Annoying MNF Error

Shroinke

Here's a quick solution, slap a sticker on the left side of that puppy! :rolleyes:

I know the Steelers would never go for that because of the whole "tradition" thing, but it seems kind of silly that a professional team these days would only use one logo on their helmet.

Silly like a professional team wearing uniforms with a circle-R trademark symbol on their home jersey patch? Or a different kind of silly?

^_^

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Here's a quick solution, slap a sticker on the left side of that puppy! :rolleyes:

I know the Steelers would never go for that because of the whole "tradition" thing, but it seems kind of silly that a professional team these days would only use one logo on their helmet. If a with without tradition, say the Texans, were to leave one side of their helmet blank, everyone on here would be up in arms with their 'EPIC FAIL' pictures.

Only if they caved in 2 seasons later and didn't stick to it. Traditions have to start somewhere.

Very true, but let's keep in mind that the Steelers have bucked tradition before...

When the went from this:

31-83385-P.jpg

To this:

31-32539-P.jpg

If the Steelers are willing to mess with the "traditional" jerseys they wore during their glory days of the 1970s, they can certainly toss another logo onto the helmet to even things up. :D

Actually, in a way, the Steelers "returned" to their italicized numbers from the early 60's:

johnhenryjohnson03.jpg

metslogo_215.gif

I know the Steelers would never go for that because of the whole "tradition" thing, but it seems kind of silly that a professional team these days would only use one logo on their helmet. If a with without tradition, say the Texans, were to leave one side of their helmet blank, everyone on here would be up in arms with their 'EPIC FAIL' pictures.

Only if they caved in 2 seasons later and didn't stick to it. Traditions have to start somewhere.

Very true, but let's keep in mind that the Steelers have bucked tradition before...

When the went from this:

31-83385-P.jpg

To this:

31-32539-P.jpg

If the Steelers are willing to mess with the "traditional" jerseys they wore during their glory days of the 1970s, they can certainly toss another logo onto the helmet to even things up. :D

Actually, in a way, the Steelers "returned" to their italicized numbers from the early 60's:

johnhenryjohnson03.jpg

I was unaware that the Steelers used rounded digits back in the 60s -- But let's be honest, there was no tradition behind them. If I recall, Pittsburgh was the NFL's version of the modern-day Bengals during that era.

6uXNWAo.png

This problem is just as annoying as when it happens in a sports publication. When I was a kid I'd buy The Sporting News and cut out the pictures of the MLB baseball hats, as well as the NFL helmets and NBA logos and use them on a homemade standings board. That was of course before you could find logos on that internet thing.

Now, it's disheartening to occasionally find an out of date logo in SI or Sports Weekly or whatever publication (especially our local Courier-Journal). They don't seem to keep up. I remember that when the Arizona Cardinals updated their helmet logo a few years ago, it took forever before I'd see it in use in some print publications. And I still occasionally see the older version, how many years later.

Ah ha! Someone else who made homemade standings boards! That is probably where my interest in logos started, I saw them advertised in magazines and started making homemade ones. First I hand drew some on index cards and taped them to alphabet magnets, and stuck them on a chalkboard, later got a little more sophisticated. Used to scour Sears catalogs and such for logos, occasionally I would even sacrifice trading cards to cut out a logo. I guess there wouldn't be much challenge in the hobby today if you have a decent printer. I still have my old standings board hanging in my room at my parents house with logos circa...1994?

Archived