Ottawa Senators Uniform Concept with Tower logo

aci

Hey all, these are the first jerseys I've posted on here. I hope you like them.

I first decided to try making these jerseys when the striped side-panels came into my mind. I remembered that some NHL teams have the body section of their jersey design end at the side panel (the Ducks, for example), and thought it would be interesting to have the main part of a jersey's design be ON the side panels. The idea for stripes came from three sources: the Ottawa Senators of old, who had black/white/red striped uniforms, the Ottawa 67's OHL team, and the St Catharines Falcons Junior B team, though their stripes are only red and white.

Originally, I had the Sens' current logos on the home and away jersey, but decided to switch to the Peace Tower logo based on the fact that I, personally, think it's much better. I like the retro-style 'O' shoulder-patch that Ottawa currently uses, though, so I decided to keep it on the concept uniforms.

One other notable difference is that I darkened the red used on the jerseys, because the one the Sens use is borderline pink, and I'd imagine that dark red would be much more imposing on the ice.

Home

w8mjrc.jpg

Away

311wh3a.jpg

Alternate

2z8dw6f.jpg

Please let me know what you think of my work.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

shouldn't Heatley be 15?

Yeah lol... you know it's late when... let's just pretend Spezza got traded and Heatley secretly wants his number.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

All in all, not bad.... Don't know how the 67's would feel about sharing the stripes though?

Well, they borrowed their stripes from the original Ottawa Senators in the first place, so I'd imagine they'd be okay with lending them back.

And I know the stripes are a different concept, a little weird. I really think they'd grow on you over time, though. They're one of those things that could really define a team.

I like the idea, but the stripes make it have too much going on. Thicken the stripes and make it flow more and you have an awesome design.

Good Work.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

The alternate looks all good and dandy on screen, but one you put those on a player and the arms are down, I just think that they won't look that great. Too many stripes going in different directions...

The alternate looks all good and dandy on screen, but one you put those on a player and the arms are down, I just think that they won't look that great. Too many stripes going in different directions...

That is a valid point, which I didn't consider.

I've been working on a variation of the original concept I did, using wider stripes. I think the wide stripes, plus the fact that the sides of a jersey is mostly hidden when the arms are down, it shouldn't be too bad. When the players are wearing them, it should turn out pretty good.

There are a bunch of other changes I've made, too.

- fixed the number thing (LOL)

- eliminated gold from the jerseys and patches

- cleaned up the logos

- made the number bigger

- changed the red to the same shade the original Semators used (1930 or so)

- made the body of the alternate black, to simplify it

- changed the colours on the sleeve panels of the home and away jerseys

The new ones will be posted soon.

Home 2.0

zv8odv.jpg

Away 2.0

30kaqfd.jpg

Alternate 2.0

1181wet.jpg

Let me know if these are any better than the originals.

It's a good beginning but there's still room for some improuvement.

The first thing that strikes me is that the black stripes take too much space. It seems like 2 completely different uniforms have been ripped apart and then randomly sewn back together. I would have preferred if you shrunk the black areas and incorporated some of the striping pattern on the arms for the sake of consistency.

What I do like is the Barberpole stripe on the shorts. No one has done that so far, so points for being original. Just make it a bit thicker.

Good job.

• 1 month later...

I first decided to try making these jerseys when the striped side-panels came into my mind. I remembered that some NHL teams have the body section of their jersey design end at the side panel (the Ducks, for example), and thought it would be interesting to have the main part of a jersey's design be ON the side panels. The idea for stripes came from three sources: the Ottawa Senators of old, who had black/white/red striped uniforms, the Ottawa 67's OHL team, and the St Catharines Falcons Junior B team, though their stripes are only red and white.

Originally, I had the Sens' current logos on the home and away jersey, but decided to switch to the Peace Tower logo based on the fact that I, personally, think it's much better. I like the retro-style 'O' shoulder-patch that Ottawa currently uses, though, so I decided to keep it on the concept uniforms.

One other notable difference is that I darkened the red used on the jerseys, because the one the Sens use is borderline pink, and I'd imagine that dark red would be much more imposing on the ice.

Home

w8mjrc.jpg

Away

311wh3a.jpg

Alternate

2z8dw6f.jpg

I like them for the most part. I think the stripes up the sides are a bit much. But other than that pretty good.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

The first version was pretty awful but you took the criticism and reallty turned it around, good job.

Loving that alternate 2.0. Maybe try making all the jerseys have that striping pattern all the way on the bottom of the arms. The stripes on the pants are kinda weird. Not sure I like them. But it's original, I'll give you that.

thecatch.jpg

Home

w8mjrc.jpg

Away

311wh3a.jpg

Alternate

2z8dw6f.jpg

I like them for the most part. I think the stripes up the sides are a bit much. But other than that pretty good.

Dude you've got to stop bumping up old threads.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived