MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1.5 games in and I'm already sick of the Frank TV commercials again. It's going to be a loooong playoffs.

I am with you all the way on that one. Honest to God I thought the guy's 15 minutes were up and he was history. Sadly, I guess not.

His stand up is hilarious. I just couldnt watch more than 10 minutes of his show.

Looks like nobody saw the Phils win, huh ^_^

(I only saw the final out myself.....stupid work <_< )

I watched it all the way through. I'd have liked to have seen the Phillies send Hamels out for the 9th as opposed to giving the Brewers a chance to see Lidge, but I guess it all worked out.

Watching the Cubs game, now. I find the way Dempster moves his glove during his windup annoying.

I may be in the minority here but I find The Cubs a little annoying. Why aren't people as sick of The Cubs as they were sick of The Red Sox? (runs for cover)

At least in my case, a reasonable chunk of the Cubs fans I know are honest to God baseball fans who've been dedicated for years and certainly are not bandwagoners. These people should get to see their team win a championship once.

I don't think The Cubs have band wagon fans. I think they have a core of die hard fans. The rest are the "it's fashionable to go to Wrigley" crowd. They go to the game, buy their hat and shirt, do all the tourist type :censored:, and go back to their TV sitcom/fashion magazine existence. That's what I find annoying.

BB52Big.jpg

I watched it all the way through. I'd have liked to have seen the Phillies send Hamels out for the 9th as opposed to giving the Brewers a chance to see Lidge, but I guess it all worked out.

Watching the Cubs game, now. I find the way Dempster moves his glove during his windup annoying.

I may be in the minority here but I find The Cubs a little annoying. Why aren't people as sick of The Cubs as they were sick of The Red Sox? (runs for cover)

At least in my case, a reasonable chunk of the Cubs fans I know are honest to God baseball fans who've been dedicated for years and certainly are not bandwagoners. These people should get to see their team win a championship once.

I don't think The Cubs have band wagon fans. I think they have a core of die hard fans. The rest are the "it's fashionable to go to Wrigley" crowd. They go to the game, buy their hat and shirt, do all the tourist type :censored:, and go back to their TV sitcom/fashion magazine existence. That's what I find annoying.

Understood, and I bet most of Wrigley has those people tonight. However, since my hometown has a sizable die hard contingent, maybe that's why I find the Cubs less annoying. (Shoot, that's why we have the Cubs' Low-A affiliate.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1.5 games in and I'm already sick of the Frank TV commercials again. It's going to be a loooong playoffs.

I am with you all the way on that one. Honest to God I thought the guy's 15 minutes were up and he was history. Sadly, I guess not.

It wouldn't be so bad if TBS didn't have this habit of just shoving their programming right in your face. They're doing it with this just as they did it with House of Payne before that had ever aired. Frank Caliendo is funny and he does great impressions, but his show's terrible and it doesn't help when you're already tired of it before you've ever even seen it.

Grand slam, James Loney!

4-2 Dodgers.

You knew Dempster's lack of control would bite him in the ass eventually.

IUe6Hvh.png

For those thinking Milwaukee can get out of the Division Series, you're only disagreeing with 10 ESPN staff members!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2008...s?series=milphi

2903183437_f87a9ffe5f.jpg

Such unanimity scares me more than reassures me, but that may come from being in cynical Philadelphia's environs just a wee bit too long.

Nothing was up for White Sox/Rays when looking to see what the other series looked like from a prediction standpoint. 9 of 10 went with the Cubs over the Dodgers, while only 6 of 10 felt the Angels would advance past the Red Sox.

NBA... Finals.... :P

Reminds me of when they predicted the Saints/Bears NFC Championship and EVERYBODY except for a computer predicted the Saints and had them winning BIG.

Turns out computers are still smarter than people.

Grand slam, James Loney!

4-2 Dodgers.

You knew Dempster's lack of control would bite him in the ass eventually.

Oh yeah, Loney's blast hurts -- but it is only 4-2 and still five innings to go. Dempeter's finally out and the Cubs bullpen has been pretty decent all year.

In the words of the late, great Harry Caray: LET'S GET SOME RUNS!

6uXNWAo.png

If The Cubs lose this game The Dodgers will sweep the series. You heard it here first.

And the curse will continue. I am torn on that. I have nothing against Cubs fans. I use to watch the Cubs as a kid on WGN. Sandberg, Dawson, Grace, and so on. I just feel the curse is kind of cool. However, I wouldn't want to be a part of it so I feel for the fans. If it were the Red Sox I would want it to continue. The Cubs seem alright to me.

Because people on the east coast don't have to deal with Cubs fans traveling to their cities.

I'll say it again, the fans in the cheap seats at Wrigley are some of the nicest, most knowledgeable baseball fans you'll ever meet. But the ones who travel make the worst possible ambassadors...

...and it takes a whole bus load of those wannabe tough-guy yuppie douchebags to beat up one Brewers fan.

::ducks::

If The Cubs lose this game The Dodgers will sweep the series. You heard it here first.

Actually Colin Cowherd said it first ;)

But in all serious if the Cubs lose game 1 i don't see them winning it

and as i was typing Manny hits a HR,now its 5-2

damn

It wouldn't be so bad if TBS didn't have this habit of just shoving their programming right in your face. They're doing it with this just as they did it with House of Payne before that had ever aired. Frank Caliendo is funny and he does great impressions, but his show's terrible and it doesn't help when you're already tired of it before you've ever even seen it.

What makes it worse is he is also in those Dish HD ads doing essentially the same thing. That combined with the amount of FankTV produces massive overload for the viewer.

I have too many good friends that are Cubs fans to hate the whole fan base.

But it is very fashionable to be a Cubs fan...I will say that. Chotchs that moved to chicago 3 years ago hold up signs that say "100 years and still waiting" from their front row seats. Its cool to be a cubs fan. That's the main draw.

WGN helped out a ton with the wide reaching fan base. Much like KMOX helped the cardinals, and TBS helped the Braves.

I think the main thing is that everyone finds other team's fans annoying. The more success a team has, the more annoying the fan to everyone else. The Red Sox won and they went from everyone's favorite doormats to everyone's favorite punching bag. The pink haters have something to do with that, for both the Red Sox and the Cubs.

I more find it annoying that I can't really come up with a really good reason why there are cubs fans all over the place. They haven't had any real success for the last 50 years so you don't have the Steelers, Lakers, Bulls, Cowboys, or Yankees factor. I think its just a fun team to be a fan of. You've got the neighboorhood, the ballpark, the celebirty fans, 7th inning stretch, day games...its kinda cool. You hope they win cause you know its just going to be a huge ridiculous party when they pull it off, but if they don't...eh...its been 100 years...whats one more?

And to add insult to injury...Here comes Greg Maddux!

---------------------------

These FrankTV ads are going to drive me to switch over to the football game. I'm reaching the end of my rope with them.

EDIT-and here come the boos! (and the football game.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cubs fans aren't bad. What's bad is this continual crap about 100 years. No one outside of Chicago give a rat's behind. No really, we don't care how long it's been since you've won. Stop living in the past, and I'm not talking to the fans, I'm talking to all the announcers and media people. It's like this crap about Red Sox Nation, no one outside of Boston cares. It's like the crap about the Yankees, no one cares. It's the same crap about the Raiders and the Committed to Excellence crap and paranoia. Actually I do care about that because it's hilarious! I don't hate Cubs fans, I hate the hysteria created by the media and I hate everything that has to do with that crap they call the 7th inning stretch. It was crap when drunk four-eyed boy sang it, and it's crap now!

Actually Colin Cowherd said it first ;)

But in all serious if the Cubs lose game 1 i don't see them winning it

and as i was typing Manny hits a HR,now its 5-2

damn

Yeah but he's an ass-h$%* so it doesn't count. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived