MLB 2009

mania

1997: The Red Sox, supposedly a stronghold of tradition, trot out two alternate caps during the course of the season: one with a white "B" and one with a white crown (additional views here and here). Both caps quickly end up on the scrap heap, but not before they add six more years to the team's World Series curse.

Where was that last pic taken? Looks like he's at SkyDome, but wearing the home Red Sox uniform.

Looks like it's just the outfield wall at Fenway.

Yeah that's definitely center field at Fenway -- you can see the giant gate to Nomar's left, along with the yellow home run indicator to his right.

Weird... I always thought Fenway's fences were green. Just the monster then?

I think the color just might be off somehow. I'm pretty sure all of the fences at Fenway are the same color.

In looking at it again, it reminds me more of the walls at the Kingdome than the Skydome (light blue vs. royal blue).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My monitor colours must be off because I don't see anything close to "Fenway Green" or "Kingdome Blue" in that picture... I'll trust the majority on this one.

I think it was the lighting in the picture. Fenway's walls are a bit of a blue-green fusion...not pure green, but not quite teal. Kind of a mix. That picture is most definitely featuring Fenway's center field wall, though.

My monitor colours must be off because I don't see anything close to "Fenway Green" or "Kingdome Blue" in that picture... I'll trust the majority on this one.

The extra U is probably screwing them up. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I think it was the lighting in the picture. Fenway's walls are a bit of a blue-green fusion...not pure green, but not quite teal. Kind of a mix. That picture is most definitely featuring Fenway's center field wall, though.

Its definitely Fenway. The color of the wall in the pic is way off though. There were no other ballparks in baseball at that time that could allow for a large wall with what appears to be a door or inlet showing behind a picture of a shortstop from that angle.

It also could have been an overcast day or something that caused the weird tint of the wall, which was further exacerbated by the adjusting of the color during the developing of the photo. They probably adjusted the colors in the photo to be more towards the teal side then the green side to make the white and red pop. Just compare both photos of Nomar, which were obviously taken the same day. The colors were adjusted.

According to this from Uniwatch, those caps only saw the light of day for a game or two in 1997...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/070823

1997: The Red Sox, supposedly a stronghold of tradition, trot out two alternate caps during the course of the season: one with a white "B" and one with a white crown (additional views here and here). Both caps quickly end up on the scrap heap, but not before they add six more years to the team's World Series curse.

And gingerbreadman, the mock up of the red cap with the current jerseys looks absolutely perfect!!

Has there EVER been a successful baseball cap (at least within the past 30 years) with a white crown? The Mets cap, the Red Sox cap... the only caps that I can think of that have a white crown are the Blue Jays hats that they now wear w/ their Friday alt, and the Expos pinwheel cap. Are there any more?

330zl3b.png

According to this from Uniwatch, those caps only saw the light of day for a game or two in 1997...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/070823

And gingerbreadman, the mock up of the red cap with the current jerseys looks absolutely perfect!!

Has there EVER been a successful baseball cap (at least within the past 30 years) with a white crown? The Mets cap, the Red Sox cap... the only caps that I can think of that have a white crown are the Blue Jays hats that they now wear w/ their Friday alt, and the Expos pinwheel cap. Are there any more?

Those just have the front panle of the crown white, not the whole thing. Big difference as far as appearance.

WIN:

Robio.JPG66Aparicio.jpgdobsono.jpg

LOSE:

baltimore_jersey_markakis.jpg

See the difference?

The new script blows.

Can someone with Photoshop skills put a black trim along the jersey neck/"lapel" and down the buttons just to see what it looks like?

No photoshop skills here, but I've got this hangin' in my closet...

PIX1003.jpg

PIX1004.jpg

PIX1005.jpg

What is also hard to see in the new modified bird logo, is the subtle Gray highlights.

Orioles New Logo Photo Gallery

5rqlybck1gg1.jpg

This logo is much better than the last one, but the claws look like a total cop-out to me. What the hell is that? It is just a black and orange blob. It is as if they had to complete the drawing in 5 min, and they spent 4:50 on the body, then drew the feet in 10 seconds.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This surfaced on the Next Level Talk forums as the possible '09 Red Sox road:

4a9afe8a.jpg

I'm inclined to think road throwback at this point (it's based on the 1936 design), but there's no confirmation anywhere that they're actually going to use it. Yet.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Where was that last pic taken? Looks like he's at SkyDome, but wearing the home Red Sox uniform.

Looks like it's just the outfield wall at Fenway.

Yeah that's definitely center field at Fenway -- you can see the giant gate to Nomar's left, along with the yellow home run indicator to his right.

Weird... I always thought Fenway's fences were green. Just the monster then?

I think the color just might be off somehow. I'm pretty sure all of the fences at Fenway are the same color.

In looking at it again, it reminds me more of the walls at the Kingdome than the Skydome (light blue vs. royal blue).

I know I've said this before, but I was a huge fan of the white Red Sox cap. I had one at the time (I've long since lost it - I'm going to try to find an old pic of myself in it today or tomorrow). In fact, anyone know a place to get one (7 3/4)? eBay's probibly the best bet at this point, eh?

Moose

This surfaced on the Next Level Talk forums as the possible '09 Red Sox road:

4a9afe8a.jpg

I'm inclined to think road throwback at this point (it's based on the 1936 design), but there's no confirmation anywhere that they're actually going to use it. Yet.

While I'm no sleuth, I do believe that is a photoshop job.

Archived