MLB 2009

mania

Here's how red hats would look:

redhat.jpg

I just don't see it happening. I really don't think we can change the hat. (I have no preference on the undershirts but I really like the new red merchandise and emphasis, though I don't think you could go wrong with either red or blue, except for alternate or BP jerseys.

Nice Manip.

The Red Sox are getting new hats this season, but they look to be Navy with the two red socks on the front. Not sure if it is a BP or a Alternate.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's how red hats would look:

I just don't see it happening. I really don't think we can change the hat. (I have no preference on the undershirts but I really like the new red merchandise and emphasis, though I don't think you could go wrong with either red or blue, except for alternate or BP jerseys.

Nice Manip.

The Red Sox are getting new hats this season, but they look to be Navy with the two red socks on the front. Not sure if it is a BP or a Alternate.

soxlogo.jpg

Like this kinda?

2IA3b.png

QUOTE(RichMGH @ Saturday, November 15th, 2008 - 16:56:00)
That's not the new stuff.

The new Red Sox single-A affiliate in Salem, VA just released their uniform set. Will any of this look make it to the big league level as part of Boston's changes?

I wouldn't doubt it,though the Red Sox would not look good in a sleeveless jersey, but a navy road alternate jersey with the city name written across the chest, like their road bp's is a likely possibility in the future. We'll see.

I would. I don't think a team as old, established and as steeped in tradition (for the most part) as the Red Sox are gonna be looking to their Minor League teams for uniform inspiration.

QUOTE(RichMGH @ Saturday, November 15th, 2008 - 16:56:00)
That's not the new stuff.

The new Red Sox single-A affiliate in Salem, VA just released their uniform set. Will any of this look make it to the big league level as part of Boston's changes?

I wouldn't doubt it,though the Red Sox would not look good in a sleeveless jersey, but a navy road alternate jersey with the city name written across the chest, like their road bp's is a likely possibility in the future. We'll see.

I would. I don't think a team as old, established and as steeped in tradition (for the most part) as the Red Sox are gonna be looking to their Minor League teams for uniform inspiration.

But what if it goes the other way around, and Salem is modeling theirs (specifically the road uni) after what Boston could potentially be releasing, but just haven't already.

I also find it hard to believe that the Red Sox would go with the double red sock hat. They have not worn a hat like that since 1931 (single sock). I would prefer a return to the 1975-79 red crown cap.

I have it listed on our sheet as a "new hat" for 09.

Is this sheet available for public viewing?

I also find it hard to believe that the Red Sox would go with the double red sock hat. They have not worn a hat like that since 1931 (single sock). I would prefer a return to the 1975-79 red crown cap.

Unfortunately that isn't possible.

understandable, any hints? like the Marlins switching to the Miami Marlins and trading the F for an M

understandable, any hints? like the Marlins switching to the Miami Marlins and trading the F for an M

I don't see any change for the Marlins. this is what I see: SF BP, Texas Alternate, Twins BP, DC Alternate, Red Sox hat, and 3 new Orioles hats as has already been discussed. That is all I can see right now.

I don't see any change for the Marlins. this is what I see: SF BP, Texas Alternate, Twins BP, DC Alternate, 3 new Orioles hats as has already been discussed. That is all I can see right now.

I appreciate the info. I guess we will have to wait see.

Not sure if this was posted in MLB 2009, but

Primary:

lty880yrmrra64y6tqfqmdnbf.gif

Alternate:

zhj00offb02na69fdxeh8zl8c.gif

Scripts:

driwjokglt8kyv0fz0hfkg1bs.gif

r85g2bitjgfee5o56ktv7hhv7.gif

9ugph7ihttrhwowsp4bhaney1.gif

Hat logo:

mgwr4tool2azvh4lgzmkzf7hf.gif

This is all just from sportslogos.net. Check it out here

I'm just quoting this so as to move it from the stand alone thread that was created. Now that one can be sent to the graveyard.

And I gotta say, with how good the "Baltimore" script looks in print means it was simply poor execution of the wordmark on the jerseys. In print, it's more balanced doesn't look so awkward. And look how well it matches up, look for look, angle for angle (somewhat) with the "Orioles" wordmark.

I don't see any change for the Marlins. this is what I see: SF BP, Texas Alternate, Twins BP, DC Alternate, Red Sox hat, and 3 new Orioles hats as has already been discussed. That is all I can see right now.

Do you see any changes for the Yankees, by chance?

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived