MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Longoria is making it look easy today. I guess we do need to remind ourselves he is hitting against Javier Vazquez, though.

If I were Ozzie, I would have moved Buehrle up to pitch today. I wouldn't trust Vazquez to get my team off to the right start in the playoffs.

If I were Ozzie, I would have shot Javier Vazquez where he stood on the mound in August. Of 2007.

There's not a jury anywhere in Cook County that would have convicted him for it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I weren't at work and was able to be actually watching the game. Grant Balfour brought his giant balls into the game and got the Rays out of a bases loaded, one out jam with two swinging strikeouts. James Shields owes him a Coke.

2 things...

1) about yesterday.... What the :censored: was Vlad THINKING!?!?!?! He doesn't see the 3rd base coach's sign, he decides on running before he reaches 2nd and Youkilis has the ball, and after he touches 2nd, he LOOKS BACK and SEES Youkilis WITH THE BALL and continues to run!!!!! WHAT THE EFF!!!! and also :censored: BOSTON! :censored: BOSTON! :censored: :censored: :censored: BOSTON!!!! (for my experiences vs the Sox, Patriots, and Celtics... grrrr)

2) What was that between Balfour and Cabrera? Cabrera kicked up dirt at him after ball 1 and like challeneged him. They both exchange expletives. Balfour strikes him out, PUMPED UP and yells at OC to Sit the :censored: down... that was ballsy right there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I wish I weren't at work and was able to be actually watching the game. Grant Balfour brought his giant balls into the game and got the Rays out of a bases loaded, one out jam with two swinging strikeouts. James Shields owes him a Coke.

And yet, here I am at work, and I need to be watching the game. Go fig.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is a product of C.C. being overworked.

As far as the Guerrero play from last night, Still MIGHTY, it's actually really kind of unfortunate to see... Vlad used to be a 40 steal guy, and now he can barely run. Those days of playing on the turf in Montreal appear to have taken it's toll on him.

IUe6Hvh.png

This was published in the leading baseball journal Duh.

Well, apparently the Brewers didn't see it coming...

They made the playoffs. As far as they are concerned, the season is a success.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2) What was that between Balfour and Cabrera? Cabrera kicked up dirt at him after ball 1 and like challeneged him. They both exchange expletives. Balfour strikes him out, PUMPED UP and yells at OC to Sit the :censored: down... that was ballsy right there.

That isn't just ballsy, that is one of the best moments in postseason history. That is a competitor right there. I now officially hate the Sox. I hope the Rays can take the whole thing.

Everyone in the Green Bay-South Bend corridor can't be doing much more than just throwing up on their collective shoes.

A. I believe the preferred terms are "Lake Michigan Corridor" and "I-94 Corridor"

B. :puke:

They made the playoffs. As far as they are concerned, the season is a success.

damn straight!

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

They knew what they were doing, they just didn't care.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 pitches in 2 ABs to Brett Myers. The crowd was awesome on that first AB. :D

Up 2-0 despite scoring in only 2 innings out of 18 and with Howard failing to put a ball in play yet.

One more win and we're back in the NLCS! ^_^

Archived