Jets in NY Titans Uniforms

larrypep

These uniforms are absolutely gorgeous. The only change I'd make is to add a white outline around the numbers and names.

I would love to see a team wear these full-time... but not the Jets. I know, I know - it's a nod to their history, and I get that, but throwbacks that have completely different color schemes than the accepted colors are just wrong (see: Eagles blue/gold last year).

The Rams. The Rams need to buy these off of the Jets. Keep the current helmet with the horns only make the golds match-up.

The Rams' set is lightyears beyond this. These throwbacks are one of many alternate uniforms that fans tend to overrate because they look good in limited use, but wouldn't work nearly as well if they went to them full-time.

I'm a big fan of the uniforms, but not for the Jets. The Jets are Gang Green. They can't ever change that. But there's no reason another team can't roll this color scheme out, adjust the helmet a bit, outline the numbers in white, and boom...there you have a great uniform.

(College teams too...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

These uniforms are absolutely gorgeous. The only change I'd make is to add a white outline around the numbers and names.

I would love to see a team wear these full-time... but not the Jets. I know, I know - it's a nod to their history, and I get that, but throwbacks that have completely different color schemes than the accepted colors are just wrong (see: Eagles blue/gold last year).

The Rams. The Rams need to buy these off of the Jets. Keep the current helmet with the horns only make the golds match-up.

The Rams' set is lightyears beyond this. These throwbacks are one of many alternate uniforms that fans tend to overrate because they look good in limited use, but wouldn't work nearly as well if they went to them full-time.

Also see Lions, Detroit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Right on with "Gang Green." Ridiculous that both NY football teams have color-based nicknames and routinely stray from them: these loser Titans jerseys, and the "Big Blue" Giants wearing road uniforms with no blue on them.

โ™ซ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneย โ™ซ

Right on with "Gang Green." Ridiculous that both NY football teams have color-based nicknames and routinely stray from them: these loser Titans jerseys, and the "Big Blue" Giants wearing road uniforms with no blue on them.

That's not the same thing. The Giants roads do have blue in the helmet and the pants, and in fact I think the lack of it in the jersey really makes the helmets "pop" more.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

It's pretty odd that the Jets wear these. After all, when the franchise is so horrendous that you change the name, logo, and colors of the team, one would hardly think you'd want to ever recall that era at all.

I'm 100% onboard with that statment. The New York Titans were so bad, the team had to be rebranded after they almost went out of business and really have no tradition behind them at all. I would compare this to Yankees running out of the dugout in New York Highlanders gear or the Dallas Stars wearing Cleveland Barons throwbacks. On top of that, the nickname 'Titans' has been picked up by another NFL franchise, which complicates things even more.

The Jets need to keep it simple and go with kelly and white 80s-style throwbacks. Us Jets fans would have no problem with that at all.

6uXNWAo.png

On top of that, the nickname 'Titans' has been picked up by another NFL franchise, which complicates things even more.

This isnt' a Hampton Roads/Milwaukee Admirals situation, this is a team honoring a former local team. Nothing more.

I watched the game and no one ever called them the New York Titans except to explain why they were wearing the uniforms.

No one said "Touchdown, Titans!"

No one said "Recovered by the Titans."

So, why would this complicate things?

I actually like them.

Classy. Simple.

The way a football uniform should be.

Well, maybe they are, but this is wrong. Why the Jets would want any reference to the Titans, which were a disaster on the field and in the front office, is beyond my comprehension. If you want a throwback, go back to the Namath-era (lighter green vs. now, and, of course, gray facemasks) Jets. Yes, it doesn't look that different, but that's because Parcells chose to go back to those unis.

Packers-2.png

The New York Titans were so bad, the team had to be rebranded after they almost went out of business

I think that's a hard statement to support.

Plenty of teams have been bad, plenty of teams have struggled, and have found their footing without overhauling their identity. The Titans were renamed because the new owner wanted to put his stamp on them (including his corporate colors, in a cross-promotional move), but they didn't have to be.

Any other new owner could have kept the name and colors intact, and the franchise would have continued onwards (it's not like New Yorkers of the day weren't used to lovable losers, after all).

The only thing that the Titans had to do was hire Weeb Ewbank.

The New York Titans were so bad, the team had to be rebranded after they almost went out of business

I think that's a hard statement to support.

Plenty of teams have been bad, plenty of teams have struggled, and have found their footing without overhauling their identity. The Titans were renamed because the new owner wanted to put his stamp on them (including his corporate colors, in a cross-promotional move), but they didn't have to be.

Any other new owner could have kept the name and colors intact, and the franchise would have continued onwards (it's not like New Yorkers of the day weren't used to lovable losers, after all).

The only thing that the Titans had to do was hire Weeb Ewbank.

Well, you know more apparently about the history behind that move than I do. My assumption was that they were pretty awful since I'd read about players not getting paid, rat-infested locker rooms, and so on. Thanks for the additional info.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Oh, you're right. The Titans were awful, and broke to boot - neither an uncommon condition of AFL teams in the early days.

But that alone didn't necessitate a complete overhaul. The Denver Broncos were terrible, but when sold early on their new owners kept the name and colors. Al Davis didn't feel the need to change the Oakland Raiders' name when he bought the pathetic team (although he did tweak the colors, trading gold for silver).

I don't like them at all. Way too plain and the colors aren't appealing at all.

I wish they'd use the logo and uniform like in erlovpuck's sig.

Let me guess. Your favorite NFL uniforms are The Falcons and Cardinals.

ย 

BB52Big.jpg

ย 

All roads lead to Dollar General.

ย 

I don't like them at all. Way too plain and the colors aren't appealing at all.

I wish they'd use the logo and uniform like in erlovpuck's sig.

Let me guess. Your favorite NFL uniforms are The Falcons and Cardinals.

I don't care really about either of those jerseys, but I can't stand the whole plain thing in pro sports. I like more out there or at least more to it.

I actually like the Bucs, Broncos, Steelers, and Eagles.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived