MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Nice....lose, then start taking shots at the Rays fanbase. Stay classy, Boston.

And you guys wonder why no one feels sorry for your teams when they lose or when your players get hurt. Boston/New England fans can go :censored: themselves with a rusty nail....

Is that a metaphor? <_<

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you guys wonder why no one feels sorry for your teams when they lose or when your players get hurt. Boston/New England fans can go :censored: themselves with a rusty nail....

Pleeease... I lived in Florida the last year, the Rays weren't even a blip on the radar -- I said the same about the Rockies last year and I'm a Rockies fan! I said I'm cheering for Philly because their fans deserve it more... try and dispute that. Free parking, cheapest tickets in the league, and they still couldn't crack the top 29 in attendance until this year. The die-hards deserve it. More than anybody... unfortunately, like with Red Sox too, it's the bandwagoners that make the most noise.

The D-Backs have the cheapest ticket average. Atlanta and Pittsburgh also have cheaper tickets (on average) than Tampa.

As for comparing band wagon fans?

Boston has no room to talk. After winning the World Series, you've seen more people jump on that bandwagon than anything. Even down here, in Braves-land.

Then, you ask them...."Have you been a Red Sox fan your whole life?"

Answer, "Oh yeah. Sure. Definately."

Meanwhile you ask them who the manager was before Terry Francona and they look at you like you are crazy.

The Rays did what they have done all year. Every time it looked like they were down for the count they would get up and astound everyone again. I really thought that after game 5 the clock had struck midnight for The Rays. Helluva game by Garza and the pen. Joe Maddon is either the luckiest manager I've ever seen or the most brilliant. He goes with a rookie who had appeared in all of 5 major league games to close out game 7 of the ALCS and the kid shuts down the defending World Champions. You gotta be kidding.

Great effort by The Red Sox. I don't know if there is another team in baseball that could have pulled off the comeback they did in game 5 and then take the series to a 7th game. It's a testament to how good they are. Even with 2 outs in the 9th I was still thinking they could still pull it off. No one can say The Rays didn't earn this.

I guess I can finally say it. Boston is officially done. The Rays got that 27th out to win the 4th game in the series. This should be a good World Series. I'm pulling for The Rays but it won't break my heart if The Phillies win it either.

BB52Big.jpg

Pleeease... I lived in Florida the last year, the Rays weren't even a blip on the radar -- I said the same about the Rockies last year and I'm a Rockies fan! I said I'm cheering for Philly because their fans deserve it more... try and dispute that. Free parking, cheapest tickets in the league, and they still couldn't crack the top 29 in attendance until this year. The die-hards deserve it. More than anybody... unfortunately, like with Red Sox too, it's the bandwagoners that make the most noise.

The D-Backs have the cheapest ticket average. Atlanta and Pittsburgh also have cheaper tickets (on average) than Tampa.

Boston has no room to talk. After winning the World Series, you've seen more people jump on that bandwagon than anything. Even down here, in Braves-land.

Meanwhile you ask them who the manager was before Terry Francona and they look at you like you are crazy.

The cheapest tickets thing was a guess. I went to four Red Sox/Rays games in Tampa for relatively cheap -- and those were "premium game" tickets (meaning either opening day or against Boston or New York).

Absolutely no denying that Boston has bandwagoners. That said, there's also no denying that it was one of the more loyal fanbases in sports before 2004, even with 86 years of not winning anything. This isn't really a discussion I care to have, though, I said I'm pulling for Philly because the bulk of their fans deserve it more, and it's the truth. I don't dislike any player on either team, so that's why I'm cheering for the Phillies.

I can call a spade a spade, just as I did with a team who's fanbase I was a part of. What's happening in Tampa right now is exactly the reason I don't cheer for the Rockies anymore.

edit: And for the record, I have about 6 Rays fans who didn't care about baseball in the year I lived down there suddenly talking :censored: to me, so that may play into this.

IUe6Hvh.png

The cheapest tickets thing was a guess. I went to four Red Sox/Rays games in Tampa for relatively cheap -- and those were "premium game" tickets (meaning either opening day or against Boston or New York).

Absolutely no denying that Boston has bandwagoners. That said, there's also no denying that it was one of the more loyal fanbases in sports before 2004, even with 86 years of not winning anything. This isn't really a discussion I care to have, though, I said I'm pulling for Philly because the bulk of their fans deserve it more, and it's the truth. I don't dislike any player on either team, so that's why I'm cheering for the Phillies.

I can call a spade a spade, what's happening in Tampa right now is exactly the reason I don't cheer for the Rockies anymore.

Well if we're talking "non-bandwagon" Boston fans, it has always been my experience that true Red Sox fans don't cheer for anyone else unless they're playing The Yankees. Period. They don't have "second favorites." But that is just my experience as a baseball fan for the last 40 years or so. Just saying... B)

BB52Big.jpg

Anyway, real congratuations to the fat heckler in Tropicana Field, astrobull21, Carl Crawford, Baldelli, Pena, Joe Maddon, and anyone else on that that team over the age of 26 and/or who has been with the team for over 2 years. Nothing against the young guys, but those guys have actually been through some awful :censored:. If they go all the way good for them all though. To be honest I've never met a real live Rays fan so I can't congratulate them, but to those out there congrats to you. Except if you have made contact with a cowbell. But this is a really good team and they deserved it.

...but I had my nice guy concession speech in game 5.

I almost cut my wrists when I saw Jason Varitek within 10 feet of the plate in the last 3 innings. Someone want to tell me what the :censored: Sean Casey did to sit on the bench all postseason? Why is Alex Cora playing? Jesus Christ all the opportunities blown just kill me. 7-8-9 in this lineup is painful to watch. And don't start me on the Kotsay strike three.

In the end, though, as InTheEnd(pun intended) said, when you look at it again this team overcame a ton to make it this far and the fought back in game five and showed some of the heart we know they have. That's something to be proud of going into the offseason, which should be a very exciting one.

Also, I don't know why I'm supposed to root for the AL team automatically just cause they're from the AL. probably 85% of the teams I hate are in the AL and if the representative is one of those teams then I can't root for them. Even if it's the Royals, I mean they're still primarily your opponent. Go Phillies, you and your city deserve it a ton. That said, it's hard to root for anyone.

So I guess you could say it was an exciting series or whatever, maybe the better team won but it still is painful. However, as someone else said the 2 World Series titles don't make you want to win it any less but they make this hurt less, so that's helpful. 03 was so much worse, same with the Super Bowl(even though I have experienced that before as well).

Oh well, another exciting and enjoyable season and February cannot arrive soon enough.

Edit: Why does it show the :censored: emoticon if I star it out?

I can call a spade a spade, what's happening in Tampa right now is exactly the reason I don't cheer for the Rockies anymore.

Well if we're talking "non-bandwagon" Boston fans, it has always been my experience that true Red Sox fans don't cheer for anyone else unless they're playing The Yankees. Period. They don't have "second favorites." But that is just my experience as a baseball fan for the last 40 years or so. Just saying... B)

:lol: :lol:

Well, the thing about that is I'm not going to spend the money in gas to drive down to Denver, pay $10 for parking, $20-30 for tickets, and $7 per beer to sit there and not cheer for anybody. And if I'm going to do that 5-10 times a year, I want the team I'm watching to be competitive. Trust me, when it came down to Red Sox/Rockies last year, the Rockies may as well have been the Yankees as far as I was concerned.

IUe6Hvh.png

Boston/New England fans can go :censored: themselves with a rusty nail....

I'm a Boston/New England fan. And I offered my congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays. So, I should go :censored: myself with a rusty nail?

Stay classy, Hedley....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm a Boston/New England fan. And I offered my congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays. So, I should go :censored: myself with a rusty nail?

Stay classy, Hedley....

Yeah, cause you're a Habs fan. :P

If you say so, GBM. ^_^

But kidding aside, if someone is going to make a post like that, direct the comment at those who really deserve it. However, I can't really blame Hedley. I mean, he is a Braves fans....:P

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm glad the Red Sox lost. I'm also glad that a few of the Red Sox fans in this thread have shown exactly why nobody likes them.

I hope the Phillies lose.

Wait... you don't like me? :cry:

I called it like it is -- it's funny getting :censored: talked to me by fans of a team that they barely knew existed a year ago. That hasn't been the case on this forum, as the Rays fans have been super-classy, but I hope they understand they're not the ones I'm talking about. I know who on this forum has been a Rays fan, and I have all the respect in the world for them.

As it is, I'd rather be the one that's not liked as a person because I cheer for a certain team than to be the one to not like somebody because he cheers for a team. The latter doesn't seem all that rational to me.

IUe6Hvh.png

And the Tampa Bay Rays are going to the World Series...

Wow... just freaking wow...

2008 AL Champion Tampa Bay Rays... Congrats!

Those are some phrases I don't think any of us ever thought we would say.

I love Joe Maddon, he is a true class act. He has done the near impossible with that team. Much congrats to him. He helped us win that World Series in 2002, and I wish him nothing but luck against the Phillies..

Two of my teams have had their own cinderella runs (2002 Anaheim Angels and 2003 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim). Both took it to the farthest brink of a Championship series in a Game 7. I've felt jubilation in one and utter devastation in the other. I love to see stories like this and no one wants to see it end (well except Philadelphia). Congrats Rays and Good Luck...

...Now I'm going to out and buy a Rays hat :lol:

(I've actually been considering buying one all year, but never had the money... well I still don't... oh well)

Wow... Go Rays.. just wow

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Edit: Why does it show the :censored: emoticon if I star it out?

So we don't have to watch you try to swear I guess. Stick with what you're good at and leave the swearing to the :censored:-ing professionals. :D

Well if you're such a :censored:ing master you better teach me because if I listen to Hedley there's going to be a whole lot of :censored:ing going on... :P

I love Joe Maddon, he is a true class act. He has done the near impossible with that team. Much congrats to him. He helped us win that World Series in 2002, and I wish him nothing but luck against the Phillies..

Two of my teams have had their own cinderella runs (2002 Anaheim Angels and 2003 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim). Both took it to the farthest brink of a Championship series in a Game 7. I've felt jubilation in one and utter devastation in the other. I love to see stories like this and no one wants to see it end (well except Philadelphia). Congrats Rays and Good Luck...

(I've actually been considering buying one all year, but never had the money... well I still don't... oh well)

Haha... my friend is apparently buying me a Rays hat. If he goes through with it... you can have it. :lol: :lol:

And lesson #1 Ginger, you have to seperate the word from the "ing" by either a space or a dash.

But I wouldn't listen to Hedley -- though I do find humor in a member who's biggest contribution to the board is taking shots at another member calling me classless.

IUe6Hvh.png

Haha... my friend is apparently buying me a Rays hat. If he goes through with it... you can have it. :lol: :lol:

And lesson #1 Ginger, you have to seperate the word from the "ing" by either a space or a dash.

But I wouldn't listen to Hedley -- though I do find humor in a member who's biggest contribution to the board is taking shots at another member calling me classless.

I didn't want to offend the :censored:ing professionals by using the :censored: icon because I don't know what I'm doing. :lol: (Oops!)

Though yes, I do share your sentiments regarding that issue.

And away we go. Another Boston v. The World battle.

Well, it is "New England week" for the Rams. ^_^

:censored: the Patriots!

Cheatriots!

asterisk.jpg

:P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Stay classy, Hedley....

Same thing with me.

And... I mean, et je suis un fan des Habs aussi. :P

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived