MLB 2009

mania

The Washington Nationals will unveil their new 2009 regular-season jerseys at the ESPN Zone on Thursday, November 6 at 12:00pm. Nationals Manager Manny Acta and outfielders Elijah Dukes and Lastings Milledge will take part in the event, moderated by radio broadcaster Charlie Slowes. Following the program, Acta, Dukes and Milledge will participate in a 30-minute autograph session. The event is open to the public and the first 50 guests to arrive will receive a Nationals promotional item at the conclusion of the event. The jerseys will be available for purchase exclusively at the Nationals Park Team Store, located on Half Street Southeast in the ballpark?s Center Field Plaza, Thursday, November 6 through Sunday, November 9.

*Nationals manager and player schedules are subject to change

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A local Baltimore radio station claims the Orioles' home uniforms will also be tweaked and there wll be a new cap

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/20...alute-maryland/

The O’s will debut new uniforms and a new hat on November 12 and lo and behold, the team finally looks like they’re going to get it right.

The team’s new home jersey will be “modernized” somewhat and the jersey will now sport a patch of the Maryland flag on the shoulder.

Of course, the BIG news is that the team - after 35 years of stupidity (some of what didn’t include the current ownership group) - is returning the word BALTIMORE to the front of the road jersey.

I've seen the new uniforms and I can confirm the above. But I'm really not impressed with the changes. They've added a whole bunch of unnecessary crap that doesn't belong, and the Baltimore script looks terrible, in my honest opinion. My only thumbs up goes to the new home BP uniforms.

I absolutely loved what they wore this year; it was simple, it was clean, and it looked great.

Could you elaborate on the unnecessary crap? I'm just curious. It was my understanding that they'd only change the road uniforms to Baltimore and add a patch. I'm kinda hoping they didn't go overboard with the changes.

Without being too specific, the unnecessary crap is: new piping, two patches on every jersey minus the home and the BPs...new home, road and BP caps.

I was wondering if ( or if any rumors out there ) that the Blue Jays where changing their home uniforms, or if not any updates to their uniforms ? With two different sets of uniforms, ( home and away ), I wounder if they will keep them the same going into next season.

Do you silly, England-loving Canadians actually add the inexplicable u to the word "wonder" too?

Without being too specific, the unnecessary crap is: new piping, two patches on every jersey minus the home and the BPs...new home, road and BP caps.

I am so freaking excited for this and the Nationals, it's not funny.

Why does the Orioles stuff excite you? Except for the Maryland patch and the Baltimore road jersey, I'm scared now. I have this horrible vision that two patches means the return of the Fun Bird.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Why does the Orioles stuff excite you? Except for the Maryland patch and the Baltimore road jersey, I'm scared now. I have this horrible vision that two patches means the return of the Fun Bird.

Well, it's primarily about the "Baltimore" script. And as a former member of the Orioles Fun Club, which used the Fun Bird rather frequently, it's kinda grown on me. And the hats. I'm hoping for a "B" or orange hat, but I doubt either will happen.

i'm pumped for orioles fans that you guys are sort of getting what you wanted after a long time. i'm kind of bummed that i haven't heard any changes coming up for the mets.

after watching the phillies win the series last night, i figured, "hey, we could at least LOOK good next year." i'm just dying to read something that they'll be ditching black drop shadows and doing more blue.

i heard and fairly unsubstantiated rumor that they considered doing cream colored homes similiar to the mitchell and ness throwbacks the 60's era players were wearing for shea's closing ceremonies. if only. that retro look would be perfect coupled with a grey set without any black and blue hats.

on the o's front, i'm sort of pumped to see the new redesigned bird. i LOVED the old cartoon bird logo and i'm really hoping that it stays true to form.

sig2024.png

What the phillies should do is have the stars that dots the i in phillies be gold for the one game.

That's a winner right there.

It would have the added bonus of symbolizing every world championship the Phillies have ever won.

(My idea had been switching to gold pinstripes instead of the red, but that's just because I hate the pink pinstripe look the Phillies currently sport. The gold stars idea is much better.)

20082614447.png

I was wondering if ( or if any rumors out there ) that the Blue Jays where changing their home uniforms, or if not any updates to their uniforms ? With two different sets of uniforms, ( home and away ), I wounder if they will keep them the same going into next season.

Do you silly, England-loving Canadians actually add the inexplicable u to the word "wonder" too?

No, we Canadians do not add the letter "U" to the word wonder.

Stupid American. jk

What the phillies should do is have the stars that dots the i in phillies be gold for the one game.

You win the thread. That's an excellent idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Nationals will look awesome...I think a lot of people will enjoy the changes there. But please don't worry, be happy; the fun bird is gone.

I'm kind of torn about whether the Phillies should do the gold-trimmed jersey thing next year. I guess it's kind of become customary, so I guess they should do it, but I can't imagine that it will look very good.

I've never noticed gold trim on the Championship team's jersey the following year. Anyone have pics?

I'm kind of torn about whether the Phillies should do the gold-trimmed jersey thing next year. I guess it's kind of become customary, so I guess they should do it, but I can't imagine that it will look very good.

I've never noticed gold trim on the Championship team's jersey the following year. Anyone have pics?

I dont have any pics but I know for a fact the Red Sox did it, either last year or '04 or both, I cant remember. But I know for a fact that they did. It also seems like the Cardinals might have as well, any St. Louis fans that can confirm this?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

The Nationals will look awesome...I think a lot of people will enjoy the changes there. But please don't worry, be happy; the fun bird is gone.

Isn't there supposed to be a new hat added as well?

For the Orioles, all but the O's hat are new. For the Nationals, a new alternate cap.

For the Orioles, all but the O's hat are new. For the Nationals, a new alternate cap.

Dang. Why are my two favorite teams releasing new stuff during the worst economic times since the Great Depression?

I dont have any pics but I know for a fact the Red Sox did it, either last year or '04 or both, I cant remember. But I know for a fact that they did. It also seems like the Cardinals might have as well, any St. Louis fans that can confirm this?

Here is the Red Sox in 2005. They wore the gold trim only for the ring ceremony, not the actual game.

1113254867_0819.jpg

1113256326_3362.jpg

Speaking of the Red Sox, does anyone know about a possible change to the road uniform for 2009? I heard rumors of a change but I don't know if that means the addition of a road alt or just a completely different look to the main road jersey.

I have a quick suggestion for Majestic Athletic. Why not come up with a 50% cotton /50% polyester jersey for all 30 teams(home,road ,alternate(s), and BP jerseys as well that looks exactly like an authentic jersey,except the wordmark would be silk-screened, rather than embroidered and hopefully with a retail price that would be nearly half the price of the 100% polyester material used for the replicas, especially with the struggling economy. What do you guys think?

Archived