MLB 2009

mania

I have a quick suggestion for Majestic Athletic. Why not come up with a 50% cotton /50% polyester jersey for all 30 teams(home,road ,alternate(s), and BP jerseys as well that looks exactly like an authentic jersey,except the wordmark would be silk-screened, rather than embroidered and hopefully with a retail price that would be nearly half the price of the 100% polyester material used for the replicas, especially with the struggling economy. What do you guys think?

Replica jerseys cost around $60, right? I think that anyone who is so concerned about being needing to save $30 on replica baseball jerseys during this crisis should probably get their priorities in order and realize that baseball jerseys at any price ain't what they should be spending their money on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering if ( or if any rumors out there ) that the Blue Jays where changing their home uniforms, or if not any updates to their uniforms ? With two different sets of uniforms, ( home and away ), I wounder if they will keep them the same going into next season.

Do you silly, England-loving Canadians actually add the inexplicable u to the word "wonder" too?

Hahahaha, although I write (at least I'm trying) in American English, that "ou" helps me to place the proper pronunciation...; I'm deaf and this kind of "aid-memory" helps me alots like the French and Castillan written accents.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

For the Orioles, all but the O's hat are new.

Really? I didn't know that. Is it a radical change or a slight change (like the small switch in 98)?

Dang. Why are my two favorite teams releasing new stuff during the worst economic times since the Great Depression?

Well, the best way to get out of a recession is spend money. So maybe their trying to encourage people to start spending.

Without being too specific, the unnecessary crap is: new piping, two patches on every jersey minus the home and the BPs...new home, road and BP caps.

I am so freaking excited for this and the Nationals, it's not funny.

Why does the Orioles stuff excite you? Except for the Maryland patch and the Baltimore road jersey, I'm scared now. I have this horrible vision that two patches means the return of the Fun Bird.

The Nationals will look awesome...I think a lot of people will enjoy the changes there. But please don't worry, be happy; the fun bird is gone.

Isn't there supposed to be a new hat added as well?

For the Orioles, all but the O's hat are new. For the Nationals, a new alternate cap.

Wow, Dorf, how do you know so much? Do you work for the Nats?

I like the new Rays colors and logo, but I wish they would still have left the two tones of green in their uniforms as well. They still have the Rays tank at the Trop so they haven't totally abandoned the reference to the fish. I still saw plenty of fans with green on in the stands this year as well. The green and blue tones would match perfectly I think. I just hate radical rebrandings.

I like the new Rays colors and logo, but I wish they would still have left the two tones of green in their uniforms as well. They still have the Rays tank at the Trop so they haven't totally abandoned the reference to the fish. I still saw plenty of fans with green on in the stands this year as well. The green and blue tones would match perfectly I think. I just hate radical rebrandings.

Two tones of green? I recall only one green paired with the light accent of royal blue.

For the Orioles, all but the O's hat are new.

Really? I didn't know that. Is it a radical change or a slight change (like the small switch in 98)?

Slight changes.

Wow, Dorf, how do you know so much? Do you work for the Nats?

No, I don't. I wish.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Do the Red Sox still use those red alternates? They seem rare in use now.

Yeah, they do from time to time. You can see them mostly on weekend, day home games.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The white trim was all but invisible, even on HD sets. Removing it didn't impact the thickness of the letters.

I'm aware that I'm nit-picking...but I beg to differ.

I found the white trim around the lettering in the grey uniforms necessary to help differentiate between blue and grey. As thin as it was, it was still noticeable enough to work. The funny thing is that I notice the absence of white more now then I did the presence of it before. To me that validates the need for it to be included.

On the gray, I can see.

But did you think that the blue numbers on the home whites were too thin before they dropped the pointless white outline?

Hmmmm...not sure.

I guess my biggest pet peave has to do with the grey uniform.

The home whites don't bug me as much because the contrast between the dodger blue and bright white is much more apparent then on the grey unis.

The white trim was all but invisible, even on HD sets. Removing it didn't impact the thickness of the letters.

I'm aware that I'm nit-picking...but I beg to differ.

I found the white trim around the lettering in the grey uniforms necessary to help differentiate between blue and grey. As thin as it was, it was still noticeable enough to work. The funny thing is that I notice the absence of white more now then I did the presence of it before. To me that validates the need for it to be included.

On the gray, I can see.

But did you think that the blue numbers on the home whites were too thin before they dropped the pointless white outline?

Hmmmm...not sure.

I guess my biggest pet peave has to do with the grey uniform.

The home whites don't bug me as much because the contrast between the dodger blue and bright white is much more apparent then on the grey unis.

The old home whites, though, were a matte white. You could see the difference...one hell of a lot better than you can see the black second layer of tackle twill on the Orioles' black jerseys.

Someone with the Twins told me that there will likely be a "Final Season" patch for this last year in the Metrodome. There are no hints at what that logo might look like however.

Maybe something like this with the TC logo and '82-'09 in it?

black-trash-bag-280x280.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived