MiLB 2009 - New Identities

darkshadow1031

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now...if they were to decide to change the team name to the Syracuse Nationals, would they have to get clearance from the 76ers and/or the NBA?

That's a very good point. If that were to happen, I'd bank on the Chiefs having to get clearance to change the name to "Nationals".

2s7i3gp.png

The Bisons will be changing their logos and uniforms to coincide with the Mets which just adds to the travesty that this affiliation change has brought. It's been 20 years of not looking like our parent club; I just hope we don't play like them.

How is this such a travesty? The Indians seem to be the ones that wanted to move. Also, this paves the way for blue to become a part of the Bisons identity again and offers a chance to get rid of their Christmas-like current set. If this brings back the late 80's-early 90's uniforms or some sort of updated take on a retro look, I'm all for it.

What about the Indians? It should've been pretty obvious in my post that it was more disappointing for me that the Mets are coming in rather than the Indians leaving, even though I'm an Indians fan. Past Mets' IL teams have been some of the worst teams I've ever seen play. Granted they improved a lot in the PCL, but look at how much disarray the big team is in. It's gonna trickle down somehow.

And literally looking like you parent team is a bad thing. The "Christmas" colors, as everyone calls them for some reason -- the green was all but gone the last two years except for a drop shadow on the home -- isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's trying to look like a team with a color identity crisis like the Mets.

I know there's a thread on AAA changes, but in honor of the 60+ page NBA and NHL threads, I wanted to lump all of MiLB into one neat package/thread.

As we know, the following has been unveiled (this initial post will be updated after each unveiling):

- Gwinnett Braves (unknown) - unveiled 6/3 (Link)

- Oklahoma City RedHawks (Studio Simon) - unveiled 9/16 (Link)

- Reno Aces (SME Branding) - unveiled 9/23 (Link)

- Chattanooga Lookouts (unknown) - unveiled new uniforms/caps to honor Dodgers' affiliation (Link)

- Fort Wayne TinCaps (unknown) - unveiled 10/2 (Link)

The following changes have been confirmed:

- Bowling Green - ???

- Port Charlotte - ???

- Buffalo Bisons - rumored to incorporate Mets' identity

And then there's the avalanche of rumors, alternate logos and new caps standard for every MiLB offseason...and that's what this thread is all about.

Cards.png

I've emailed the Port Charlotte organization and recieved word that something should be known in the next couple of weeks. Also, their current website is www.charlottecountybaseball.com, so I'm wondering if their location will be Charlotte County rather than Port Charlotte.

I don't think they'll go this route, with it being a part Ripken/part Rays ownership, but as long as the team isn't the Rays I'll be happy.

- Chattanooga Lookouts - unveiled new uniforms/caps to honor Dodgers' affiliation (http://www.lookouts.com/images/downloads/2009%20Lookouts.pdf)

The red in it reminds me more of Cubs rather than Dodgers, they should have recolored the C with eyes blue.

'Baggers? Nutter?

Nah, too easy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My nomination was Fort Wayne Appleseeds (Johnny Appleseed, a hero of American folklore, is believed to be buried there, Johnny Appleseed Days are a staple of Fort Wayne, and the ballpark is going to be built near Johnny Appleseed Park).

Let's see if they use it...

bYhYmxh.png

My nomination was Fort Wayne Appleseeds (Johnny Appleseed, a hero of American folklore, is believed to be buried there, Johnny Appleseed Days are a staple of Fort Wayne, and the ballpark is going to be built near Johnny Appleseed Park).

Let's see if they use it...

Actually the old ballpark is right next to Johnny Appleseed Park. The new one is downtown.

Fort Wayne Nightmare Ants?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived