!!! :)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'm cheering for the Phillies. I have nothing against either team, so I'm siding with the fans who deserve it most.

That's right... the Phillies fans are waiting from 1980 for the baseball big prize... and they are a true longtime baseball people with lore and tradition.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'm cheering for the Phillies. I have nothing against either team, so I'm siding with the fans who deserve it most.

That's right... the Phillies fans are waiting from 1980 for the baseball big prize... and they are a true longtime baseball people with lore and tradition.

And Rays fans have been waiting since... well, June?

Hell, Rays fans have barely been Rays fans since June.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hey man, there's some of us out there that have been behind the Rays for the long haul. I've been with them since 1998 and went through the tough times and this sure feels great. Thanks to your Sox for making it a great series.

Can you blame them though? Let's say the Red Sox would have ten seasons of horrible baseball like Tampa did before this year. If that were to happen the loyalty of the Red Sox would definitely drop off a little.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hey man, there's some of us out there that have been behind the Rays for the long haul. I've been with them since 1998 and went through the tough times and this sure feels great. Thanks to your Sox for making it a great series.

I can atetst to that, you had Rays logos in your sig when they were the butt of every joke.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I can atetst to that, you had Rays logos in your sig when they were the butt of every joke.

And your sig is too big.

It's so hard for me to be a fan of baseball, but not of the Rays. Having seem them in that stadium in years past, it's incredible to think they are where they are today.

Nice work, Rays.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nice....lose, then start taking shots at the Rays fanbase. Stay classy, Boston.

And you guys wonder why no one feels sorry for your teams when they lose or when your players get hurt. Boston/New England fans can go :censored: themselves with a rusty nail....

Pleeease... I lived in Florida the last year, the Rays weren't even a blip on the radar -- I said the same about the Rockies last year and I'm a Rockies fan! I said I'm cheering for Philly because their fans deserve it more... try and dispute that. Free parking, cheapest tickets in the league, and they still couldn't crack the top 29 in attendance until this year. The die-hards (like Astrobull and a few others here) deserve it. More than anybody... But the rest don't deserve any of it. Unfortunately, like with Red Sox too, it's the bandwagoners that make the most noise. It's them that make it hard to support the team.

IUe6Hvh.png

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays!!! If it couldn't be my Tribe in the World Series then I'm glad it's the Rays. Now go make the AL proud and win it all!!!

Good night New England & enjoy your long, cold, and snowy winter!!! :lol:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived