MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay you two, try actually doing that, tell me how it looks on a real, grown-up baseball uniform, and then get back to me.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From this description, there's gonna be way, way, waaaay too much going on with these jerseys, especially with the sleeve scripts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There's going to be the full road script on the sleeve of the Alternates? That sounds... hmm.

Nothing new as for the idea. The Dodgers had their script on their former road unis:

t1_nomar2.jpg

Ick, I don't remember that... it looks horrible.

If the Nationals want to maintain some of their past and strike a happy medium between red and blue why don't they simple flip the old Montreal Expos "M"?

that would actually be a sweet idea!

curlyexpos.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

For the Orioles, based off that page and logo, the Oriole will be standing on what looks like curved/broken feet with nothing under it? It is supposed to look like perched feet, but there is nothing else in the logo so it looks weird to me.

I don't get it.

2ly2w09.jpg

If the Nationals want to maintain some of their past and strike a happy medium between red and blue why don't they simple flip the old Montreal Expos "M"?

that would actually be a sweet idea!

curlyexpos.gif

excellent. i would like to see a concept based on this. i do not have the talent

nice, looks like the patch that was to include some Maryland influence is the quartered flag with the oriole superimposed on it and Baltimore Orioles around it. Nice job! Can't wait to see the Baltimore script aways....finally

The Orioles primary logo is changing. The diamond is vamoosed & the new bird will perch atop the script.

Hopefully it'll be facing the right way this time around...

Basically, are they going to an updated version of

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=622 ?

That's what I hear. The diamond logo incorporated yellow that was reflected in the feather highlights of the bird. Which meant that yellow was in the Orioles' color scheme - now that the feather highlights & diamond are gone, so is all yellow. Minus the Maryland flag patch, of course.

Which, I have to admit, looks much sharper than I thought it would...

Archived