MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Its hard to believe but the last time the Angels beat the Sox in a playoff game, Donnie Moore was the Halos closer and one day away from blowing the ALCS.

That's not hard to believe at all -- how often have the Angels and Red Sox even met in the playoffs?

If my math is right, 3 straight seasons, or 3 out of the last 4.

So the fact that the Angels last win against them came in the playoffs in 1986 does say something. Point goes to Tank. Sorry CC.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its hard to believe but the last time the Angels beat the Sox in a playoff game, Donnie Moore was the Halos closer and one day away from blowing the ALCS.

That's not hard to believe at all -- how often have the Angels and Red Sox even met in the playoffs?

If my math is right, 3 straight seasons, or 3 out of the last 4.

So the fact that the Angels last win against them came in the playoffs in 1986 does say something. Point goes to Tank. Sorry CC.

I concede the point to Mr. Fleming :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Javier Vazquez really needs to be amazing today. A lot of people have been talking about the Rays' inexperience and all, but I'm more worried about them than I would be if the Sox were facing either the Carmines or the Angels. That ugly ass ballpark makes me pretty damn nervous, too.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

the Carmines

I do believe you are the first person since the William Howard Taft administration to refer to them as that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to catch the autogyro.

philly.png

I bashed Ellsbury all season, but he's definitely stepped it up during this game and hopefully will for the rest of the playoffs. I'm happy to "eat crow" on him. Papelbon, who I've been worrying about, looked awesome aside from that hit he gave up, I think he's stepped it up.

Lester, excellent.

Ellsbury started, and ended, the year great. He really just had one bad month. I was hard on him during that stretch, but aside from that, he's been very good for the Sox. If he plays well in these playoffs I really like the Sox chances...

Meh...... you know more like 4 bad months with a few minor 1-2 week bursts sprinkled in. Although I think I have been far more patient with him than most, there was a point by mid-July it became painful to watch him. He had just completely lost his speed in addition to hitting ability, I think after having 30 steals and caught like twice, over the next 2 months he was 3 out of 8 or something. He should not have been in there leading off during June and July.

Fake edit: I just looked it up, you're sorta right, he really only had 2 bad months.

Anyway the second half of the game last night was a complete turnaround from the first half, and it makes me very excited. We only need to play .500 ball here on out and we already won on the road.

I'd say a solid two month slump spread out over about three calendar months. ^_^

He really shouldn't have been leading off during that stretch, but as you know, Tito's awfully loyal -- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But he stuck with Ellsbury and he heated up very quickly. If he's getting on base, the Red Sox are going to be very difficult to beat.

IUe6Hvh.png

Anyone else feel weird watching baseball on TBS? I just can't seem to take it seriously.

I think it is really great coverage. So far I am liking it as much as ESPN and better than FOX. Might be the best national coverage this year.

Edit: I love listening to Reynolds.

Anyone else feel weird watching baseball on TBS? I just can't seem to take it seriously.

I think it is really great coverage. So far I am liking it as much as ESPN and better than FOX. Might be the best national coverage this year.

I agree. I think they've done a great job with it both last year and so far this year -- much better than having to put up with Tim McCarver on FOX. The problem isn't with their coverage, it's with the commercials.

IUe6Hvh.png

Being a baseball fan in the south, watching baseball on TBS is normal.

Being a Braves fan, watching baseball on TBS without the Braves being involved is EXTREMELY weird.

Being a baseball fan in the south, watching baseball on TBS is normal.

Being a Braves fan, watching baseball on TBS without the Braves being involved is EXTREMELY weird.

The Braves not on TBS is very weird to me.

Longoria is making it look easy today. I guess we do need to remind ourselves he is hitting against Javier Vazquez, though.

If I were Ozzie, I would have moved Buehrle up to pitch today. I wouldn't trust Vazquez to get my team off to the right start in the playoffs.

I can't stand Reynolds.

Javy's a four/five inning pitcher - always has been. Ozzie pulled him out - hopefully the Sox bullpen (which has been "somewhat" shaky this past month) can hold the Rays to just five runs.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Archived